Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers missed out on a 5th round draft pick for Dezmon Briscoe « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#90 : July 29, 2012, 02:00:15 AM

I would pile the value sheeeyet more on Dom than a first year HC myself.

Sorry about your family...I just know I'm never going to see my brother again if he packs up and goes away again.........damn it all.
Sorry about that.  BUt I my never see my loved ones again ever. And not as a result of them packing or not.

And to date, there are three of them. 

But this is not a contest about that.  Hope you and yours get back to good. 

Go BUCS!!

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#91 : July 29, 2012, 02:02:48 AM

Sorry if I have seemed different boid. My life is in flux and im pissed at EVERYONE....don't mean too take it out on you if I have.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#92 : July 29, 2012, 02:05:43 AM

You're still the best, Beatles. Hand in there, dude.

In Verner We Trust

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#93 : July 29, 2012, 02:08:45 AM

Hand in there, dude.
Too bad BucsFTW took down his multiple gif posts sigs...

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#94 : July 29, 2012, 02:09:30 AM

You're still the best, Beatles. Hand in there, dude.
Looks like we all are having issues with our smart phones! WTF is going on? I spelled heard earlier and got HERPETOLOGIST!

BTW - Please remove your hand from in there. :)

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#95 : July 29, 2012, 02:10:39 AM

Had a long night at the office. Typing isn't what it usually is. Oops!

In Verner We Trust

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#96 : July 29, 2012, 11:02:11 AM

how does ego affect cutting a guy vs trading him?

It doesn't. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#97 : July 29, 2012, 11:55:03 AM

We all have family issues.... this should be an escape from that.

Back on topic, K2 is gone.... and needed to be. Price and Briscoe are gone... and coach is well within his right to send them packing as well. We knew this was coming.... that examples would be made. My issue is not that they're gone.... its whether we were a little hasty in doing so. I think we were... but my opinion, like others, means nothing. Time to move on.

-------------------------------------------------------

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#98 : July 29, 2012, 12:00:04 PM

We all have family issues.... this should be an escape from that.

Back on topic, K2 is gone.... and needed to be. Price and Briscoe are gone... and coach is well within his right to send them packing as well. We knew this was coming.... that examples would be made. My issue is not that they're gone.... its whether we were a little hasty in doing so. I think we were... but my opinion, like others, means nothing. Time to move on.

I think your right its time to move on. What Ive seen with Schiano in how he is dealing with these guys is simple. He gives these guys a chance to be Buccaneers. He tells them exactly what he wants. If they dont do it, its on them. As a fan I got respect for that. Id rather not be the guy who decides whether cutting a guy is wrong or right because I wasnt there. I hate to act like I was.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#99 : July 29, 2012, 12:21:59 PM

What Ive seen with Schiano in how he is dealing with these guys is simple. He gives these guys a chance to be Buccaneers. He tells them exactly what he wants. If they dont do it, its on them. As a fan I got respect for that.

Bingo!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#100 : July 29, 2012, 12:59:18 PM

Way too much being put on Schiano for this. As see it, Schiano says "I don't want this guy on my team" and the GM then either notifies the NFL of a waiver or the GM tries to wheel and deal.

Schiano doesn't communicate with the league or do the actual paperwork for cutting/trading, so ANY failure for not getting any value for Briscoe falls SOLELY on Domink's head.

Regardless of what Schiano said or wanted, it is the GM who decided to fill out the waiver paperwork and fax it to NY without making any trade interest calls. MD could have faxed the waiver at 11 am or 5 PM or even told GS "we need to wait a day". It was MD that decided to NOT SHOP, period.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#101 : July 29, 2012, 01:04:49 PM

Although I'm disappointed that we weren't able to get any compensation for our asset.. Schiano has made it clear "we need more dogs".

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#102 : July 29, 2012, 01:34:33 PM

Way too much being put on Schiano for this. As see it, Schiano says "I don't want this guy on my team" and the GM then either notifies the NFL of a waiver or the GM tries to wheel and deal.

Schiano doesn't communicate with the league or do the actual paperwork for cutting/trading, so ANY failure for not getting any value for Briscoe falls SOLELY on Domink's head.

Regardless of what Schiano said or wanted, it is the GM who decided to fill out the waiver paperwork and fax it to NY without making any trade interest calls. MD could have faxed the waiver at 11 am or 5 PM or even told GS "we need to wait a day". It was MD that decided to NOT SHOP, period.

This is exactly right , compensation is Dom's responsibility , and doesn't  change the fact that Schiano made the right decision .

Although I don't believe for a second that anyone would have given us anything better than a 7th , and I do believe Bruce Allen put that "5th" rounder" myth out there to make himself look good for acquiring him for free...so take it with a grain of salt.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

gone

Hall of Famer
#103 : July 29, 2012, 07:34:34 PM

I guess his is a "win" scenario for some folks who think NFL football requies hardline discipline, and nothing else.
The GM needs to be saavy, needs to tame the coach down.

Dom failed again.

And Greg Schiano needs to realize that his way of doing buiness flies with collegiate children, but a group of rich men will eventually tune him out, and will wind up costing him a livlihood.

Schiano needs to be more like Bill bellicheck, and less like...well...himself.

I said it already, yesterday.  Time to recoup VALUE from these guys, rather than considering it a "win" situation by ditching guys because they pissed you off.  Tht is poor football saavy.  And that is coming from a "casual" fan.

I have a feeling Greg S's ego is going to be a massive issue.  And not because he can squueze a good scheme out of minimal talent like Gruden could, but because he wants these guys to be a fellowship, a la college.  These guys are not going to buy into that for long.  Wait and see is one thing, but Schiano needs to wise up quick.  He hasn't done a thing in terms of saavy.  But his 16 110 yard sprints sure reminds me of nothing.

You know, that is something I've mentioned before, regarding a story I read about college coaches and they interviewed sever that came from college to the pros, and one of them pointed out that exact thing, and even more, about how an organization has more invested a lot of their individual players than in the coach.  Funny thing is, the guy who mentioned it was Butch Davis.

As to the "hothead" thing, while some of the stuff that is going on is starting to make me a bit wary of the new regime, I don't see how this could possible be an anger related move.  There are too many other people in the building that would have pointed out what a phenomenally  stupid move it would be to just cut someone without at least trying to get a pick, and if you're really pissed and want to make a point, you ship him off to some hellhole like Jacksonville where the QB is so bad it will really damage his career.  No, we either completely blew it on our evaluation of his worth and honestly thought nobody would pay anything for him, or maybe the two teams that would give picks for him were Carolina and N.O. or something like that.  Or the story or the leaks just aren't true.  The Price and K2 moves can easily be argued as smart moves, so the cutting of one bubble player with an apparently bad attitude isn't part of a trend of "anger" issues or Dictatorship mentality.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers missed out on a 5th round draft pick for Dezmon Briscoe « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools