Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: so all you guys wishing Price the best in Chicago « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 28, 2012, 11:59:35 AM

He's done.............we got the best anyone offered for him......Chicago loses nothing.

Exactly and isn't his recent injury a pretty serious one? Hes got a tough road.

tmac87

Starter
#16 : July 28, 2012, 12:02:00 PM

First and foremost, I get why he had to go. Punching Barron in the face was stupid... But as far as him popping a "hammy", the reports I read said scar tissue, so just a few days and he's back. .... I think with patience, Brian will be able to get to old UCLA form. Not smart expecting a starting role out of someone who had radical surgery and played at 70% the whole season woulda been smart, but that's more an indictment of our depth..

Chi will allow him to get in shape, might even start on PUP, but who cares?? For a 7th round pick, I would let him sit out the whole year if that meant his recovery would be full and he could come into my 2013 Training camp causing havoc. I think Chicago will get the better of this trade, but Schiano's TBA can't be questioned any longer.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 28, 2012, 12:02:54 PM

He's done.............we got the best anyone offered for him......Chicago loses nothing.

He passed a physical in Chicago, so we shall have to wait and see...

Look, I am all in favor of bettering the team, but how is this bettering the team?  You can wait to get more out of him by dangling him further along in the TCs, or even Pre-season, IMO.  Unless they think he explodes before any live contact V. another opponent.

I could care less that he is off the team.  But I am more concerned about what kind of a job Dom is doing.  The alarming number of FAILs is something to keep an eye on.  Incompetence from a GM is not a "win", not to me anyway.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 28, 2012, 12:03:30 PM

How is he going to recover from his past anymore in Chicago than he would in Tampa and how does that help with his homesickness?  Well Chicago is a crap hole just like where he's from in LA so maybe he will like it.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 28, 2012, 12:04:19 PM

Personally, I have lost a lot of Belief in Dominik.  I am not sure what he is capable of, aside from sexy draft picks at the moment.  He needs to redeem himself in a major way.

If Price blows up, well...chalk up another FAIL for Dom.  If he doesn't, it is still a FAIL as a result of investment returned.

I agree...it's looking as if Dom is well on his way to having just as bad of a drafting rep as the great Allen. Super-cuts better hope his most recent draft class is stellar. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 28, 2012, 12:05:09 PM

How is he going to recover from his past anymore in Chicago than he would in Tampa and how does that help with his homesickness?  Well Chicago is a crap hole just like where he's from in LA so maybe he will like it.
I COMPLETELY diagree.  Chicago is awesome.  HAving been there, stayed at the "W" Hotel...it was a fantastic time!  I LOVED it there.  Good peeps, a lot to do.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 28, 2012, 12:06:53 PM

Look, I am all in favor of bettering the team, but how is this bettering the team?  You can wait to get more out of him by dangling him further along in the TCs, or even Pre-season, IMO.  Unless they think he explodes before any live contact V. another opponent.

I could care less that he is off the team.  But I am more concerned about what kind of a job Dom is doing.  The alarming number of FAILs is something to keep an eye on.  Incompetence from a GM is not a "win", not to me anyway.
. Well this IS going to be a make or break year for Dom.  No more excuses.  Either he redeems himself as a GM and we have a good year or he will most likely be replaced.  But you never know with the Glazers.

shawn731

Starter

#22 : July 28, 2012, 12:10:47 PM

I hope the best for him. If what your saying happens then it won't be because of Price. It will be because of our players. Price is gone and needed a new start after the crap hes been through here. Price hasn't really been that big of a part of this new team besides the scuffle and few practices he's been to. He's no longer a part of this team. We have already made moves anticipating this deal. If we suck, it's not because of Price. It's because of our players on the field suck and need changed.

My thoughts exactly.  I do wish the best for him on and off the field.  I am more hot that we seem to always take chances and so far they have not panned out.  In addition, all this posturing better amount to a respectable product on the field.  If this team does not make a complete 180 from last year... i will be  >:( and then  :-[.  All I want is a good football team is that too much to ask for?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 28, 2012, 12:10:56 PM

Have you even been to Chicago?? Or do you just read that the crime rate is high...and so it's gotta be sh*tty....

Dude, Chicago is awesome. Would love to live there if the job opportunity presents itself in my industry. Have friends who work there and they absolutely love it.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 28, 2012, 12:54:40 PM

Sure it's concerning. These things don't happen on a smoothly run team. They should have done more research on Prices background and some other things too. Players getting hurt a lot may have to do with the players we drafted, the way we do things here may be the reason, or they could be freak accidents. This is football and **CENSORED** happens because of it but it's probably more a combination of all of those in some way. If this team continues to suffer because of missing out on the draft picks then of course Dom should be fired. That's the way it should be.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 28, 2012, 01:13:58 PM

I hope those are just words of politeness and you don't really mean it because what if he goes on to have a great year and our defense continues to stink?  Not going to be good for Dom and Schiano. 

why cant he get his life back on track AND we have a solid defense?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 28, 2012, 01:26:34 PM

1. Price's physical problems were multiple. Maybe he works out, but it's highly unlikely.
2. His psychological problems may never work out. This wasn't about Barron. It was about him having many emotional issues.
Yes, I wish him well in life. But not on the football field. Ever notice that every time a player ''slips'' in the draft and the Bucs think they're smarter than everyone else, the guy turns out to be a huge bust? Simms, Marquise Walker, Price. A long problematic list.

In Verner We Trust

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 28, 2012, 01:33:27 PM

Personally, I have lost a lot of Belief in Dominik.  I am not sure what he is capable of, aside from sexy draft picks at the moment.  He needs to redeem himself in a major way.

If Price blows up, well...chalk up another FAIL for Dom.  If he doesn't, it is still a FAIL as a result of investment returned.

I agree...it's looking as if Dom is well on his way to having just as bad of a drafting rep as the great Allen. Super-cuts better hope his most recent draft class is stellar.

The wild card is Josh Freeman. If he becomes the super-star we hope he does , then it makes everyone forget a lot of these other bad picks , and allows us to over-come them.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 28, 2012, 01:39:02 PM

Agree 100%.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 28, 2012, 01:42:09 PM

Well they actually did him a favor by traded him this early so he can attend the Bears TC.  We had no intentions of keeping him.
So is that a good thing?  A saavier GM doesn't help other teams out.  Just saying.

He will try to get the upper hand in any trade.  I think BP could have fetched more than a 7th...that much I think is true.

Dom with the FAIL, in regards to losing a second round pick so quickly, yet again.

Yep. No reason not to wait it out a bit. Doubt he would have had much a negative effect on other players.

I think Schiano called it and Dom bowed to his wishes.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: so all you guys wishing Price the best in Chicago « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools