Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne Getting Only C+ Grade in TC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 06, 2012, 02:41:19 PM

HATE the Cowgirls!

Any sort of bad news regarding that team is outstanding!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 06, 2012, 02:43:01 PM

My initial post in this thread was for those who have decided the question of Barron vs. Claiborne has already been answered.

Chalk one up for Dominik.

It hasn't already been answered. The Schiano question will similarly be answered in 2014 or thereabouts and I've never said differently.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 06, 2012, 02:54:52 PM

My initial post in this thread was for those who have decided the question of Barron vs. Claiborne has already been answered.

If you can't see that the comment you quoted above is sarcasm, just like the "CHEAP GLAZERS" responses of late, then I don't know what to say.

But regardless, neither question is answered and both deserve at least until a game or two has been played. Not just the ones you disagree with.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 06, 2012, 02:57:35 PM

What exactly do I disagree with again?

Kelly would have had higher name recognition among casual fans because he's the coach at a much more successful and prominent program and he's a flashy offensive coach, but for the actual skills of being a NFL head coach, Schiano seems like a better candidate. I think the Bucs got lucky Kelly turned them down.

Seriously, college coaches almost always fail.  And this guy was on no one's radar to make the jump.

WTF.   I'm pretty sickened by the choice.  I thought Kelly was an awful hire......Kelly is twice the coach Schiano is.....

But hey.....the Glazers totally know what they are doing.
Kelly may be twice the college coach, but Schiano's organized and disciplined style is much more NFL-friendly than Kelly's triple option spread wishbone run n shoot fun n gun offense or the coaches who have always had overwhelming talent. I have no idea how Schiano will do, but style-wise he's closer to a Harbaugh than Steve Spurrier or Dennis Erickson.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 06, 2012, 03:14:12 PM

What exactly do I disagree with again?

I think the shorter answer would to be to the question, what about the Bucs do you agree with?

I mean really? You already doubled down on your Schiano to Morris comparison above, claiming it a legitimate question. So just because you ripped Kelly harder than Schiano in a separate thread means nothing. If you expected Schiano to be any better than Morris, then why even ask that question in the first place? Your feelings and intent are clear in that post. You expect similar or even worse results from Schiano.

But hey, you can clear it all up right now. What do you think of the Schiano hire and what are your predictions for him as a head coach of the Buccaneers?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#20 : August 06, 2012, 03:14:26 PM

bleacher report

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 06, 2012, 04:03:53 PM

It hasn't already been answered. The Schiano question will similarly be answered in 2014 or thereabouts and I've never said differently.

Barron is known to be an excellent tackler. Claiborne is known to be not. The Bucs need defenders that can tackle in every game. That's not Claiborne. He's more famous for ducking tests.

As for HCs, Raheem had no experience whatsoever at any level. Schiano had 11 years at Rutgers and built a contender with the team, and an excellent reputation as a leader. Raheem got the Bucs a franchise QB. Schiano will win with him.

What's there to discuss?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 06, 2012, 04:11:56 PM

HATE the Cowgirls!

Any sort of bad news regarding that team is outstanding!

Yup...makes the rest of the day a little sweeter.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 06, 2012, 04:30:12 PM

Both are legitimate questions to ask at this point.  It just coming up with a conclusion to the questions already that isn't legitimate.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 06, 2012, 04:55:34 PM

Both are legitimate questions to ask at this point.  It just coming up with a conclusion to the questions already that isn't legitimate.

Bingo.

jizzy_22

Starter

#25 : August 06, 2012, 04:56:16 PM

we had a insider on claiborne so when we didnt draft him i was thinking that he may be a bit overrated and glad we didn't draft this guy..but at the time we didn't know what was going to happen to Talib so taking Red Barron was the best thing that could of happen to us...o yea the trade down also gave us the chance to go up and get the Hamster haha

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 06, 2012, 05:04:33 PM

Exactly what I've been saying.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#27 : August 06, 2012, 05:26:11 PM

Just glad Mark Barron and Doug Martin are doing well for us to be honest. We're definitely gonna need them.

PewterReportDL

Starter
#28 : August 06, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Would have given Barron an "A" if it weren't for the injury regarding his toe.

Quote from: Alex Dunlap, Bleacher Report
He has come in as the immediate starter, but has missed some time due to an unspecified toe injury. I'm keeping him out of the "A" class of rookies because the ailment is a little bit worrisome for a change-of-direction player until we hear it is not a turf toe.

Huh. Wonder what practice(s) he watched that would render Barron a "If not for injury... A"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 06, 2012, 05:56:40 PM

That C+ is substantial increase compared to his GPA

LOL . Nice.

This guy is going to be a turd , mark it down.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne Getting Only C+ Grade in TC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools