Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Martin drops the ball..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 01, 2012, 11:46:55 PM

He still looked very explosive running the ball.

Of course he does.. his game is built on quicks and he running thru arm tackles. Blount is built on dragging **CENSORED**s..... that doesn't show up in practice.

"Dragging **CENSORED**s" should be one of the slogans being pushed by bucs.com....much better than "defend the bay" or "the battle begins"

Hell...but a Blount pic of the packers game on one of the giant boards outside of RJS with the words "dragging **CENSORED**s". That would redefine the word epic.

LOL

I like it too.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 02, 2012, 02:55:32 AM

He still looked very explosive running the ball.

Of course he does.. his game is built on quicks and he running thru arm tackles. Blount is built on dragging **CENSORED**s..... that doesn't show up in practice.

Careful, any more logical statements and youre gonna be labelled a "Blount homer".

gone

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 02, 2012, 03:08:33 AM

He hasn't so far, under this new regime, has he Shadowhawk?

I KNEW someone would come in an try to crap on Blount.  It is really strange how people can do this...

Lord knows if Blount had those two fumbles, Doloris and company would be waving their tomfoolery flags, singing their praises of his failures.  At this point, it is like Doloris is rooting for Blount to fail.  And so are guys like Pac.

Just a head scratcher to me.  Arguing over what holes to dive through, when there never is any for Blount.  Wondering why his numbers dropped last year, when EVERYONE stunk.  Worrying about his fumbles, when they usually occur when he is dragging guys by the group...

Just...stupid.  Haterade flows freely in their water bottles.

Personally if you take into consideration how many games he missed last year due to the knee injury and how many games he got very little touches...I think his numbers were right on par as far as YPC and Yards...Dude missed 3-4 games and still managed over 700yds and in some of those like stated above, he was limited in touches. Dude is one of the best backs in the league, yet people automatically hate on the guy because of him human and losing his cool for about 20 mins 4 years ago. With Nicks on the roster and the turnstile that was Jeff Faine gone at center. You'll see his numbers go up drastically, IF he is used like he should be.
And IF the games are close.  Last year, for vast stretches, the run game was a mere afterthought.

Gonna crap on your "IF" here Boid, but even if those games weren't close there STILL should have been a better balance in RvP.

People keep saying to this day "Blount makes our O predictable" because he cant pass pro.  Even assuming he can't, all you have to do i keep him in and let the other guy run fit and then pass on them and predictability is gone -- which is why Olson was the fail here, not LGB

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#33 : August 02, 2012, 06:12:26 AM

Twice today he put the ball on the ground. Just last week he was announced the "Starter" by local and national media. I wonder if this changes any minds? I guess I'm just surprised that it isn't being discussed considering how polarizing our RB duo has become.

Guess what. V-Jax dropped several balls yesterday as well. Panic time.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 02, 2012, 07:39:26 AM

Twice today he put the ball on the ground. Just last week he was announced the "Starter" by local and national media. I wonder if this changes any minds? I guess I'm just surprised that it isn't being discussed considering how polarizing our RB duo has become.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 02, 2012, 07:45:31 AM

Just curious....who is reporting that he had two fumbles? Is it just word of mouth from a guy who was at camp? Or was it actually reported my a local beat reporter? Not that it is huge news anyways, but before this subject accumulated 20 pages...it would be nice to know if it's even legit. Link?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 02, 2012, 07:58:56 AM

I was at most of the practice and only saw one where Coach S and Byner took him aside for a 2-3 minute face-to-face.

I didn't see any other. I've read elsewhere that there was only one fumble. This thread is the first were I've read TWO.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 02, 2012, 08:05:57 AM

I was at most of the practice and only saw one where Coach S and Byner took him aside for a 2-3 minute face-to-face.

I didn't see any other. I've read elsewhere that there was only one fumble. This thread is the first were I've read TWO.

* Doug Martin had better days. He twice put the ball on the ground, the second time timeout was called and Bucs coach Greg Schiano gave the offense a stern lecture.

source: http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=70278

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#38 : August 02, 2012, 08:08:45 AM

This argument kinda reminds me of back in the hay day when we had a little problem called WD/40.

I love it!!You people talking about trading Blount need to lay it down.

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 02, 2012, 08:15:57 AM

This argument kinda reminds me of back in the hay day when we had a little problem called WD/40.

I love it!!You people talking about trading Blount need to lay it down.

Go back to your bath salts. No one is talking trading Blount. The team needs depth at the position.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 02, 2012, 08:16:46 AM

* Doug Martin had better days. He twice put the ball on the ground, the second time timeout was called and Bucs coach Greg Schiano gave the offense a stern lecture.

source: http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=70278

Missed that one. JBF doesn't get much respect on this site, but I trust him/them most of the time.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 02, 2012, 08:24:27 AM

BUST!!!!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 02, 2012, 09:00:31 AM

How many people actually want Blount gone? Two or three, maybe? They sure are traumatising you girls with their nonconformist opinions.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 02, 2012, 10:04:23 AM

To call me a Blount hater is just laughable.  The Blount homers are the peple that don't like to realize the facts about the guy and make EXCUSE after EXCUSE for an AVERAGE RB!!  Please tell me what makes me a hater about the following FACTS about Blount:

Non-Football Related:
1)  Suspended for cheap shot in college
2)  Released by Titans after throwing punch in practice
3)  Had to have a taxi wake him up and drive him to practice
4)  Fell asleep in team meetings

Football Related:
1)  Slow at hitting the hole
2)  Lacks pass catching ability
4)  Lacks break-away speed
5)  Lacks pass protection
6)  Fumbles the football

Lets hear the EXCUSES....the guy is an average back, Brandon Jacobs like.  He's a solid backup RB!!

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#44 : August 02, 2012, 10:38:47 AM

To call me a Blount hater is just laughable.  The Blount homers are the peple that don't like to realize the facts about the guy and make EXCUSE after EXCUSE for an AVERAGE RB!!  Please tell me what makes me a hater about the following FACTS about Blount:

Non-Football Related:
1)  Suspended for cheap shot in college
2)  Released by Titans after throwing punch in practice
3)  Had to have a taxi wake him up and drive him to practice
4)  Fell asleep in team meetings

Football Related:
1)  Slow at hitting the hole
2)  Lacks pass catching ability
4)  Lacks break-away speed
5)  Lacks pass protection
6)  Fumbles the football

Lets hear the EXCUSES....the guy is an average back, Brandon Jacobs like.  He's a solid backup RB!!

Im not a huge Blount supporter, but I think its too early to tell if Blount can pass block or function as a receiver, He hasnt really had the opportunity. Also....Blount wasnt cut in Tennessee for the punch he threw, they were trying to sneak him on the practice squad and we scooped him up.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Martin drops the ball..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools