Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why is racism being tolerated on this forum? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 24

sandogbuc

Second String

: August 05, 2012, 05:02:49 PM

I rarely post but I am a Bucs fan on the West Coast and I like coming here to read good or bad what fellow Buc fans are saying about our team but how much longer are the moderators going to allow JavaRay to pollute this forum?

After seeing his latest signature I've had enough and Im sure the vast majority of posters agree with me.

He/she is bringing nothing to any conversations on this forum expect constantly trying to stir the pot and making offhand racist comments.

Moderators please do something

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 05, 2012, 05:05:09 PM

They aren't going to do jack squizz.  Java skirts by, and the mods tolerate his nonsense because they think it drives traffic inward, which is nonsense.

All it does is take away from "LOGICAL" banter.  Hell, at least when Doloris and I argue over things, it is about our differences in FOOTBALL philosophy.  Java just posts trash, and often does so with racist undertones just tbecause it is a sure fire way to inspire attention of some sort.  HATE that.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 05, 2012, 05:08:08 PM

He offers ZERO to any discussion of football. Whether his viewpoints on football are valid would never be known since he doesnt post about the game. His posts are simply troll posts to stir **CENSORED** up. The owners/mods of this board must like it... only explanation I can think of. His passive racist posts are simply to cause **CENSORED** just as Fink stated. Its pathetic.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 05, 2012, 05:09:02 PM

I rarely post but I am a Bucs fan on the West Coast and I like coming here to read good or bad what fellow Buc fans are saying about our team but how much longer are the moderators going to allow JavaRay to pollute this forum?

After seeing his latest signature I've had enough and Im sure the vast majority of posters agree with me.

He/she is bringing nothing to any conversations on this forum expect constantly trying to stir the pot and making offhand racist comments.

Moderators please do something

Maybe if you were a subscriber, they'd listen to you.

No they wouldnt.. they NEVER do. Insider opinions dont seem to mean anything on this issue.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 05, 2012, 05:10:17 PM

They really need to ban him, his attitude has gone from pathetically laughable to just flat out stale and anti-constructive.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 05, 2012, 05:12:49 PM

Freeman running for his life from a Miami defender is racist?

Im not sure why that is racist either but that has nothing to do with how bad Java sucks at life.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 05, 2012, 05:12:55 PM

wont do a thing.....insider or not. FACT.

Java has undertones of nearly every minority group in his posts. He makes references to race, sexual preference, and so many other things with negative connotations and nothing is/has ever been done.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

sandogbuc

Second String

#7 : August 05, 2012, 05:18:45 PM

Freeman running for his life from a Miami defender is racist?

as an African American and knowing the content of the poster, yes it's racist. By giving Freeman a bugged eyed look as he runs for his life, it harkens back to stereotypes from the early to mid 1900's.

Again, just another way this guy tries to stir the pot by being offensive and get a rise out of everyone.

P.S. I am a subscriber but that username is a my real name and I dont like posting using it.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 05, 2012, 05:23:33 PM

Trust me guys...i'd be more than happy to mod the place.

It's not how conventional forums are run to have a lack of structure like this. EVERY forum has a rule system in place and it shows unprofessional behavior when you cannot see to it they are upheld. We NEED moderation and that is a fact.

Ask yourself, where has PRP been? I'll tell you where: AWAY FROM HERE.

Things need to change, and I've been trying to contact the owners about it. 

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 05, 2012, 05:32:43 PM

I need to know specific posts. I try to focus on just writing and covering the teams. I am not ignoring it, but patrolling the boards is a low priority for me.Obviously I scan the Insider board several times a day, mainly for questions from our readers, as they pay for the service. The red board I just dont have time to deal with the volume of content. Is that a valid reason? Probably not and we should be focused more on keeping an eye on it.

I can assure everyone there is no conspiracy to allow certain people to post to drive up "hits." The data we use for sales comes from story views if I am not mistaken. I'm not sure that message board hits are tallied. I could be wrong, but nonetheless allowing people to post because it drives people to the boards is not anything we would do.

The bottom line is we don't have time to monitor every post on the red board.

If there is blatant racism happening private message us, particularly TSK, with the post itself.

Again I'm not making excuses, we should be better at identifying posts that go against our guidelines. But lets us know the specifics and I will see what the proper procedure is to take action.

MC

sandogbuc

Second String

#10 : August 05, 2012, 05:37:01 PM

MC,

a quick scan of JavaRays posts bear fruit that he is here to get a rise out of fellow posters by constantly derailing topics and making offhand sexual & racial comments.

I will be more than happy to send PM's pointing this out in the future

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 05, 2012, 05:40:48 PM

Thanks Sandogbuc.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 05, 2012, 05:41:54 PM

ahhhh, yes. "Blatant" should be in the rules. Tons of undertones must not be blatant. This hasnt been an issue 500 times.

Im pretty sure a sites hit count is based on the number of people coming to the site, not specific pages. Intentional or not, racially/sexually obnoxious posts on forums cause more people to frequent the forums and this site.

I respect you and your opinions MC, but its been brought to PRs attention a ridiculous amount of times and nothing has been done. Either PR doesnt care, or they are benefiting in the form of hits and advertising dollars. Those are the only two logical options I can figure. If someone could enlighten me to a different logic, Id welcome it.

I didnt mean to use the word blatant negatively by the way. Any form of racism shouldn't be tolerated. Give me an off day today guys and I will get with SR this week to see how we can come up with a solution.
: August 05, 2012, 05:45:34 PM PewterReportMC

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 05, 2012, 05:42:02 PM

Java isn't going to be banned because he's a master at skirting the rules with mostly implications and making himself generally a nuisance in virtuatlly any thread he shows up in. Chances are nobody at PR is going to have the patience to go through every thread he's in to get an idea of what anyone is talking about and trying to decide whether it's banable or not. There is an ignore button and if you choose to engage him then it is the posters fault for doing so if they are then going on and complaining about it.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 05, 2012, 05:43:48 PM

actually, I believe Java has been banned before but he just uses a different IP adress and creates a new name.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why is racism being tolerated on this forum? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools