Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Martin drops the ball..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
: August 01, 2012, 08:28:45 PM

Twice today he put the ball on the ground. Just last week he was announced the "Starter" by local and national media. I wonder if this changes any minds? I guess I'm just surprised that it isn't being discussed considering how polarizing our RB duo has become.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 01, 2012, 08:38:13 PM

YIKES.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 01, 2012, 08:40:39 PM

Time to trade him for a 7th round pick and bring back Derrick Ward from retirement.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 01, 2012, 08:40:53 PM

OMG!!! NO!!! Jeez. I wish it was regular season.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 01, 2012, 08:47:10 PM

He still looked very explosive running the ball.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 01, 2012, 08:58:33 PM

Of course he does.. his game is built on quicks and he running thru arm tackles. Blount is built on dragging **CENSORED**s..... that doesn't show up in practice.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#6 : August 01, 2012, 08:59:55 PM

Of course he does.. his game is built on quicks and he running thru arm tackles. Blount is built on dragging **CENSORED**s..... that doesn't show up in practice.

^This! Exactly. Of course he is going to look explosive lol

Thanks for the sig Java!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 01, 2012, 09:07:30 PM

It's good Schiano is putting such a high priority on NOT losing the football. Get that planted in their heads NOW is better than after the season starts. Maybe we'll start seeing more of Blount for a while...

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 01, 2012, 09:11:28 PM

Cut him.

shadowhawk2020

Rookie

#9 : August 01, 2012, 09:29:27 PM

According to this: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/then-and-now-five-tampa-bay-buccaneers-need-a-turnaround/1241602

Blount has trouble showing up to practice.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 01, 2012, 09:32:42 PM

He hasn't so far, under this new regime, has he Shadowhawk?

I KNEW someone would come in an try to crap on Blount.  It is really strange how people can do this...

Lord knows if Blount had those two fumbles, Doloris and company would be waving their tomfoolery flags, singing their praises of his failures.  At this point, it is like Doloris is rooting for Blount to fail.  And so are guys like Pac.

Just a head scratcher to me.  Arguing over what holes to dive through, when there never is any for Blount.  Wondering why his numbers dropped last year, when EVERYONE stunk.  Worrying about his fumbles, when they usually occur when he is dragging guys by the group...

Just...stupid.  Haterade flows freely in their water bottles.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 01, 2012, 09:33:10 PM

Good point. It's also why trading Blount is well beyond risky. What are we going to do, trade away a big, bruising back that fumbles, and start a smaller, quicker back that fumbles?

I also have to remind folks, Boise didn't play too many teams with "great" defenses. I'd rather Schiano make sure Martin is the guy, rather than guesstimate and be a "running team" without any good rbs because of injury/fumbles.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 01, 2012, 09:38:39 PM

"Dragging **CENSORED**s" should be one of the slogans being pushed by bucs.com....much better than "defend the bay" or "the battle begins"

Hell...but a Blount pic of the packers game on one of the giant boards outside of RJS with the words "dragging **CENSORED**s". That would redefine the word epic.

shadowhawk2020

Rookie

#13 : August 01, 2012, 09:40:51 PM

He hasn't so far, under this new regime, has he Shadowhawk?

I KNEW someone would come in an try to crap on Blount.  It is really strange how people can do this...

Lord knows if Blount had those two fumbles, Doloris and company would be waving their tomfoolery flags, singing their praises of his failures.  At this point, it is like Doloris is rooting for Blount to fail.  And so are guys like Pac.

Just a head scratcher to me.  Arguing over what holes to dive through, when there never is any for Blount.  Wondering why his numbers dropped last year, when EVERYONE stunk.  Worrying about his fumbles, when they usually occur when he is dragging guys by the group...

Just...stupid.  Haterade flows freely in their water bottles.

I hope the guy changes his ways and returns to form.  Having a possible 1-2 punch in this league goes a long way. 

But reading that an undrafted running back can't show up to practice on time to the point where the team has to hire a driver is not promising.  It is as much a knock against our old coaching staff as it is Blount.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 01, 2012, 09:44:01 PM

Old news brah.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Martin drops the ball..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools