Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 98.7 The Fan « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#60 : August 31, 2012, 02:19:40 PM

Tkras seems like a nice guy, but his show was terrible in my opinion.  For one thing, I don't want to hear a local sports guy spend half the day talking about his favorite NY sports teams.  And all I ever heard JP do was piss and moan about whichever team was either struggling or wouldn't give him the interview he wanted.

Tkras, is a New Yorker (which I don't hold against him). But his show was always one where I felt like I was listening to a buddy of mine talk and not a person just make uninformed claims about a team to get people to call in (Big Dog, Ron & Ian and The Sports Babe). Tkras, the last couple of times I've heard his host a show solo really doesn't mention his favorite teams in NY. I've spoken to him a few times in person, and he wants the local teams to succeed.

Completely agree about JP, backhanded compliments towards to local teams got old really quickly. Didn't like him when he was on tv, didn't like him on the radio either.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#61 : August 31, 2012, 11:22:16 PM

bobby fenton filled in on 620 today.  does he have a show currently?  wish someone would give him a good timeslot.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#62 : September 01, 2012, 07:21:41 PM

Good thought, but no content...........they're as clueless as us...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#63 : September 01, 2012, 10:39:29 PM

Todd Wright, the Commish and the guy that is on the morning with Dinger seem to have a clue, but they are paired with idiots and seem to feel obliged to try and get the idiots involved which kills the show.  Dinger actually makes me laugh some, but I haven't heard him bring anything to the table really.   Haven't listened that much I must admit though.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#64 : September 02, 2012, 08:11:26 AM

Todd Wright, the Commish and the guy that is on the morning with Dinger seem to have a clue, but they are paired with idiots and seem to feel obliged to try and get the idiots involved which kills the show.  Dinger actually makes me laugh some, but I haven't heard him bring anything to the table really.   Haven't listened that much I must admit though.

That is the format on purpose . Kind of like a play-by-play guy and a color guy when you watch a game broadcast , that is how the Fan's shows are set up also.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#65 : September 02, 2012, 12:01:32 PM

So they purposely put a solid guy with an idiot?    The idiots are bringing down the shows imo.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#66 : September 02, 2012, 05:15:11 PM

So they purposely put a solid guy with an idiot?    The idiots are bringing down the shows imo.

No,  they put a guy who's a professional broadcaster with a guy who adds specific sports insight and personality. The "idiot" part is your personal opinion.

I think guy's like Booger and Dinger and Shelton have some interesting thoughts , and can be funny at times.  2 of those guys have actually PLAYED professional sports , and was a sports columnist since before some of us were born , so I'm not sure why you consider them less knowlwdgable than the clown who's done nothing but go to school for broadcasting. LOL

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#67 : September 02, 2012, 05:42:29 PM

PLAYING and writing doesn't make you more knowledgable than anyone.    I have found dinger to be somewhat entertaining in limited time listening to that show, but overall those three guys have sounded like idiots and brought the shows down so far imo.  Maybe their superior intellect is being lost in the presentation.    We'll have to give them some more time.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#68 : September 02, 2012, 05:53:05 PM

the problem i have with shelton is his snarky attitude.  one doesnt have to be a homer to be a local radio host, but imo they should be a fan rather than taking shots at the team whenever possible.  they should encourage fans, not discourage them.  booger is just an idiot imo, who is waaaaay too full of himself considering his career.  and none of the shows focus enough on the Bucs for me.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#69 : September 02, 2012, 08:33:45 PM

On a side note, I can't stand that USF is connected with brighthouse.  Makes no sense to me that they would limit themselves to much in their TV deal.

They no longer are. BHSN dropped them to focus more on high school sports. The relationship wasn't the best but it was better than nothing, which is the current situation ...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#70 : September 02, 2012, 08:43:08 PM

didn't realize they had been dropped, but now that you mention there was no signage at the game the other night.   It was nothing to me and the athletic department needs to get their act together so they have a local tv outlet.   Although now the games won't be blacked out on ESPN 3 since there is no local tv so that is a plus for me.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#71 : September 04, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Can someone give Gary Shelton a sandwich so he stops ruining the Commish's show? If he's eating maybe he'll stop talking...

Formerly known as T

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#72 : September 04, 2012, 03:17:08 PM

I gave the channel a couple of weeks and don't listen anymore except occasionally when MC might be on (hit or miss on that). I've returned to WDAE for the most part and when Rome is on, then Rush Limbaugh for some laughs. Occasionally those two new guys on ESPN in the afternoon.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#73 : September 04, 2012, 05:30:06 PM

I gave the channel a couple of weeks and don't listen anymore except occasionally when MC might be on (hit or miss on that). I've returned to WDAE for the most part and when Rome is on, then Rush Limbaugh for some laughs. Occasionally those two new guys on ESPN in the afternoon.

I can't stand Rome, all he talks about is West Coast bias. And his long pauses are very annoying. I really don't have one station I'm a dedicated listener to. I jump around, in the morning on the way to work I like listening to Mike & Mike, although a National Show they re pretty entertaining and knowledgable. Drive home from work I listen to 98.7 as the Big Dog is a joke with his gambling, golf and horse racing talk. The ESPN guys who seem to change on a daily basis I don't even bother listening to in the afternoon as they change host too much. Seems like since Tkras left 1040 they went downhill big time.

Formerly known as T

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#74 : October 01, 2012, 02:05:55 PM

Looks like the Todd Wright - McFarland show didn't work out. They've already made a change in that line-up.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 98.7 The Fan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools