Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne Getting Only C+ Grade in TC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 06, 2012, 06:08:45 PM

That C+ is substantial increase compared to his GPA

LOL . Nice.

This guy is going to be a turd , mark it down.

Maybe my comprehension sucks.. are you saying Baron is going be a turd?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 06, 2012, 06:12:04 PM

That C+ is substantial increase compared to his GPA

LOL . Nice.

This guy is going to be a turd , mark it down.

Maybe my comprehension sucks.. are you saying Baron is going be a turd?

No , Claiborne. Barron is going to be a beast , you can mark that down also.  ;D

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

gone

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 06, 2012, 07:36:24 PM

we had a insider on claiborne so when we didnt draft him i was thinking that he may be a bit overrated and glad we didn't draft this guy..but at the time we didn't know what was going to happen to Talib so taking Red Barron was the best thing that could of happen to us...o yea the trade down also gave us the chance to go up and get the Hamster haha

FWIW, our "insider" on Claiborne wanted us to draft him. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 06, 2012, 08:47:38 PM

I just find it funny how no one was talking about taking Barron with our first.  There was talk at one point of taking him in the 2nd if he fell.  And 90% of this board wanted Claiborne.  Now Barron is the greatest thing since slice bread and MoMo is a bum.  I wasn't all that high on him myself so I'm not taking his side or anything.  Just find it humorous.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 06, 2012, 09:02:10 PM

I just find it funny how no one was talking about taking Barron with our first.  There was talk at one point of taking him in the 2nd if he fell.  And 90% of this board wanted Claiborne.  Now Barron is the greatest thing since slice bread and MoMo is a bum.  I wasn't all that high on him myself so I'm not taking his side or anything.  Just find it humorous.

its why fans should have open minds.  i was blindsided by barron...but quickly have come to love the pick.  its really not that difficult to enjoy being a fan.  it is easy to see that barron is much more of a "schiano"guy.  and as long as we arent putting our CB's on islands for long stretches of time then i couldnt care less.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 06, 2012, 09:07:21 PM

I hate to brag , but "no one" is not exactly accurate.   ;D

I believe Kuechly would be gone by the Bills pick , either to the Jags or the Panthers , so I would take either Barron or Gilmore. I'd lean towards Barron because it's a deep corner draft and you can find value in the middle rounds.
http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1294505.0.html

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 06, 2012, 09:28:41 PM

Holy cow! Some no-name football writer has given MoMo a C+ for his TC effort. He must be a bust. Nevermind that we haven't even gotten to pre-season games yet!!

Personally, I really liked MoMo and Riley Reiff.....considering we have Trueblood as a starting RT.

Safety was a huge hole anyway that needed to be plugged. I'm hoping Barron is going to prove he was worth the early selection. So far I am unconvinced.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

ingey1968

Starter

#37 : August 06, 2012, 09:40:54 PM

you are basing this off a week of TC? lol

Chalk one up for Dominik.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#38 : August 06, 2012, 09:43:34 PM

Pretty much happens every year, it's human nature.

In Claireborne's case, the test and his attitude toward it, made me happy that Dallas was his destiny.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 06, 2012, 09:58:41 PM

The interesting thing about comparing these two(MoMo and Barron) is that they both went up against Cam Newton in college. MoMo pretty much shut down Cam through the air(his man) and is the only guy on the LSU defense that could consistently tackle Cam in the open field. Barron was invisible against Cam. I personally thought MoMo was the easy choice for the Buccaneers....but I'm just a no-nothing MB guy....so, nevermind.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 06, 2012, 10:51:51 PM

Hey...good cause Freddy!

I volunteered to co-supervise that charity at one point in my life.  Thousand bucks is quite the donation...hope you aren't pulling a BUCSWTF on us...

Kudos though.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 06, 2012, 11:11:22 PM

I didn't think Barron did much talking anyway, but hey, if he wants to talk Physics, by all means...and yeah, I do agree about the quitting thing.  I mean, it is a POS test that doesn't matter much in regards to his position, but I didn't look at it that way.

Bucs have enough QUITTERS on the team, and QUITTERS that are STILL on the roster.  If the Bucs start losing badly, I imagine they will QUIT again.  Fingers crossed.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 06, 2012, 11:18:22 PM

I didn't think Barron did much talking anyway, but hey, if he wants to talk Physics, by all means...and yeah, I do agree about the quitting thing.  I mean, it is a POS test that doesn't matter much in regards to his position, but I didn't look at it that way.

Bucs have enough QUITTERS on the team, and QUITTERS that are STILL on the roster.  If the Bucs start losing badly, I imagine they will QUIT again.  Fingers crossed.

Agreed, if Mo didn't try because he thought it didn't mean anything, how would he play once his team is officially eliminated from the playoffs? Just asking.

Some players may quit if it happens again Boid, but I doubt any that do would continue to be coddled by the HC much less continue to start.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#43 : August 07, 2012, 08:13:25 AM

Quote from: Metal Gear Solid Exclamation Point
!

Alright. Lets get back to the topic at hand. MoMo passes this class with a C+, Barron gets a B+, would be an A if it weren't for an injury which has PR Staff questioning the writer, and Doug Martin gets a solid A. Go.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 07, 2012, 08:37:38 AM

you are basing this off a week of TC? lol

Chalk one up for Dominik.

I'm basing this on what I thought after the combine.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne Getting Only C+ Grade in TC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools