Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Bucs Need Blount « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 09, 2012, 10:01:55 AM

Will be nice to get the season started so we can focus on the game........and not Schiano.......so far, that's all I hear about. But then again, if we start out 0-6, all the focus will be on Schiano, but for different reasons.....If he lasts 2yrs. I'll be amazed.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 09, 2012, 11:16:31 AM

@BucNY- I don't necessarily think he will show up late or fall asleep in meetings.  IMO, he seems like a player that overvalues his abilities.

Don't get me wrong.  I've got nothing against the guy especially since he's on our team but the whole "I'll be angry if you bring in another RB" didn't sit so well with me.

I realize that everybody wants to be the stud but only few players can be the unquestioned standout RB in today's NFL.

I hope he and Martin run for 1,000 each and that they are used in a way that never gives defenses a break.  I just don't see 1,000 yds per guy happening and feel that Blount is going to want to leave eventually to look for a gig where he is the main man.

Turn the page.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 09, 2012, 05:17:35 PM

@BucNY- I don't necessarily think he will show up late or fall asleep in meetings.  IMO, he seems like a player that overvalues his abilities.

Don't get me wrong.  I've got nothing against the guy especially since he's on our team but the whole "I'll be angry if you bring in another RB" didn't sit so well with me.

It's the difference from 1 million(?) to (..what was Forte's contract?) 35 million?.... I'd be a bit ticked too.

Especially when I knew the coaching staff had a huge hand in creating my crappy stats.  ::)

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#18 : August 09, 2012, 05:20:10 PM

It's the difference from 1 million(?) to (..what was Forte's contract?) 35 million?.... I'd be a bit ticked too.

Especially when I knew the coaching staff had a huge hand in creating my crappy stats.  ::)

Maybe Blount should have gotten himself drafted higher.

He's still young and has a "clean slate".  If he can accept and endure the hard ass ways of Schiano, and be productive too , he'll deserve a nice payday.
: August 09, 2012, 05:29:12 PM Rat

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 09, 2012, 05:41:44 PM

Maybe Blount should have gotten himself drafted higher.

He's still young and has a "clean slate".  If he can accept and endure the hard ass ways of Schiano, and be productive too , he'll deserve a nice payday.

Despite accounts of sleeping in and whatnot, he's been better as a person and player than I originally thought he would be. If Talib can handle the "Schiano-way," then Blount certainly can imo.

As far as the draft goes, bygones are bygones. He proved, in the NFL, that he's worthy of at least a second rounder. All this gobbledee**CENSORED** about Martin is fine and dandy, but we've all witnessed Blount can compete at an NFL level.

If I'm Schiano, I'm letting Blount play it out before stripping his #1 status. I would still find a way to get Hamster the ball at least 5-6 times per game.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 09, 2012, 05:48:32 PM

Will be nice to get the season started so we can focus on the game........and not Schiano.......so far, that's all I hear about. But then again, if we start out 0-6, all the focus will be on Schiano, but for different reasons.....If he lasts 2yrs. I'll be amazed.

prepare to be amazed.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 09, 2012, 06:00:52 PM

If I'm Schiano, I'm letting Blount play it out before stripping his #1 status. I would still find a way to get Hamster the ball at least 5-6 times per game.

If we are a run first team like everyone says, it doesn't matter who starts. Both guys will get 10 to 15 touches per game.

Draft Aaron Donald

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#22 : August 09, 2012, 06:09:30 PM

Despite accounts of sleeping in and whatnot, he's been better as a person and player than I originally thought he would be. If Talib can handle the "Schiano-way," then Blount certainly can imo.

As far as the draft goes, bygones are bygones. He proved, in the NFL, that he's worthy of at least a second rounder. All this gobbledee**CENSORED** about Martin is fine and dandy, but we've all witnessed Blount can compete at an NFL level.

Agree.

Blount get's his chance no doubt.  He's the incumbent vet and has earned it.

Depends on how the OC want's to use him though.  An interchangable 3 tool back with Martin, or maybe in Brandon Jacobs, mad rhino type?   BTW, Martin is going to see 15-20 touches running and passing... bank on it.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 09, 2012, 09:16:05 PM

Well, the ball is in Blount's court so to speak.
There should be enough carries in this offense for both he and Martin to be productive.
If Blount can put up another strong year he will certainly help his cause unless of course the Bucs use the franchise tag on him.

Turn the page.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 09, 2012, 09:28:17 PM

He's still an exclusive rights free agent next year. We don't have to use the franchise tag. We can keep him in 2013 for about $750k

Draft Aaron Donald

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 09, 2012, 09:52:26 PM

^^sold^^

-------------------------------------------------------

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 09, 2012, 10:04:36 PM

He's still an exclusive rights free agent next year. We don't have to use the franchise tag. We can keep him in 2013 for about $750k

JDouble on the scene.  Thanks man, didn't know he was an exclusive rights guy.
Yeah, $750k is a total steal for Blount if they decide to go that route.

Turn the page.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 09, 2012, 10:15:07 PM

I'm not 100% on the exact amount. It might be more like $900k, but I know it should be less than $1M if we decide not to give him a contract and just tag him as an ERFA. Gotta be honest though, if he has another good season and we don't give him a contract...I don't expect him to react well.

Draft Aaron Donald

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 09, 2012, 10:29:32 PM

Gotta be honest though, if he has another good season and we don't give him a contract...I don't expect him to react well.

I agree that he probably won't react well but I'm curious what kind of money he looks for.
Let's say he goes for another 1,000 yard season.
Is he expecting Forte money?
Just using him as an example since he was mentioned above.
That contract was 4 yrs @ 32M.

Turn the page.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 10, 2012, 12:34:53 AM

I know. I just think our RB core is slightly better than Carolina's.  :P

You seem to be forgetting that Carolina's RB core gets to go up against the Buc's porous defensive line twice a year.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Bucs Need Blount « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools