Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano's expectations will be met or else « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#45 : July 29, 2012, 02:41:45 AM

kw2 wasnt a has been in 2010.  he is now imo.  not about being fickle, its about being current.  unless of course you believe kw2 is still a force to be reckoned with...
He certainly is a boatload better than Dallas Effin Clark!

I was thinking today, I wouldn't be shocked if that dude did not make the final 53.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#46 : July 29, 2012, 09:46:57 AM

People cannot formulate their own opinions basedon what they observe?  Laughable.

posters should definitely be able to formulate opinions on their observations.  but they should also realize they dont have all the information on the subject.   taking a hardline stance without information is the definition of ignorance.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#47 : July 29, 2012, 09:49:30 AM

People can't seem to differentiate between being OK with trading a player and and cutting him and getting little (Price) or NOTHING in return.

Screw making a point. Hold onto the player through camp and if another team loses a similar player due to injury, you make the trade and get
value.

these are totally different issues to me.  cutting/trading versus keeping a player around who isnt in the future plans just because another team might have an injury later in camp and need a similar player for their roster.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#48 : July 29, 2012, 09:56:39 AM

This... This is a huge concern to us who don't agree with the quick releases and trades of players. **CENSORED** happens in camp and Schiano's ego (argh, argh) led him to a potential disaster.

and this is where i totally disagree.  if its just the cutting/trading issue i agree, we need to get resources in return.

but the HC needs to be able to mold his roster.  if he deems a player isnt in the teams future, then no reason to let him linger.  that would be classless imo.

i do understand a GM forcing a player on a coach and saying, "make it work, we are invested in this guy".  but with a new coach trying to change the culture of a putrid team?  im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

so yes, i think i would that all Buc fans should buy in to Schianos approach.  at the very least until it proves it is the wrong one.  it aint gonna hurt anyone to be a happy fan.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#49 : July 29, 2012, 10:29:17 AM

Whereas I would have liked to see the Bucs get a draft pick for Briscoe especially with the new rookie cap as trades on draft day are much more prevalent now, I get why they jettisoned him so quickly.  The key is issue is not that he missed the voluntary OTAs which is a big deal.  The biggest thing is that he missed the OTAs AND failed the conditioning test which means he was not taking football seriously at all.  A WR should never fail a conditioning test.  Running sprints down the field is what they do all game long. Schiano gave all the players clear expectations of what he wanted them to be able to do on day one of camp and Briscoe ignored it after not participating in the majority of OTAs.

People seem to forget that this team completely quit last year and that was OK with the previous coaching staff.  Schiano is tasked with changing the culture of this team and there will be casualties.  Clear messages are being sent and after losing 10 games in a row and fielding the worse defense in the history of the Bucs, I support it.
: July 29, 2012, 10:33:51 AM Ft Myers Buc Fan

youngone

Hall of Famer
#50 : July 29, 2012, 10:36:17 AM

Whereas I would have liked to see the Bucs get a draft pick for Briscoe especially with the new rookie cap as trades on draft day are much more prevalent now, I get why they jettisoned him so quickly.  The key is issue is not that he missed the voluntary OTAs which is a big deal.  The biggest thing is that he missed the OTAs AND failed the conditioning test which means he was not taking football seriously at all.  A WR should never fail a conditioning test.  Running sprints down the field is what they do all game long. Schiano gave all the players clear expectations of what he wanted them to be able to do on day one of camp and Briscoe ignored it after not participating in the majority of OTAs.

People seem to forget that this team completely quit last year and that was OK with the previous coaching staff.  Schiano is tasked with changing the culture of this team and there will be casualties.  Clear messages are being sent and after losing 10 games in a row and fielding the worse defense in the history of the Bucs, I support it.

^^ that ^^

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#51 : July 29, 2012, 10:42:43 AM

I concur.

A WR failing a conditioning test is a huge deal.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#52 : July 29, 2012, 10:48:41 AM

Schiano doesn't want to waste time and energy on players he knows won't be here in September. Get rid of a distraction before it becomes one and make room for a player who might make the team. Also he has said some players don't fit here might fit elsewhere. Better or more draft picks would be nice, but right now time is the enemy. Moving on as quickly as possible makes sense to me.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#53 : July 29, 2012, 11:25:54 AM

Good. This is what people wanted last year. They are getting it.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#54 : July 29, 2012, 11:32:36 AM

I think its refreshing. Get with it or get lost.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#55 : July 29, 2012, 11:34:49 AM

I do too. Too bad theres people who have to always have something to complain about. Whatevs. Ill enjoy seeing how this team does.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#56 : July 29, 2012, 11:42:05 AM

I do too. Too bad theres people who have to always have something to complain about. Whatevs. Ill enjoy seeing how this team does.
So will I... Based on the shenanigans on the previous regime I don't mind this approach

Piratic

Second String
#57 : July 29, 2012, 11:51:44 AM

Posters should definitely be able to formulate opinions on their observations, but they should also realize they don't have all the information on the subject.
Taking a hardline stance without information is the definition of ignorance.

3SK, would you consider making GameTime's words into a Sticky?

Any effort to reduce the amount of ignorance and arrogance in the world is worth it, and on this board, those characteristics run rampant.   

Now Playing: Lovie 2.0 w/ Speed In Space!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#58 : July 29, 2012, 12:24:02 PM

That's is all fine and dandy, but considering 99 percent of the posters here have ZERO hardline information, most of our guesstimations are exactly that...our guesses on the subject. 

If all we were allowed to observe and formulate opinions on what were based on what is fact, this place would shrivel up and dissapear.  Jesus, it is all in the name of discourse, and some people take themselves waaaaaay too seriously.
: July 29, 2012, 12:29:11 PM Boid Fink

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#59 : July 29, 2012, 12:52:25 PM

Jesus, it is all in the name of discourse, and some people take themselves waaaaaay too seriously.

i think its all in the name of respect, but i realize im in the minority on that one.  this place would be no fun if you couldnt call folks azzhats, clowns, cheeseburgers, liars, classless, and egomaniacs.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano's expectations will be met or else « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools