Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5 reasons you should really be concerned about the Bucs' pass rush in 2012. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 10, 2012, 11:55:28 AM

There is talent on this defense.

I don't see what you're seeing. This is one of the worst defenses on paper in the NFL and the worst front 7.

These guys might be physically gifted or something but I doubt you would find many teams that would flat out trade their front 7 with our front 7. I actually struggle to think of who would because most teams at least have one good player and we've got none.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 10, 2012, 11:57:40 AM

Unproven isn't untalented though. Clayborn, Barron, and David could end up being better than the players you just listed.

Agree. Those guys can be really good for us. Too early to tell. Plus if GMac stays healthy and some other guys step up, our defense could be alright. Still not where we need it to be but it could be really improved this year.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 10, 2012, 02:34:18 PM

I don't see what you're seeing. This is one of the worst defenses on paper in the NFL and the worst front 7.

These guys might be physically gifted or something but I doubt you would find many teams that would flat out trade their front 7 with our front 7. I actually struggle to think of who would because most teams at least have one good player and we've got none.

We are the youngest team in the league for the 3rd year in a row. Obviously we are going to have a lot of unproven guys. We were unproven on defense in 1996 too. Good thing we didn't trade our front seven.

Draft Aaron Donald

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 10, 2012, 03:12:13 PM

We are the youngest team in the league for the 3rd year in a row. Obviously we are going to have a lot of unproven guys. We were unproven on defense in 1996 too. Good thing we didn't trade our front seven.
1996 Hardy Nickerson was ten times better than anyone on the front 7 right now.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 10, 2012, 03:13:38 PM

Yeah well we brought in top vets on offense instead of defense, but we have a lot of young guys that might be great. Assuming they suck is kinda lame.

Draft Aaron Donald

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 10, 2012, 03:40:55 PM

No one said the current player suck. It's just that pretty much all the other teams have better ones.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 10, 2012, 04:16:42 PM

No one said the current players suck.

Really? Kinda seemed like it.

Draft Aaron Donald

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 10, 2012, 04:18:29 PM

Are those not facts?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 10, 2012, 04:18:51 PM

They are much closer to "suck" than "great".

much much closer.

Are those not facts?

Acting like almost every defensive player is essentially an all-pro in the making, is much more satisfying.

: August 10, 2012, 04:22:20 PM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 10, 2012, 04:53:35 PM

There are no facts to be said about Clayborn, David, and Barron. Only speculation. Forgive me for holding off judgment and hoping for the best. I should assume they suck like the cool kids do.

Draft Aaron Donald

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 10, 2012, 06:47:06 PM

There are no facts to be said about Clayborn, David, and Barron. Only speculation. Forgive me for holding off judgment and hoping for the best. I should assume they suck like the cool kids do.
Well Barron isn't part of the front 7, he's part of the front 8, so I don't know why he's in the discussion. I like Clayborn a lot, but his upside is he's just a brawler type without elite get off who projects as a 10-11 sack guy, which is great, but not exactly going to carry a whole team. Charles Johnson has had similar production since he became a starter and his defense has been bad each of those years. Will Smith has been one of those players over his fairly long career and his defense most of the time has been poor, too. I like David, too, but everyone in the NFL just studied him and Kuechly at the exact same time and every single person decided Kuechly was much better. Every other LB I mentioned other than David Hawthorne was a higher pick than David, too, and likely would have been picked over him if they were in the same draft class.

Building a NFL team is hard. Everyone else has talented players, too. It's not enough to just get your own talented players; you have to get players who are more talented than what most of the other teams have.
: August 10, 2012, 06:50:20 PM Feel Real Good

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 10, 2012, 06:54:19 PM

David and frankly GMC have the upside to make this front 7 good. I like GMC a lot but right now, as of today, I can't say he's anything other than injury prone and even a generous reading of his production isn't what we wanted to buy with the 3rd pick. Clayborn really is what he is. There is some upside but reality right now isn't pretty,

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 10, 2012, 06:56:47 PM

There is some upside but reality right now isn't pretty,

im not sure reality is pretty for anyone right now.  i believe its a cup half full sort of thing.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 10, 2012, 07:00:49 PM

Forgot about Foster too. He looked really good at the beginning of last season before everything went to **CENSORED**.

Draft Aaron Donald

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 10, 2012, 07:02:33 PM

Forgot about Foster too. He looked really good at the beginning of last season before everything went to **CENSORED**.

He never looked good. He looked lousy in coverage all year.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5 reasons you should really be concerned about the Bucs' pass rush in 2012. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools