Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5 reasons you should really be concerned about the Bucs' pass rush in 2012. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 10, 2012, 07:06:05 PM

ok.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 10, 2012, 07:09:53 PM

Forgot about Foster too. He looked really good at the beginning of last season before everything went to **CENSORED**.
Again, it's not just about sometimes looking good. All the other teams have players that sometimes look good, too. You have to get players better than what they have. Foster can sometimes look good, but until he does it at a higher rate than Jon Beason, Luke Kuechly, Sean Weatherspoon, Curtis Lofton, and David Hawthorne, it's not going to matter.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 10, 2012, 07:10:53 PM

Clayborn really is what he is. There is some upside but reality right now isn't pretty,
Thus far Clayborn is the best player on the front 7 and shown the most upside while also showing the least downside.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

smove28

Starter

#33 : August 10, 2012, 07:23:10 PM

I think we are overlooking the lack of coaching. We are not a great line by any stretch but with coaching and effort they could be decent. Remember they completely mailed the end of the season

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 10, 2012, 07:33:28 PM

Forgot about Foster too. He looked really good at the beginning of last season before everything went to **CENSORED**.
Again, it's not just about sometimes looking good. All the other teams have players that sometimes look good, too. You have to get players better than what they have. Foster can sometimes look good, but until he does it at a higher rate than Jon Beason, Luke Kuechly, Sean Weatherspoon, Curtis Lofton, and David Hawthorne, it's not going to matter.

Jon Beason can't stay healthy long enough to do anything and weatherspoon hasn't done jack. Curtis Lofton is no better in coverage than foster..Kuechly hasn't taken a single snap in the nfl..Grass is always greener.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 10, 2012, 10:27:34 PM

Foster and Clay knocked the fugg out of the RB in the hole.  That was nice to see.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 10, 2012, 10:50:11 PM

I thought Gerald looked good the time he was in there.  He was in the backfield several times.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 11, 2012, 08:51:52 AM

Foster and Clay knocked the fugg out of the RB in the hole.  That was nice to see.

THAT was fun to watch.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 11, 2012, 10:54:48 AM

The phins had a top 10 D last season and we drove the ball right down their throats.
The Bucs D on the other hand finished in the gutter last season but shutout the phins starting O.
Every coach from pee wee to the Nfl say's there is no "I" in team yet the author of this article picks apart our pass rush and say's we should be concerned.
I'm growing tired of the new social media journalism I'm seeing these days.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 11, 2012, 11:52:01 AM

How many sacks did we get last night?  Its still a valid concern.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 11, 2012, 11:54:59 AM

I think under Schiano we are going to be a team that blitzes much more than we've ever been used to seeing since the Tampa 2....we aren't going to show many of those blitz packages in preseason though , of course.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 11, 2012, 11:56:38 AM

Since that guy hasn't taken one single snap in a regular season NFL game, I would say Foster has already done it at a higher rate.  ;)

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#42 : August 11, 2012, 01:40:23 PM

I guess we're arguing about perspective here? I think no one is disputing that we lack proven playmakers while, at the same time, we have young, talented players with upside who need to reach their potential for this defense to be good.

/thread?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : August 11, 2012, 02:36:20 PM

I think the biggest difference between the old regime in the new regime is that last year they would get a lot of praise after this win and probably come in next week and be off. With this regime they will get their ass chewed for the poor tackling the fumbles the penalties and they will come back next week every bit as focused and prepared as they were this week.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 11, 2012, 02:44:25 PM

The Bucs D got off the field against the phins starting O w/o giving up points.

Sacks will come but lack of them is not cause for concern after one preseason game.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5 reasons you should really be concerned about the Bucs' pass rush in 2012. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools