Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Miller has a good shot to start at nose tackle. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : August 07, 2012, 05:39:39 PM

What do you know? Look who's first on the depth chart at DT......Roy Miller

-------------------------------------------------------------

A lot has changed for Roy Miller in the span of a few months, and thats not a bad thing for the fourth-year defensive tackle from Texas.

Miller has had a topsy-turvy professional career. First he was ordered to put massive amount of weight on to fit into the heinous Jim Bates Experiment, then asked to drop it the following year, and in his third season, he was hurt most of the year.

Miller, who seemed to be a dead man walking the way Bucs rock star general manager Mark Dominik was collecting defensive tackles in the offseason, has been reborn and is now listed atop the depth chart with the first-team defense.

Millers health, or to be clear, his healthy body, seems to have been the difference. That is what he claimed over and over today after practice today at One Buc Palace.

The difference between now and before, No. 1 thing is Im healthy, Miller said. And the scheme has changed, too. Were more of an attack team now. Its hard to see it, but without actually seeing were more of an attack-oriented scheme and Im excited about that. Thats what I did two years ago and I had a pretty good year. So Im looking forward to getting back to that.

The style of play that front seven assistant coach Bryan Cox employs is better suited to Millers skill set, so he claims.

I can play more aggressively and like I said, Im healthy, so Im ready, Im excited, Miller said. Last year was a little different, especially with the offseason, and then I got hurt, and so Im just looking forward to being consistent out here.

JOEBUCSFAN.com
: August 07, 2012, 05:55:40 PM morgan

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 07, 2012, 06:13:49 PM

I have seen Miller play when healthy - here's hoping he will be better than we have seen to date. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 07, 2012, 06:34:23 PM

He is a below average starter in the NFL. The film doesn't lie. I've seen guys that play DE play through worse injuries and still play up to standard.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 07, 2012, 06:40:16 PM

He is a below average starter in the NFL. The film doesn't lie. I've seen guys that play DE play through worse injuries and still play up to standard.

Who?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 07, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Surprised Coach S hasn't picked up on this and moved on to signing some free agents DT and unloaded Miller as bad as posters in this thread think he is.

McCoy93

Starter

#20 : August 07, 2012, 07:17:28 PM

We are in trouble if miller is the starting nose tackle; like hovan high effort guy but gets pushed around too much

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 07, 2012, 07:48:15 PM

Of course Miller has a shot now. Price is no longer around.

Exactly.   

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 07, 2012, 07:55:37 PM

Of course Miller has a shot now. Price is no longer around.

Exactly.

Or is it because Gibson is a Baller!

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 07, 2012, 07:57:03 PM

I don't know Gibson.   Do you have a pic of him?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 07, 2012, 07:57:04 PM

We are in trouble if miller is the starting nose tackle; like hovan high effort guy but gets pushed around too much

He won't get pushed around this year Pre-season will show that. Let him prove what he can do when healthy under better coaching.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 07, 2012, 08:01:31 PM

I don't know Gibson.   Do you have a pic of him?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 07, 2012, 08:15:32 PM

He looks to be in about the same shape as Price.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 07, 2012, 08:19:35 PM

Funny you say that - he's had some aggravated injuries and hasn't been at 100% during camp.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 07, 2012, 08:20:55 PM

Funny you say that - he's had some aggravated injuries and hasn't been at 100% during camp.

But he didn't beat the **CENSORED** out of their #1 draft pick.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#29 : August 07, 2012, 09:35:11 PM

Miller is a bum enough said. If theres anyone i thing schiano cannot turn around and get them to even become a solid player its miller. I mean hes just not that good people. He gets tossed around more then a bag of chips at a party . Even schiano said he doesn't have much  depth at d tackle and miller at best is only depth not a solid starter by any means.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Miller has a good shot to start at nose tackle. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools