Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers missed out on a 5th round draft pick for Dezmon Briscoe « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 28, 2012, 04:36:15 PM

My biggest fear is becoming a reality.. we have a **CENSORED**ing hot head as the head coach.

I get the whole "my way or the highway" attitude, but Schiano needs to realize really quick he isn't coaching up kids and that hes coaching a room full of alpha males who get paid as much or more than he does. You kick a kid off the team in college, he can't resurface immediately and have that come back to bite you in the ass. When you ship out Brian Price for a 7th round pick and cut Briscoe for absolutely nothing, these moves can alienate a team and turn people against you. Be a coach and try and coach these guys up, dont quit on them day 1 of training camp... unless of course you aren't capable of coaching them up.

After all, its not like he was ever able to win the Big East.
* HEAD DESK* how about we actually let hm run things and see how the season goes? Seriously, you guys will bash him for THIS?!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 28, 2012, 04:36:41 PM

Still worthy of discussion

its a tough discussion because there arent too many facts to lean on yet.  hopefully someone will ask dominik about it, and hopefully he will address it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 28, 2012, 04:37:29 PM

Oh well... perhaps blew a pick. Doesnt matter AT ALL anymore since her was cut already. Move the hell on people. Nothing to see here. Think this is the last hindsight mistake this coach/gm make? Think again. Look around the league... seeing mistakes in hindsight happens EVERYWHERE on every team.

No argument there.. the "every possible chance to attack" crowd that gets irritating i spose.

smove28

Starter

#33 : July 28, 2012, 04:41:14 PM

Not saying that it's not possible, but common sense would dictate that if the Steelers got a 5th rd pick for Santonio Holmes who started on a Super Bowl winning team, Only an idiot would give up a 5th round pick for a guy who was not even the 4th WR on a team that went 4-12. Can we move along now kids?

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 28, 2012, 04:43:17 PM

again, more ignorance imo.  who's to say price and briscoe didnt quit on the Bucs?  who's to say the team wont band together without the drama?  dont think coughlin won the BE either.
Price and Briscoe showed up for camp and were released. Joseph Addai showed up for camp and quit.

Here come the Briscoe had baggage posts. Guest appearance on a reality show and baby mama drama is baggage? Everyone has baggage, even you wanna-be goody two shoes. He knocked a girl up, pays his child support, but it's not enough and she wants more or she wants him back. Women are crazy. His girlfriend was on Basketball Wives. So he made a guest appearance. That show was recorded way before OTA's. Another sign some of you are clowns.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 28, 2012, 04:44:58 PM

its a tough discussion because there arent too many facts to lean on yet.  hopefully someone will ask dominik about it, and hopefully he will address it.
Address it? You mean with your "coach speak" you mentioned. Yea, we will herpetologist hear the truth out of him. Sure thing buddy.

Damn Android phone running slow and me typing fast.
: July 28, 2012, 05:50:26 PM SWAGGANEER

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 28, 2012, 04:45:13 PM

How the hell would you call someone kicking an immature **CENSORED** off the team hotheaded? You wanted a disciplinarian, and now that you got it, "Mommy, the big scary man cut a player I think I know about!!! :("

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 28, 2012, 04:45:51 PM

Oh well... perhaps blew a pick. Doesnt matter AT ALL anymore since her was cut already. Move the hell on people. Nothing to see here. Think this is the last hindsight mistake this coach/gm make? Think again. Look around the league... seeing mistakes in hindsight happens EVERYWHERE on every team.

No argument there.. the "every possible chance to attack" crowd that gets irritating i spose.

Weed 'em out.

My first thought when the cut was made was why be so hasty?  IF it is true that 4 teams put in a waiver claim for him, then i don't think its unreasonable to think that one of those teams would have traded a pick to make sure they got him. And if that's the case, then someone's emotion got ahead of business.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 28, 2012, 04:48:57 PM

Price and Briscoe showed up for camp and were released. Joseph Addai showed up for camp and quit.

Here come the Briscoe had baggage posts. Guest appearance on a reality show and baby mama drama is baggage? Everyone has baggage, even you wanna-be goody two shoes. He knocked a girl up, pays his child support, but it's not enough and she wants more or she wants him back. Women are crazy. His girlfriend was on Basketball Wives. So he made a guest appearance. That show was recorded way before OTA's. Another sign some of you are clowns.

sorry, the clowns are all heading to DC.  or if you prefer the west coast start watching the 'hawks.

briscoe wasnt able to show his employer he can handle being a man.  and so he's gone, pretty simple imo.  price wasnt able to show he is mentally or physically ready to play NFL football and he is gone.  root for the guys here rather than crying over the ones that arent.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 28, 2012, 04:51:23 PM

Not to mention Briscoe could have been used as trade bait with Dallas for Jenkins. This team needs all the help at CB that they can get.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 28, 2012, 04:51:41 PM

My first thought when the cut was made was why be so hasty?  IF it is true that 4 teams put in a waiver claim for him, then i don't think its unreasonable to think that one of those teams would have traded a pick to make sure they got him. And if that's the case, then someone's emotion got ahead of business.

i think all fans thought like that...but dominik is in charge of personnel at the end of the day.  doubt it was emotions getting ahead of business.  but i will agree its odd that the Bucs didnt get something for him.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 28, 2012, 05:30:13 PM

i think all fans thought like that...but dominik is in charge of personnel at the end of the day.  doubt it was emotions getting ahead of business.  but i will agree its odd that the Bucs didnt get something for him.
That is my only gripe. Price may have had more value than a 7th and Briscoe definitely had value. Schiano's ego is an issue. I liked the Schiano hire. Hell, I went on record to say he reminded me of Lombardi. But even Lombardi was told a couple seasons later by a few players to respect them. Briscoe missed 1 week of OTA's and showed up at the beginning of week 2.
: July 28, 2012, 05:52:30 PM SWAGGANEER

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#42 : July 28, 2012, 05:32:09 PM

The Schianoites are awful defensive. I love it, Gregory is a clown with a complex.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 28, 2012, 06:15:08 PM

Not to mention Briscoe could have been used as trade bait with Dallas for Jenkins. This team needs all the help at CB that they can get.

Love it!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 28, 2012, 06:46:49 PM

Exactly. Briscoe had value. It was obvious that he wouldn't pass waivers, which means somebody would have given up something to jump to the front of the line. The way Dominik works, I am sure he was aware of this. My hunch is that Schiano wanted an example made of Briscoe IMMEDIATELY to set the tone of camp. To me that's letting ego get a little ahead of smarts.....which is not good.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers missed out on a 5th round draft pick for Dezmon Briscoe « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools