Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Andy Reid's son found dead at Eagles camp « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

: August 05, 2012, 10:09:41 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000046288/article/andy-reid-absent-from-philadelphia-eagles-practice

Andy Reid's son, Garrett, found dead at Eagles camp

By Brian McIntyre NFL.com
    Around the League writer
    Published: Aug. 5, 2012 at 09:21 a.m.
    Updated: Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:03 a.m.

Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid was absent from the start of the Eagles' walkthrough practice at Lehigh University on Sunday morning, Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
Play fantasy football on NFL.com
Why play fantasy football anywhere else? This season, GO LEGIT with the official free fantasy football game of the NFL.

According to the Eagles, Reid absence was due to a "personal issue".

In a press conference following the walkthrough, Eagles general manager Howie Roseman announced that Reid's son, Garrett Reid, had been found dead in his room at Lehigh University.

"He's been strong for us, we're going to be strong for him right now," Roseman said before turning the press conference over to Lehigh University's Chief of Police, who said there was no evidence of foul play.

An investigation by the coroner's office is underway.

McLane noted this morning that the last time Reid was believed to have missed a practice was when he was attending a court date for Garrett, who had been arrested on drug and weapons charges.

We extend our deepest condolences to the Reid family and all members of the Philadelphia Eagles organization.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#1 : August 05, 2012, 10:26:55 AM

This is easily a parent's worst nightmare.  Heartfelt sympathy for the Reid's.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2 : August 05, 2012, 10:28:05 AM

Sad news. Same son had drug issues a few yrs ago, if I recall....
------------------------------------------------------
A judge who sentenced Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid's sons to jail on Thursday likened the coach's home to "a drug emporium" and questioned whether his adult sons should live there.

"There isn't any structure there that this court can depend upon," Montgomery County Judge Steven O'Neill said before sentencing 22-year-old Britt Reid to up to 23 months in jail plus probation.

"I'm saying this is a family in crisis," O'Neill said.

Earlier Thursday, O'Neill sentenced 24-year-old Garrett Reid, a drug addict and dealer who said he got a thrill out of selling drugs in "the 'hood," to up to 23 months in jail for smashing into another motorist's car while high on heroin.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-400_162-3442906.html

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 05, 2012, 10:34:29 AM

Earlier Thursday, O'Neill sentenced 24-year-old Garrett Reid, a drug addict and dealer who said he got a thrill out of selling drugs in "the 'hood," to up to 23 months in jail for smashing into another motorist's car while high on heroin.

Now who are the Eagles players gonna get their drugs from?

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#4 : August 05, 2012, 10:38:19 AM

Classless post of the year right here.

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

The Joker

Rookie

#5 : August 05, 2012, 10:38:59 AM

Grow the hell up.  This is an absolute tragedy.  Regardless of your feelings for The Eagles show some class.  I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to be in Andy Reid's shoes right now.  He just lost his son and is in a job that doesn't really allow for time off right now. 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 05, 2012, 10:41:53 AM

Did you miss out on your bath salts today?

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#7 : August 05, 2012, 10:44:51 AM

Did you miss out on your bath salts today?

Bath Salts have nothing to do with poking fun at a dead drug addict...

Come on man.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 05, 2012, 10:44:52 AM

This is an absolute tragedy.   

I'm pretty sure Reid isn't reading the PR.com message board this morning.

Tragedy? Maybe so. The guy has a drug problem and had all the help in the world to fix his problem. I'm not sure how he died, but you can't rule out a drug OD yet but based on his history, that's not a stretch.

A tragedy? Not in my book. A tragedy is the almost daily news of a 20-yr olds dying in Afghanistan or young kids dying of cancer. This guy sounds like he's had a lot of chances.

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#9 : August 05, 2012, 10:49:17 AM

Tragedy? Maybe so. The guy has a drug problem and had all the help in the world to fix his problem. I'm not sure how he died, but you can't rule out a drug OD yet but based on his history, that's not a stretch.

A tragedy? Not in my book. A tragedy is the almost daily news of a 20-yr olds dying in Afghanistan or young kids dying of cancer. This guy sounds like he's had a lot of chances.

So you're saying the kid deserved to die because he was a drug addict?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 05, 2012, 10:50:58 AM

Not trying to be rude here, but is this becoming a common theme?

If this comes out as another overdose/drug related death, should the NFL do more to intervene, or is it more of a parental issue that should be dealt with in-house?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 05, 2012, 10:52:38 AM

"YES!!!! I WON THE OFFICE POOL!!!!!!"

i guessed there'd be over 20,000 at RayJay for Saturday Night's outing

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 05, 2012, 10:58:07 AM

So you're saying the kid deserved to die because he was a drug addict?

Holy crap! You sure do take some long leaps in your logic. Where did I say he deserved to die? BTW, we all will die. Some quicker than others because they decide to smoke, drive fast, use drugs. Not all losses are tragic.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 05, 2012, 11:00:25 AM

"YES!!!! I WON THE OFFICE POOL!!!!!!"

i guessed there'd be over 20,000 at RayJay for Saturday Night's outing

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 05, 2012, 11:04:58 AM

Who laughs about someone's child dying? 

Some of y'all are idiots - Karma is a biotch-feeling sorry for your kids already. 

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Andy Reid's son found dead at Eagles camp « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools