Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best way to watch the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

: August 07, 2012, 02:07:35 PM

Hey fellas, looks like I'll be on the west coast thru the end of the yr and am wondering what's the best way to watch the Bucs?
I've narrowed it down to direct tv and the sports bars.
The best deal I've come across is sunday ticket on ps3. This way you don't have to be a direct tv subscriber and still get the sunday ticket for 150.00-200.00.
I also have the sunday ticket app on my phone but I have to be a direct tv subscriber which means more $$$.
I've given up on internet streaming as there are no reliable sites that I can count on week to week. Last season was frustrating trying to find a live feed so we ended up at the sports bars most sundays.
Anybody got a better idea for us roadies?

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 07, 2012, 02:15:13 PM

I did Sunday Ticket for a few years...but recently I have had a some luck finding a few sports bars that will have a fellow Buc fan or two and I'll just set up camp for the season. I cancelled my Sunday Ticket after the 2009 season...was tired of paying that much to watch mediocre teams take the field. Yes, streaming sucks.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 07, 2012, 02:20:25 PM

the dtv deal is 199. this season.

their app is pretty good for streaming.

or try this with your PS3.   You'd have to buy a Slingbox.

http://www.slingbox.com/go/home

http://www.ehow.com/how_7461347_connect-slingbox-ps3.html

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#3 : August 07, 2012, 02:20:31 PM

Living in NC, it's tough to find a bar that will show the Bucs every Sunday.  I found that if you get to the bar early on Sunday, set in a similiar seat and tip well, they will have your game on the same tv almost always.  Having said that, I spent alot of $$ at the bars and now have Directv and Sunday Ticket.   

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 07, 2012, 02:22:24 PM

...I can send you a.....magic link if you're interested *wink wink* ;)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 07, 2012, 02:27:04 PM

the dtv deal is 199. this season.

their app is pretty good for streaming.

or try this with your PS3.   You'd have to buy a Slingbox.

http://www.slingbox.com/go/home

http://www.ehow.com/how_7461347_connect-slingbox-ps3.html
I know dtv came down on their price but you still have to sign a contract and deal with a satellite dish. The sunday ticket on ps3 eliminates both but I just read that
The sunday ticket doesn't include sunday night games, monday or thursday nighters.
Looks like I'll be hitting up the sports bars.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 07, 2012, 02:28:04 PM

I sir am interested

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 07, 2012, 02:31:14 PM

Living in NC, it's tough to find a bar that will show the Bucs every Sunday.  I found that if you get to the bar early on Sunday, set in a similiar seat and tip well, they will have your game on the same tv almost always.  Having said that, I spent alot of $$ at the bars and now have Directv and Sunday Ticket.   
I like dtv but being as I'll be out west on a temp basis, signing a contract wouldn't make sense for me.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 07, 2012, 03:08:52 PM

Sunday ticket is a good deal, especially at the lowered price. I could go to a bar and spend $30/game easy on food/beers. Halfway through the season the Sunday will have paid for itself.

That being said, I may forego it this year in favor of the FR streaming website, you can't beat free. I just get worried that I'll miss a game due to no live feed. Might still pay for Sunday ticket.

And as far as not showing Thursday/Monday/Sunday night games, it's because they are regularly televised. Sunday ticket doesn't broadcast something that is already being televised in your area or blacked out. Which is annoying if you are trying to watch a game on PS3 and a game being broadcast on TV at the same time.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 07, 2012, 07:57:48 PM

I had the PS3 app last season.  It got better towards the end of the year but it was BAD at the beginning.  Basically non functional.  Also it can be upwards of 2 minutes behind TV.  I often got phone calls or texts about a play 90 seconds before I saw it.  If you get it you might want to turn your phone off. 

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : August 07, 2012, 08:14:03 PM

This is the best way to watch them.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 07, 2012, 08:14:28 PM

This is a bannable offense.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 07, 2012, 08:37:52 PM

Sunday ticket is a good deal, especially at the lowered price. I could go to a bar and spend $30/game easy on food/beers. Halfway through the season the Sunday will have paid for itself.
True but the bar has chicks that serve you beer. Only thing better than a Bucs win is some cleavage.

On another note, that is one basass sig pic bro. Do it yourself?

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 07, 2012, 08:39:19 PM

This is the best way to watch them.

How can you focus on anything with that trio on your couch?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 07, 2012, 09:12:04 PM

True but the bar has chicks that serve you beer. Only thing better than a Bucs win is some cleavage.

They say looking at women's cleavage helps men live longer.    So I do it a lot.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best way to watch the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools