Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: so all you guys wishing Price the best in Chicago « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 28, 2012, 01:43:56 PM

Yep. No reason not to wait it out a bit. Doubt he would have had much a negative effect on other players.

I think Schiano called it and Dom bowed to his wishes.

whats there to wait it out for?  schiano has had months to decide if price is the type of guy he wants to build his team around.  certainly agree with the second part...the entire organization is tied to schiano.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 28, 2012, 01:45:47 PM

The question is this: Would the Bucs keep Schiano and get rid of Dominik? Our swing-and-miss rate on draft choices continues to be awful.

In Verner We Trust

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 28, 2012, 01:49:22 PM

Yep. No reason not to wait it out a bit. Doubt he would have had much a negative effect on other players.

I think Schiano called it and Dom bowed to his wishes.

whats there to wait it out for?  schiano has had months to decide if price is the type of guy he wants to build his team around.  certainly agree with the second part...the entire organization is tied to schiano.

He hasn't had months to see how Price disrupted opposing O Lines after further recovery from his surgery. Tell me how it would have hurt by letting
him recover in a few days and then play in a few preseason games? You don't think a 7th would have been there?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 28, 2012, 01:51:18 PM

Our swing-and-miss rate on draft choices continues to be awful.

Isn't ^^that^^ the truth..

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 28, 2012, 01:52:41 PM

Marty for GM 2013?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 28, 2012, 01:52:43 PM

Agree somewhat that dom could have waited but other than his draft status give me one reason that you know, seen, or read on why we should have kept him around? Dom has shown he made a mistake and cut his losses sooner rather than later. Aside from the injury the guy was a locker room problem that didn't contribute to winning just like the other 3 players they got rid of.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 28, 2012, 02:00:17 PM

He hasn't had months to see how Price disrupted opposing O Lines after further recovery from his surgery. Tell me how it would have hurt by letting
him recover in a few days and then play in a few preseason games? You don't think a 7th would have been there?

being outside the walls of OBP, who knows.  maybe he wasnt going about his business as schiano had asked of him?  maybe prices disruption came more from being a selfish player?  maybe team doctors told schiano that price would never recover?  maybe price didnt even try on day 1?  maybe price showed up the coaching staff?

i rooted for price, i thought he was gonna be something special here.  i dont care anymore.  sure, i would have liked to have gotten more back than a 7th.  sure, turning a 2nd in a 7th grades out poor.  but i got better things to do than complain and moan before the 1st game.

would it have hurt to keep him around for a couple weeks on the stationary bike?  probably not.  will it hurt to have shipped him off yesterday?  probably not.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 28, 2012, 02:02:35 PM

Agree somewhat that dom could have waited but other than his draft status give me one reason that you know, seen, or read on why we should have kept him around? Dom has shown he made a mistake and cut his losses sooner rather than later. Aside from the injury the guy was a locker room problem that didn't contribute to winning just like the other 3 players they got rid of.

Besides the Barron, incident, what specifically do you have that shows he was a locker room problem?

One reason to keep him around? He disrupts the opposing O Line and is not easily replaceable.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 28, 2012, 02:05:30 PM

being outside the walls of OBP, who knows.  maybe he wasnt going about his business as schiano had asked of him?  maybe prices disruption came more from being a selfish player?  maybe team doctors told schiano that price would never recover?  maybe price didnt even try on day 1?  maybe price showed up the coaching staff?

i rooted for price, i thought he was gonna be something special here.  i dont care anymore.  sure, i would have liked to have gotten more back than a 7th.  sure, turning a 2nd in a 7th grades out poor.  but i got better things to do than complain and moan before the 1st game.

would it have hurt to keep him around for a couple weeks on the stationary bike?  probably not.  will it hurt to have shipped him off yesterday?  probably not.

Couple of weeks? Where are you getting that from? A few days is what they said.

And nobody has yet given a valid reason for not keeping Price for all or most of camp.

You have better things to do than moan and complain? But you have time to defend the move or speculate why it might have been the right move?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 28, 2012, 02:08:42 PM

Besides the Barron, incident, what specifically do you have that shows he was a locker room problem?

One reason to keep him around? He disrupts the opposing O Line and is not easily replaceable.

Locker room problem:
 http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8089:&Itemid=15

He disrupts the opposing o line to the tune of how many sacks? and he was the starting nose tackle for the worst rush defense in team history. We could get Roy Miller to give the same production without the problems.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 28, 2012, 02:13:22 PM

And nobody has yet given a valid reason for not keeping Price for all or most of camp.

You have better things to do than moan and complain? But you have time to defend the move or speculate why it might have been the right move?

couple of weeks, couple of days...is there a difference?  the guy hasnt been healthy in 2 years.   he hurt himself running in a straight line this time. 

only 2 guys need to have a valid reason...and they arent talking...which ironically i consider to be classy.  sure as fans we dont like it, but its not our right to know every detail inside OBP.

yeah, id rather spend my time defending my team rather than figuring out ways to complain.  fans have complained about price being a bust for 2 years now...so we get rid of him and fans complain.  never ending.  fans complained for years there was no discipline and the coach was too buddy buddy.  so the team hires a a real coach and fans complain that he's too harsh and egotistical.  never ending. 

youngone

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 28, 2012, 02:14:03 PM

I know his story is heart touching and I wish the guy the best in life but on the field lets be honest he was horrible. No lineman in the league would take it easy on the guy just because he is walking wounded so why should a keep putting him out there to see the same ol song and dance.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 28, 2012, 02:20:15 PM

couple of weeks, couple of days...is there a difference?  the guy hasnt been healthy in 2 years.   he hurt himself running in a straight line this time. 

only 2 guys need to have a valid reason...and they arent talking...which ironically i consider to be classy.  sure as fans we dont like it, but its not our right to know every detail inside OBP.

yeah, id rather spend my time defending my team rather than figuring out ways to complain.  fans have complained about price being a bust for 2 years now...so we get rid of him and fans complain.  never ending.  fans complained for years there was no discipline and the coach was too buddy buddy.  so the team hires a a real coach and fans complain that he's too harsh and egotistical.  never ending.

I would say that 1/4 of Americans love to b*tch, moan and speculate....seems that would be an accurate count for PR MB's, as well.

"sure as fans we dont like it, but its not our right to know every detail inside OBP"

There are few things closer to the truth than ^^that^^.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 28, 2012, 06:20:42 PM

Get the same production from Roy Miller? A guy most of you complained about and wanted off this team because Price was getting more production even after being hurt? You guys are a bunch of fruit cakes. The scene here is getting old. Miller will NEVER compare to Price.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 28, 2012, 06:34:58 PM

Get the same production from Roy Miller? A guy most of you complained about and wanted off this team because Price was getting more production even after being hurt? You guys are a bunch of fruit cakes. The scene here is getting old. Miller will NEVER compare to Price.

actually miller's production is not that much different from price's.  and people forget miller played this past season with a bum knee as well.  miller doesnt have the potential of price, but he doesnt have the drama either. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: so all you guys wishing Price the best in Chicago « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools