Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do we have to do to fix this D-line? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#60 : July 30, 2012, 07:45:30 PM

Also, I think it is interesting that Von Miller, who is pretty much the ideal 4-3 linebacker, is listed at 237lbs.....just 4lbs heavier than Lavonte David. David is 6'1" 233lbs and Miller is 6'3" 237lbs.....but David is undersized? I'm not buying it. Very excited to see David this year. Hope we get good play at DT so this kid can blow up and get RoY.
Well there are reasons Von Miller was the #2 overall pick in the draft and Lavonte David was #58 (by a GM known to reach in the mid rounds). Miller was unbelievably more productive rushing the passer in college. He had 17 sacks as a junior and then while playing injured as a senior had 10.5. The most David ever had in his two years of D-1 play was 6. Miller is also much faster running a 4.42 40 at the Combine to David 4.65.

Why did you quote me like you are responding to my post? I pointed out that Miller is just a hair bigger than David, but David is considered undersized while Miller is not......and you post a bunch of nonsense that has absolutely nothing to do with that. wth?

Personal dig at Dominic. Check.

Bringing up 40 times. Check.

Being down on Bucs player. Check.

You are becoming all too predictable FRG.
: July 30, 2012, 07:47:58 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#61 : July 30, 2012, 07:56:21 PM

Guess he ain't "Feeling Real Good", lately.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#62 : July 31, 2012, 06:31:45 PM

David apparently has a new nickname    Flash   Given to him by his teammates   

I sure hope the new scheme increases our dlines productivity because I'm not real confident in the overall talent level at the moment   

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#63 : August 01, 2012, 07:47:24 AM

Where'd you hear the flash nickname?

Draft Aaron Donald

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#64 : August 01, 2012, 08:01:10 AM

Star Lotulelei or Johnathon Hankins might help fix this line.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#65 : August 01, 2012, 08:04:56 AM

Ira's twitter - http://www.bucsnation.com/section/news

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#66 : August 01, 2012, 11:11:16 AM

Ira's twitter - http://www.bucsnation.com/section/news

Ya I have heard it thrown around in a couple articles.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#67 : August 01, 2012, 01:23:56 PM

I agree. Good thing about them both is that their not pass rushing DT's. So if they have a great season, we will be in the mix for one or the other. Run stuffing DT's never go high in the draft. I'd pair Star Lotulelei with McCoy in a heartbeat.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#68 : August 01, 2012, 01:42:42 PM

I agree. Good thing about them both is that their not pass rushing DT's. So if they have a great season, we will be in the mix for one or the other. Run stuffing DT's never go high in the draft. I'd pair Star Lotulelei with McCoy in a heartbeat.

Big space fillers that know how to eat blocks and bring down ball carriers. I can't think of our last real dominant NT. Booger flashed but never became what we hoped. It would be a tough call with both Amerson and Lotuleli on the board.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#69 : August 01, 2012, 03:18:05 PM

Big space fillers that know how to eat blocks and bring down ball carriers. I can't think of our last real dominant NT. Booger flashed but never became what we hoped. It would be a tough call with both Amerson and Lotuleli on the board.
Booger was the reason why we dumped Sapp. McFatass was such a disappointment. We never really had a "dominant NT" that can control the L.O.S by brute strength and hold up at the point of attack but getting a guy like that would help the linebackers in a big way.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do we have to do to fix this D-line? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools