Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers missed out on a 5th round draft pick for Dezmon Briscoe « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

smove28

Starter

#15 : July 28, 2012, 04:00:30 PM

And, according to a reliable source, Cherlize Theron wanted to give me some a$$ too. Why do you guys even bother listening to this stuff lol :)

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 28, 2012, 04:02:42 PM

And, according to a reliable source, Cherlize Theron wanted to give me some a$$ too. Why do you guys even bother listening to this stuff lol :)
I have those same dreams too. But a dream isn't a reliable source. :P

tog

Pro Bowler
#17 : July 28, 2012, 04:03:30 PM

Something is better than nothing.

Absolutely.

Except:
(1) Is this a reliable report?
(2) Does a possible 5th round pick actually turn into a pick?
(3) Do a bunch of teams, purportedly, putting in waiver claims on Briscoe mean they would have traded a pick?

I'll remind everyone that Santonio Holmes, an elite WR, went only for a 5th. 

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 28, 2012, 04:09:21 PM

Tog, Holmes suspension may have had something to with that.

McCoy93

Starter

#19 : July 28, 2012, 04:11:32 PM

Tog, Holmes suspension may have had something to with that.

plus they had an upcoming receiver in mike wallace to replace holmes

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 28, 2012, 04:15:39 PM

An extra 5th could be useful if you were putting a trade package together to fill areas of weakness now or in future drafts.....if this report is accurate then it's a pretty big fail IMO.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 28, 2012, 04:15:43 PM

Oh well... perhaps blew a pick. Doesnt matter AT ALL anymore since her was cut already. Move the hell on people. Nothing to see here. Think this is the last hindsight mistake this coach/gm make? Think again. Look around the league... seeing mistakes in hindsight happens EVERYWHERE on every team.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 28, 2012, 04:17:47 PM

Something is better than nothing.

Absolutely.

Except:
(1) Is this a reliable report?
(2) Does a possible 5th round pick actually turn into a pick?
(3) Do a bunch of teams, purportedly, putting in waiver claims on Briscoe mean they would have traded a pick?

I'll remind everyone that Santonio Holmes, an elite WR, went only for a 5th.

And elite WR with baggage and a high price tag. I don't think its far-fetched to think that Briscoe is worthy of something.

-------------------------------------------------------

lowlife

Starter
#23 : July 28, 2012, 04:21:50 PM

Briscoe came with his own baggage.
I'm not going to take this as gospel like some have, but I do think Dom could have gotten something for him.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 28, 2012, 04:23:52 PM

My biggest fear is becoming a reality.. we have a **CENSORED**ing hot head as the head coach.

I get the whole "my way or the highway" attitude, but Schiano needs to realize really quick he isn't coaching up kids and that hes coaching a room full of alpha males who get paid as much or more than he does. You kick a kid off the team in college, he can't resurface immediately and have that come back to bite you in the ass. When you ship out Brian Price for a 7th round pick and cut Briscoe for absolutely nothing, these moves can alienate a team and turn people against you. Be a coach and try and coach these guys up, dont quit on them day 1 of training camp... unless of course you aren't capable of coaching them up.

After all, its not like he was ever able to win the Big East.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 28, 2012, 04:26:29 PM

again, more ignorance imo.  who's to say price and briscoe didnt quit on the Bucs?  who's to say the team wont band together without the drama?  dont think coughlin won the BE either.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 28, 2012, 04:29:41 PM

Pissing up a rope here GT. This place is full of professional NFL Head Coaches and GMs... Also full of people who have direct inside knowledge of the reasons the HC and FO do everything they do...

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 28, 2012, 04:31:21 PM

"Pffffft....so then I'm like....Greg....I can give you a playoff roster strictly off 7th rounders and UDFA's....I'm the Dom-inator...beeyatch..."

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 28, 2012, 04:31:30 PM

Oh well... perhaps blew a pick. Doesnt matter AT ALL anymore since her was cut already. Move the hell on people. Nothing to see here. Think this is the last hindsight mistake this coach/gm make? Think again. Look around the league... seeing mistakes in hindsight happens EVERYWHERE on every team.

Still worthy of discussion

-------------------------------------------------------

youngone

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 28, 2012, 04:33:56 PM

QFT
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers missed out on a 5th round draft pick for Dezmon Briscoe « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools