Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent Richardson May Not Play in Friday's Preseason Game « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

stormsct

Starter

: August 07, 2012, 06:20:47 PM

Brandon Weeden has been named the starting quarterback in Cleveland, but Browns running back Trent Richardson was drafted to be the team's workhorse.

It appears he won't be let out of the stable just yet.

Richardson sat out Tuesday's practice with a sore left knee and might miss Friday's preseason opener, according to Mary Kay Cabot of The Plain Dealer. It's the same knee Richardson had scoped in February. The No. 3 overall draft pick had the knee in a sleeve Tuesday as he rode a stationary bike off to the side of the team's workout.

Looks like the knee is not fully healed, yet.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000046943/article/trent-richardson-out-of-cleveland-browns-opener

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 07, 2012, 06:32:42 PM

NFL BUST

gone

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 07, 2012, 06:33:11 PM

There's no "yet" there.  Knees never fully heal.

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 07, 2012, 06:38:42 PM

Interestingly, when I was trying to find more info on the details of the injury, I found THIS article on pre-draft injury concerns.  Notice who is at the top of the (not ranked) list.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 07, 2012, 06:59:39 PM

Interestingly, when I was trying to find more info on the details of the injury, I found THIS article on pre-draft injury concerns.  Notice who is at the top of the (not ranked) list.

What am i missing?

-------------------------------------------------------

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 07, 2012, 07:05:05 PM

There's no "yet" there.  Knees never fully heal.

Apparently Wes Welker didn't get the memo ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

McCoy93

Starter

#6 : August 07, 2012, 07:23:48 PM

Thats ok; I dont want put too much mileage on my new car before the season starts

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#7 : August 08, 2012, 05:22:09 PM

@mortreport reports Trent Richardson is tentatively scheduled to have arthroscopic surgery Thursday to remove a "hang nail particle" of loose cartilage that is irritating the left knee but it is expected to allow him to return before the regular season opener.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 08, 2012, 05:23:25 PM

we'll have to keep our fingers crossed that Barron stays injury-free......

TheQ

Starter

#9 : August 08, 2012, 05:24:20 PM

The Browns are going to rely on him a lot this season, so they won't be risking him much in the preseason.
Small move by them, as they have heavily invested in him.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 08, 2012, 05:59:25 PM

Acording to ESPN Richardson saw renowned orthopedic Dr. Andrews and surgery is scheduled. this will be Trent's 4th knee procedure. ouch.

Here is the whole article that Morgan was reffering to.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8248705/sources-cleveland-browns-trent-richardson-knee-surgery-thursday

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 08, 2012, 06:02:35 PM

Acording to ESPN Richardson saw renowned orthopedic Dr. Andrews and surgery is scheduled. this will be Trent's 4th knee procedure. ouch.

Here is the whole article that Morgan was reffering to.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8248705/sources-cleveland-browns-trent-richardson-knee-surgery-thursday
Yikes. Aren't I glad we held back and nabbed Martin.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 08, 2012, 06:13:11 PM

I'm not going to lie. I wanted TR to be a Buc. But since Dominik was able to work it out that we got Martin, I was pleased at the end of day 1 of the draft.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#13 : August 08, 2012, 06:19:26 PM

I'm happy the way it worked out for us as well but heres to wishing TR well and speedy recovery.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 08, 2012, 06:37:20 PM

I'm not going to lie. I wanted TR to be a Buc. But since Dominik was able to work it out that we got Martin, I was pleased at the end of day 1 of the draft.

same here. no regrets at this point.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent Richardson May Not Play in Friday's Preseason Game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools