Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent Richardson May Not Play in Friday's Preseason Game « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 08, 2012, 06:47:34 PM

Everyone wanted to pretend the knee was a non factor and no big deal, but when you run as violently as Richardson....having knee problems at 22 is a big deal. Not saying he's a bust, but like I said before the draft, I'm betting he has a career similar to Marion Barber in length and production.

ingey1968

Starter

#16 : August 08, 2012, 07:24:24 PM

So let me get this straight. Richardson is missing a meaningless preseason game so he is a bust yet The piece of crap G. Mccoy cant arm tackle a guy without tearing something and he isnt. Ok...    lol

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 08, 2012, 07:31:14 PM

So let me get this straight. Richardson is missing a meaningless preseason game so he is a bust yet The piece of crap G. Mccoy cant arm tackle a guy without tearing something and he isnt. Ok...    lol

Some have already put McCoy in the bust category. And the people still defending him will have trouble doing so if he ends up on IR yet again this year.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 08, 2012, 07:41:23 PM

Well at this point McCoy is a bust, but his injuries are such that he should have a full recovery and the opportunity to play another 8 years with no effects. If he can do that, he'll have been a fine pick. Richardson plays a position that already has a short shelf life and these repetitive injuries to his knees are only going to shorten his career. It's going to be really hard for him to play at any kind of high level more than 4-5 years.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 08, 2012, 07:44:26 PM

I'm not going to lie. I wanted TR to be a Buc. But since Dominik was able to work it out that we got Martin, I was pleased at the end of day 1 of the draft.

You and me both. I wanted Kalil, Richardson, Kuechly and Claiborne. in that order. Glad it's the Browns and not us. The Browns gave up a fortune for a guy that might be the next Ka Jana Carter.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 08, 2012, 07:57:10 PM

I wont deny that I wanted Richardson....one, because hes a beast. Secondly, because i wasn't aware of so many knee procedures. And thirdly, because I didn't think we'd have any shot at Martin. I couldn't be happier at how things turned out.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 08, 2012, 08:11:08 PM

Its more than that, its another surgery, and out 3-4 weeks.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 08, 2012, 09:20:45 PM

They say "minor" and "3 to 4 weeks" but they said the same exact thing back before the combine when he had his other "minor" knee surgery. Here he is 4 months later having soreness and getting another surgery.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 09, 2012, 09:31:24 AM

I don't think you can list Richardson or McCoy as Busts. Both players have talent, they just have injury concerns. You can't compare McCoy to the likes of JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leif orr Mike Mamula. I don't consider KaJana Carter a bust. He was a unfortunate case. Only time will tell regarding Richardson. I'm just glad we don't have to deal with this injury headache the Browns are now faced with.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 09, 2012, 09:39:38 AM

I don't think you can list Richardson or McCoy as Busts. Both players have talent, they just have injury concerns. You can't compare McCoy to the likes of JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leif orr Mike Mamula. I don't consider KaJana Carter a bust. He was a unfortunate case. Only time will tell regarding Richardson. I'm just glad we don't have to deal with this injury headache the Browns are now faced with.
Mike Mamula was a halfway decent player (the third best pass rusher of his draft class) whose also had injury issues.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 09, 2012, 09:42:01 AM

I wont deny that I wanted Richardson....one, because hes a beast. Secondly, because i wasn't aware of so many knee procedures. And thirdly, because I didn't think we'd have any shot at Martin. I couldn't be happier at how things turned out.
I was too. When it became clear that the Bucs weren't going to get Kalil or Richardson prior to the draft barring a trade, I switched my focus to Kuechly and Claiborne, with Barron being an outside chance. Barron worried me because of his double hernia surgery. Great how it turned out.
With all the Browns issues, they may be the odds on favorite at the #1 overall pick next April.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 09, 2012, 09:42:48 AM

They say "minor" and "3 to 4 weeks" but they said the same exact thing back before the combine when he had his other "minor" knee surgery. Here he is 4 months later having soreness and getting another surgery.

Lets assume this last procedure was indeed minor.   He is pretty much missing the entire pre season most likely and may be ready for the opener. 

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 09, 2012, 10:22:52 AM

Mike Mamula was a halfway decent player (the third best pass rusher of his draft class) whose also had injury issues.

He was considered at best a 2nd round draft pick until his combine workouts. If Mamula had been draft in he 2nd or 3rd round then no one would even know his name. He's a Bust because of his lofty draft status and failure to produce on the field.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 09, 2012, 10:47:07 AM

Mike Mamula was the third most productive pass rusher of his draft class.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 09, 2012, 10:54:28 AM

If I knew Tampa could take Martin at #31, I wouldn't have wanted Richardson that bad. Now that things went out as they did, I'm happy to have an all around back and an all around safety.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent Richardson May Not Play in Friday's Preseason Game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools