Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best way to watch the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 09, 2012, 05:14:40 PM

I wasted money on sunday ticket last year and don't know if I want to do the same this year until I know the Bucs are doing well.

stormsct

Starter

#31 : August 09, 2012, 05:52:11 PM

the old woman **CENSORED**ing about how much longer the game will be on.

See, for me...it's priceless to get out of the house and get a 3-6 hour break from ^^this^^ every Sunday @ _____ sports bar.
My wife would seriously ticked off at me if I did that...she's as big of a football fan as I am. She gets mad if there's not a game on TV during football season.  ;D

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : August 09, 2012, 06:05:56 PM

See, for me...it's priceless to get out of the house and get a 3-6 hour break from ^^this^^ every Sunday @ _____ sports bar.

Maybe if you ask her really nice, she might even let you take your balls with you.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 09, 2012, 07:08:39 PM

Maybe if you ask her really nice, she might even let you take your balls with you.

If I fill out the proper paperwork...it could be a possibility...

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 10, 2012, 12:12:06 PM

I got my Sunday Ticket and RedZone so, I will be able to see all the games I want to see, except the BUCS.
They will probably be blacked out 4-5 times this year and even the Sunday Ticket doesn't show them, but the RedZone shows some of their plays or their opponents.

Do they get blacked out nationally on Sunday Ticket if they're blacked out locally? Doesn't seem right.

Sunday Ticket will show them outside of the Tampa Bay market - which is considered 75 mile radius from the stadium and all of Orlando (which is their secondary market.

There's  a bunch of streaming sites that will ask you to download some really bloaty software to show you crappy resolution (although some are better than others).

I don't know, seems like a lot of effort to avoid going to the game. You could always join JBF's Blackout tour. They take a bus or something to a sports bar where the games are televised.

But it seems like it would be easier just to go to the secondary market and pick up a cheap ticket. If you don't like being in the heat, just hang out by the concession stands and watch it on their tv's...

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 10, 2012, 01:18:23 PM

Sunday Ticket isn't nearly as good of a deal as it used to be. DirecTV is over priced RedZone and almost just as good. There's no commercials and you don't miss anything  that is happening in all the games. It's 6 hours of rapid fire action.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 10, 2012, 01:39:15 PM

Wish they would offer a package that allows you to pay for just one team, and maybe it would be worth it then.  Add on the RZ channel, and it would be absolutely perfect.  And more affordable.

AKBuc

Rookie

#37 : August 10, 2012, 02:50:54 PM

Hey fellas, looks like I'll be on the west coast thru the end of the yr and am wondering what's the best way to watch the Bucs?
I've narrowed it down to direct tv and the sports bars.
The best deal I've come across is sunday ticket on ps3. This way you don't have to be a direct tv subscriber and still get the sunday ticket for 150.00-200.00.
I also have the sunday ticket app on my phone but I have to be a direct tv subscriber which means more $$$.
I've given up on internet streaming as there are no reliable sites that I can count on week to week. Last season was frustrating trying to find a live feed so we ended up at the sports bars most sundays.
Anybody got a better idea for us roadies?

Don't bank on ST being on the PS3 this year. It more than likely will be, but there has been no official announcements. Nor has there been any pricing released. Most are assuming it will be between $150-200 (as the standard price for ST is I think $200 as opposed to $300+).

I did the ST PS3 thing last year, and it was pretty dang good (sans week 1, that SUCKED). Quality was just ok though. I mean not bad by any means. But for the price you pay, you would hope for better. I also do Pre-Season Live and the quality is quite a bit better than ST "to go/max whatever".

Just about everyone but the US can get NFL game pass. There is a way around that if you live in the US (VPN), but good luck getting support if you have issues etc....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best way to watch the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools