Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Miller has a good shot to start at nose tackle. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#75 : August 09, 2012, 10:39:52 AM

What was happening last season was the defensive line for the Bucs was always attacking upfield (big no no) leaving huge gaps the LB's had to defend. 
Whoah whoah whoah. I thought we want to attack with our front 7? Now you're saying the defensive line should not attack?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#76 : August 09, 2012, 10:40:51 AM

I don't think the staff is sold on Miller yet, which is why Gibson/Okoye are in the mix.  Gibson will be Miller's primary competition, but I wouldn't be surprised if they try Okoye out at NT.

What was happening last season was the defensive line for the Bucs was always attacking upfield (big no no) leaving huge gaps the LB's had to defend. 
Whoah whoah whoah. I thought we want to attack with our front 7? Now you're saying the defensive line should not attack?

Actually in passing situations the DL is allowed to pin their ears back.

But Gruden was a big fan of draw plays during third and long situations because of this.  Huge gaps are created when the DL immediately attack upfield, so the idea with the draw play on third and long is to try to catch the defense with their pants down (DL shooting up field leaving gaps while the LB's are way back in coverage and the RB is already at the 2nd level).  Gruden knew that in a third and long situation an interception was very high so he was playing the percentages.

Basically,  Morris' scheme emphasized the DL attacking upfield as if every play was a passing situation.

: August 09, 2012, 10:44:52 AM alldaway

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#77 : August 09, 2012, 02:15:49 PM

Miller is a warm body for camp. Starter? Huh? What? That would be a bad indication of the talent level on the Dline if Miller is starting.
Welcome to the land of 23 sacks...where secondaries get exposed and GMs lose their jobs.

I KNEW we should have went after Mario Williams with ALL THE CHIPS IN!!

I KNEW IT!!

HA HA HA!

I have a feeling pass rush is going to be yet again, a major problem.  As will getting gouged by the power schemes.

You are a very strange individual...

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#78 : August 09, 2012, 02:33:03 PM

Lol - Boid is 'more normal' earlier in the day.    The later it gets....    er, yeah.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#79 : August 09, 2012, 02:40:26 PM

Basically,  Morris' scheme emphasized the DL attacking upfield as if every play was a passing situation.
So Schiano is going to attack less? Boy, we've really been mislead.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#80 : August 09, 2012, 02:42:20 PM

So Schiano is going to attack less? Boy, we've really been mislead.

Learn how to read and stop taking things out of context.

Havok904

Starter

#81 : August 09, 2012, 03:05:58 PM

Here is an example of a poor run defense (poor scheme and tackling technique)

Yep...looks like no one maintained lane discipline...

[

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#82 : August 09, 2012, 06:27:36 PM

Lol - Boid is 'more normal' earlier in the day.    The later it gets....    er, yeah.

I guess this is what happens though when you have no job and you stay up until 4:00 A.M. drinking Red Bulls and trolling a message board . Loss of sanity.
: August 09, 2012, 06:29:30 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#83 : August 09, 2012, 06:37:50 PM

We don't know how the Bucs plan to bring pressure yet.  Do we?  OK, so we attack.  Get that.  But from where?

How much 4-3 base?  3-4 standing up a pass rusher, or 3-3-5 will we see?  Black, Watson and David can all run.

In the 4-3 base, Miller and McCoy will do what's always expected, collapse the middle for the DE's and to disrupt running lanes.

If anyone knows otherwise, I'd love to hear it.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Miller has a good shot to start at nose tackle. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools