Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Martin drops the ball..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

NittanyBuc

Starter

#15 : August 01, 2012, 09:47:47 PM

Put him on waivers and move the franchise to Los Angeles

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 01, 2012, 09:48:15 PM

He hasn't so far, under this new regime, has he Shadowhawk?

I KNEW someone would come in an try to crap on Blount.  It is really strange how people can do this...

Lord knows if Blount had those two fumbles, Doloris and company would be waving their tomfoolery flags, singing their praises of his failures.  At this point, it is like Doloris is rooting for Blount to fail.  And so are guys like Pac.

Just a head scratcher to me.  Arguing over what holes to dive through, when there never is any for Blount.  Wondering why his numbers dropped last year, when EVERYONE stunk.  Worrying about his fumbles, when they usually occur when he is dragging guys by the group...

Just...stupid.  Haterade flows freely in their water bottles.

I hope the guy changes his ways and returns to form.  Having a possible 1-2 punch in this league goes a long way. 

But reading that an undrafted running back can't show up to practice on time to the point where the team has to hire a driver is not promising.  It is as much a knock against our old coaching staff as it is Blount.

Problem is, the guy was probably the "bright" spot on offense besides the kickers....And that's with him sitting and LOLson's horrible playcalls.

It's like they're making any excuse to push him away, and yet it always comes back to bite them.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 01, 2012, 09:51:43 PM

The point was not to knock Martin, but to highlight the importance of both. I saw so many comments about trading Blount it was comical.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 01, 2012, 09:53:05 PM

He still looked very explosive running the ball.

Of course he does.. his game is built on quicks and he running thru arm tackles. Blount is built on dragging **CENSORED**s..... that doesn't show up in practice.

According to this: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/then-and-now-five-tampa-bay-buccaneers-need-a-turnaround/1241602

Blount has trouble showing up to practice.

WTF..... is this Rip Van Winkle??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 01, 2012, 09:53:34 PM

HA HA HA @ Rip Van Winkle...

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 01, 2012, 09:56:39 PM

HA HA HA @ Rip Van Winkle...

Dude is posting a link as if he's bringing something fresh to the table. That meal has been eaten, disgested, and converted to feces.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

shadowhawk2020

Rookie

#21 : August 01, 2012, 10:08:47 PM

I would be dumb to trade Blount.   Two good running  backs are better than one.  But I also don't think Blount will survive here unless he makes MAJOR changes in work ethic.  So far so good. 

shadowhawk2020

Rookie

#22 : August 01, 2012, 10:11:59 PM

I would be dumb to trade Blount.   Two good running  backs are better than one.  But I also don't think Blount will survive here unless he makes MAJOR changes in work ethic.  So far so good.

I know it's not new,  but it it seemed to fit your "Blount isn't good in practice" so I went with it.

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#23 : August 01, 2012, 10:17:55 PM

Put him on waivers and move the franchise to Los Angeles

England, newb. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 01, 2012, 10:31:38 PM

I'm not rooting for Blount to fail. The Blount Smokers can't handle any criticism or truth on the matter, however. Blount has proven himself to be an untrustworthy moron off the field and a flawed one-dimensional player on it. Facts.

Martin is the better all-around player and is going to start , Blount is going to be a change of pace and closer ( if he doesn't screw it up and miss a wake-up call 1st ).
: August 01, 2012, 10:33:33 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 01, 2012, 10:39:55 PM

Your crystal ball ball is so precise!

Go Trent!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 01, 2012, 10:51:46 PM

I'm not rooting for Blount to fail. The Blount Smokers can't handle any criticism or truth on the matter, however. Blount has proven himself to be an untrustworthy moron off the field and a flawed one-dimensional player on it. Facts.

Martin is the better all-around player and is going to start , Blount is going to be a change of pace and closer ( if he doesn't screw it up and miss a wake-up call 1st ).

I guess I could agree with all of that if it weren't for one minor detail.

We don't honestly know if Hamster can handle a whole season without injury, let alone be productive in the NFL.

We at least know Blount has one dimension. We don't even know if Martin can stay healthy (which has been the Bucs MO).

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 01, 2012, 11:13:30 PM

MuscleBlountster is gonna be a hell of a tandem!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 01, 2012, 11:43:56 PM

I KNEW someone would come in an try to crap on Blount.  It is really strange how people can do this...

Lord knows if Blount had those two fumbles, Doloris and company would be waving their tomfoolery flags, singing their praises of his failures.  At this point, it is like Doloris is rooting for Blount to fail.  And so are guys like Pac.

Just a head scratcher to me.  Arguing over what holes to dive through, when there never is any for Blount.  Wondering why his numbers dropped last year, when EVERYONE stunk.  Worrying about his fumbles, when they usually occur when he is dragging guys by the group...

Personally if you take into consideration how many games he missed last year due to the knee injury and how many games he got very little touches...I think his numbers were right on par as far as YPC and Yards...Dude missed 3-4 games and still managed over 700yds and in some of those like stated above, he was limited in touches. Dude is one of the best backs in the league, yet people automatically hate on the guy because of him being human(heaven forbid) and losing his cool for about 20 mins 4 years ago. With Nicks on the roster and the turnstile that was Jeff Faine gone at center. You'll see his numbers go up drastically, IF he is used like he should be.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 01, 2012, 11:45:27 PM

Personally if you take into consideration how many games he missed last year due to the knee injury and how many games he got very little touches...I think his numbers were right on par as far as YPC and Yards...Dude missed 3-4 games and still managed over 700yds and in some of those like stated above, he was limited in touches. Dude is one of the best backs in the league, yet people automatically hate on the guy because of him human and losing his cool for about 20 mins 4 years ago. With Nicks on the roster and the turnstile that was Jeff Faine gone at center. You'll see his numbers go up drastically, IF he is used like he should be.
And IF the games are close.  Last year, for vast stretches, the run game was a mere afterthought.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Martin drops the ball..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools