Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent Richardson May Not Play in Friday's Preseason Game « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 09, 2012, 11:03:22 AM

Everyone wanted to pretend the knee was a non factor and no big deal, but when you run as violently as Richardson....having knee problems at 22 is a big deal. Not saying he's a bust, but like I said before the draft, I'm betting he has a career similar to Marion Barber in length and production.

I remember thinking similarly about him. I thought he would have a couple awesome seasons followed with an injury filled rest of career. I liked him but he wasn't on my list at 5.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 09, 2012, 04:36:44 PM

I loved watching Marion the Barbarian. He was one of my favorite running backs, so it isn't an insult in anyway...but like you said, a few great seasons and then quick drop off and early retirement is what I foresee.

As for this minor surgery he had today, even if he is only out 3 to 4 weeks (which I doubt) he will not be in football shape come week one, he will have missed all of preseason, missed all of practice, and if they rush him on to the field he will likely not be great and his chances of getting hurt will be high. If they are smart (and the Browns are not) they will work him in slowly. If he is ready to go week one, limit him to a few touches and get a few weeks of practice under his belt before you throw him in and start giving him 20+ touches a game. We'll see how it plays out though. It's the Browns so he'll probably get staff infection and go on IR.
: August 09, 2012, 04:38:16 PM JDouble

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent Richardson May Not Play in Friday's Preseason Game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools