Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why is racism being tolerated on this forum? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 24

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 05, 2012, 05:45:32 PM

Seriously Mark, just sort through JavaRay's post...

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 05, 2012, 05:48:27 PM

Yes, he HAS been banned under his JDog account. PRP gave him a last chance under his JavaRay account when he couldn't reactivate the old one (which would have one strike left.) But PRPatrol disappeared from here and he's been allowed to carry on as he was with no consequence.

By that pattern, he shoud have been banned ages ago.

Hope MC reads that!!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 05, 2012, 05:48:34 PM

Just so it's clear, Java is far from the only one here who has made racist slanted comments. In fact, if the forums rules were actually imposed as written, I can think of at least a dozen people who would no longer be posting.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 05, 2012, 05:50:22 PM

I can reccomend others as well, but Java is BY FAR the biggest issue we have.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 05, 2012, 05:52:22 PM

Just so it's clear, Java is far from the only one here who has made racist slanted comments. In fact, if the forums rules were actually imposed as written, I can think of at least a dozen people who would no longer be posting.

this is true to an extent, but how many people can you name that ever done it even close to the extent of java? How many people would simply get a warning and be done with it? I cant really think of maybe a couple people, and even then I think with any sort of moderating wouldnt be an issue. Most are here to talk Bucs football and sometimes someone will slip or get heated, it happens. Most would apologize or fall in line with a warning. Those that dont, really dont need to be here.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 05, 2012, 05:52:49 PM

I just want my delete user function  as an member here for 8 plus years.

If I delete them ...  They don't exist in quotes responses...  Anything.   Never to grace "my PI" again.

So simple.   

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 05, 2012, 05:54:47 PM

I just want my delete user function  as an member here for 8 plus years.

If I delete them ...  They don't exist in quotes responses...  Anything.   Never to grace "my PI" again.

So simple.

a great solution as long as you can do it for more than 1 person. I know when the ignore feature came out, it would only work for one user per person. You couldnt ignore more than one person at a time(and you still see them when they quoted).

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 05, 2012, 05:59:21 PM

this is true to an extent, but how many people can you name that ever done it even close to the extent of java? How many people would simply get a warning and be done with it? I cant really think of maybe a couple people, and even then I think with any sort of moderating wouldnt be an issue. Most are here to talk Bucs football and sometimes someone will slip or get heated, it happens. Most would apologize or fall in line with a warning. Those that dont, really dont need to be here.

Agreed, the mature ones would fall in line. The others would just keep getting small vacations between their bouts of stupidity.

sandogbuc

Second String

#23 : August 05, 2012, 05:59:25 PM

I can reccomend others as well, but Java is BY FAR the biggest issue we have.

exactly! I come here to read about the Bucs but everytime I click on a subject it starts off with great discussion and debate but then JavaRay makes a post that derails the subject at hand and it quickly turns into a troll fest.

The guy/girl is obviously a smart person and knows what buttons to push to get attention and most likely sits back laughing at all of us for letting him/her get the rise he/her were seeking but when are we going to say enough so I can enjoying reading and discussing my Buccaneers?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 05, 2012, 06:00:42 PM

Tat ...  I just reported your post to the moderator so the idea at least gets considered...   Convenient link for doing that (at least)

PR   You should market advanced board features like  described to insiders...    People will pay for a better board with increased functionality.   

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 05, 2012, 06:00:51 PM

I'm a visible minority and I come on here just to read Java's posts. Dude is funny and interesting.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 05, 2012, 06:02:29 PM

I just want to commend you, sandogbuc! Many of us have tried to bring Java's harassment to light but none of us could get anyone's attention. Now we need to follow through and see that this is finally dealt with.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 05, 2012, 06:09:37 PM

He breaks forum rules. On any other forum in existence he wouldn't last a week. WHY  SHOULD THIS PLACE BE ANY DIFFERENT?

JayDee

Practice Squad
#28 : August 05, 2012, 06:22:45 PM

I dunno who JavaRay is (new to the forums), but it looks like BucFanOcala31 is trying to carry on tradition. What a drone.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 05, 2012, 06:23:19 PM

I don't think that's the attitude to have about it Ocala

Java has done racist stuff in the past so it's not hard to see that was his intent with this sig.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why is racism being tolerated on this forum? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools