Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Bucs Need Blount « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PewterPirate54

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

: August 08, 2012, 09:43:26 PM

http://buccaneertalk.com/blog.asp?postId=LJEOJELQIIBUITAHXGZBOIHEN

Why Bucs Need Blount

I want to start by saying that LeGarrette Blount did make his fair share of mistakes and had his share of problems under Raheem Morris.

As was reported by Rick Stroud, Staff Writer for Tampa Bay Times, "His lack of commitment was startling to coaches from the day he was claimed off waivers from the Titans an undrafted rookie in 2010. For the first two weeks after being acquired by Tampa Bay, Blount, who was suspended at Oregon for punching a Boise State player, never made it to work on time and compiled fines of more than $15,000. Exasperated, then-coach Raheem Morris and general manager Mark Dominik ordered him to hire a car service with a driver to wake him up in the morning and transport him less than 3 miles from his apartment to One Buc Place. After a few weeks, they canceled the car service for one day. And Blount was late. He continued to need a driver to get to work in 2011. But his poor preparation habits also spread to the meeting room, where coaches said he would sometimes fall asleep. On the field, Blount struggled to hold onto the football. He has fumbled nine times in two years, losing six, and rarely played on passing downs. A knee injury at San Francisco prevented Blount from playing in two games last season, and he finished with 781 yards (4.2 per rush average) and five touchdowns."

Yes as much as everyone else wants to absolutely vomit from even hearing any kind of report like that, it seems to be Blount has changed his ways. Ever since the great Schiano era began, Blount seems much more dedicated and driven. Those are the two things that are a must to even survive on Schiano's team. Blount is an extreme talent that entered the league as an undrafted free agent, and for some reason, he is still getting overly disrespected. The young man has out-played his contract, yet everyone sees the potential for so much more.

My belief is that we all see Blount reach his potential in 2012 with this new coach and coaching staff. They will help him grow up and be more consistent on a weekley basis, on and off the feild. Also, he will have the rookie Doug Martin nipping at his heels. This will all make him the player he should be, and that we all expect.

Written by: Chris Anderson

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 08, 2012, 09:50:46 PM

The sky is the limit for the Buc's duo of Blount and Martin. Could be very special...

PewterPirate54

Pro Bowler

#2 : August 08, 2012, 09:52:50 PM

The sky is the limit for the Buc's duo of Blount and Martin. Could be very special...
I completely agree. If used right they can compliment each other perfectly. 

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 08, 2012, 10:00:25 PM

Agree that it could be awesome but only if Blount fully embraces the idea of a shared backfield.
I have my doubts that it's going to happen.

Turn the page.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 08, 2012, 10:01:29 PM

Blount should get 1,000 yards easily with a 4.5 YPC this year. Martin too.

PewterPirate54

Pro Bowler

#5 : August 08, 2012, 10:02:27 PM

We can be dynamic.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 08, 2012, 10:03:33 PM

Easily?  You realize that trick has rarely been turned, right?

Turn the page.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 08, 2012, 10:10:17 PM

I know. I just think our RB core is slightly better than Carolina's.  :P

They could've did it again this year but Cam Newton took away from Williams and Stewart.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 08, 2012, 11:17:06 PM

I know. I just think our RB core is slightly better than Carolina's.  :P

Hope that ends up being the case.

Turn the page.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 09, 2012, 12:07:25 AM

After last season, I think a Blount would do all of us good.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 09, 2012, 02:19:17 AM

With all the attention on Blount and Martin I believe Smith will be a real surprise for defenses and the fans. Just a hunch. No chance to start, but still a major impact in several games.

IrishBuc

Second String

#11 : August 09, 2012, 06:23:12 AM

Think Blount and Martin could be something like Thnder and lightning. That worked out pretty well!

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 09, 2012, 07:31:55 AM

Think Blount and Martin could be something like Thnder and lightning. That worked out pretty well!
I agree with lightning getting the bulk of the action early and then Thunder to bring it home in the 4th.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 09, 2012, 07:49:53 AM

Agree that it could be awesome but only if Blount fully embraces the idea of a shared backfield.
I have my doubts that it's going to happen.

He has no other option. If he shows up late, isn't dedicated and doesn't work hard he's gone. He's stood by and watched people with a better resume than him get shipped down the river for not showing the dedication that was expected.

I like Blount and I think he'll have a great year. I also think he is a guy who will work as hard as you make him and will take as much as given. Morris tolerated this BS, Schiano will cut his ass and never think twice about it. I think Blount has smarted up a bit.

I read an article a couple weeks ago. Blount did something wrong, Schiano corrected him and blount threw or "dropped:" his helmet to the ground. Schiano says something to extent of "pick up your damn helmet". Blount picks it up and walks away. From all reports that is something Morris would not have done and Blount knew it.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#14 : August 09, 2012, 09:41:23 AM

If that's the case, Blount throwing his helmet, I'm pretty certain the Buc's will simply extract what they can out of him this season while Martin establishes himself then cut him loose.

When rooks like David, Barron and Martin arrive with a professional work ethic and attitude and FA's like Nicks,Vjax and Clark come in with "consumate pro" pasted up on thier locker, childish behavior from LGB spells Buh Bye to me.

Tanard, Winslow the chump and Baby Daddy Dezmon might agree.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Bucs Need Blount « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools