Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Honey Badger kicked off Tigers. So what does he do, and how does it impact his « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 10, 2012, 07:08:00 PM

That 5'8" thing is also a problem since with a lot of the big time WRs (Andre, Megatron, Julio, Colston) even if he could "cover" them they'd still be open.

This is exactly right.  Can you imagine him on an Antonio Gates or Jimmy Graham?

"Cover the middle of the field Tyrann.  Yeah.  Number 80.  The 6-7 tight end who's faster than you, stronger than you, and has 38.5-inch vertical leap.  Good luck."

Well yeah the matchups with him as an S are even worse plus he's 180 lbs so I doubt he's gonna be much of a player in the middle. He's got slot/nickle CB body and WLB coverage skills.

Plus-freakin'-one.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 10, 2012, 07:17:04 PM

That 5'8" thing is also a problem since with a lot of the big time WRs (Andre, Megatron, Julio, Colston) even if he could "cover" them they'd still be open.

This is exactly right.  Can you imagine him on an Antonio Gates or Jimmy Graham?

"Cover the middle of the field Tyrann.  Yeah.  Number 80.  The 6-7 tight end who's faster than you, stronger than you, and has 38.5-inch vertical leap.  Good luck."
Yes, and while the SEC does have players like those he had to go against at times, for the most part he didn't have to deal with Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, and Jay Cutler threading the needle to them. It's a lot easier to be a ball hawk when you have stiffs like John Brantley and Stephen Garcia tossing wounded ducks.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 10, 2012, 11:51:55 PM

So asking him to play safety would be useless?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 11, 2012, 12:18:08 AM

The guy wasn't even a 2nd day pick before all this.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 11, 2012, 05:36:22 AM

Or starting safety is 5'10 180 pounds. And his backup is 5'9 180 pounds. IJS.  If a 6 foot 7 TE is faster than the honey badger then he is definitely faster than the safeties we will be starting as well. Im not saying he could be a safety i'm just saying your reason fir saying he can't be a safety is ridiculous since he is about the same size as our 2 FS but about 10 times more athletic. This guy definitely will be a good return man, something Ahmad and ronde have probably dreamed of doing.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 11, 2012, 05:48:32 AM

Or starting safety is 5'10 180 pounds. And his backup is 5'9 180 pounds. IJS.  If a 6 foot 7 TE is faster than the honey badger then he is definitely faster than the safeties we will be starting as well. Im not saying he could be a safety i'm just saying your reason fir saying he can't be a safety is ridiculous since he is about the same size as our 2 FS but about 10 times more athletic. This guy definitely will be a good return man, something Ahmad and ronde have probably dreamed of doing but can't because they just don't possess the speed and athleticism.
  Im the same guy who was saying all last year that Ahmad black was to small and to slow.  Guys on here was saying, he is a ball hawk he is a playmaker bla bla bla give him a chance. But the honey badger is to small even though he is obviously a better athlete, better blitzer, and probably even a better l ball hawk if you can quantify precisely what ball Hawking is lol. The guy didn't just get picks, he led the nation in forced fumbles

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 11, 2012, 12:36:35 PM

Or starting safety is 5'10 180 pounds. And his backup is 5'9 180 pounds. IJS.  If a 6 foot 7 TE is faster than the honey badger then he is definitely faster than the safeties we will be starting as well. Im not saying he could be a safety i'm just saying your reason fir saying he can't be a safety is ridiculous since he is about the same size as our 2 FS but about 10 times more athletic. This guy definitely will be a good return man, something Ahmad and ronde have probably dreamed of doing.
Has it been proven it's a good thing we have two shrimps at free safety? You're making a pretty big assumption playersa like Barber and Black are a good thing back there.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#37 : August 11, 2012, 01:22:57 PM

I think he was a late round prospect anyway

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 11, 2012, 03:54:41 PM

Walt has him at 33 before the incident, which I think is too high, but wouldn't be surprised if he went in the early 2nd before getting the boot

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013_2.php

Charlie has him at 24th overall which is way too high for a troubled under sized zone corner.....

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013charlie_1.php

He will slide, but he won't get past the ghost of Al Davis in the 3rd

buchead

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 11, 2012, 07:18:48 PM

Has it been proven it's a good thing we have two shrimps at free safety? You're making a pretty big assumption playersa like Barber and Black are a good thing back there.
Im the same guy who was saying all last year that Ahmad black was to small and to slow.  Guys on here was saying, he is a ball hawk he is a playmaker bla bla bla give him a chance. But the honey badger is to small even though he is obviously a better athlete, better blitzer, and probably even a better l ball hawk if you can quantify precisely what ball Hawking is lol. The guy didn't just get picks, he led the nation in forced fumbles.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 11, 2012, 07:37:37 PM

Okay finally went to youtube and checked him out(I understand it doesnt show his mistakes duh) But this kid can play free safety in the NFL. What I saw was a ball hawk in every sense of the meaning.  This kid can tackle pretty good for a small guy. Remember Bob Sanders was the best safety in football at one point at 5 foot 8. At the very least he will be a 3rd or 4th corner and a elite return man. Have you guys seen his returns? Thats part of why his draft status is that high,
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8KBPaoS6odk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ISg51HwZ_Q0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 11, 2012, 07:49:15 PM

Okay finally went to youtube and checked him out(I understand it doesnt show his mistakes duh) But this kid can play free safety in the NFL. What I saw was a ball hawk in every sense of the meaning.  This kid can tackle pretty good for a small guy. Remember Bob Sanders was the best safety in football at one point at 5 foot 8. At the very least he will be a 3rd or 4th corner and a elite return man. Have you guys seen his returns? Thats part of why his draft status is that high,
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8KBPaoS6odk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ISg51HwZ_Q0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

College highlight tapes are poor indicators of future success.

And Bob Sanders was the opposite of ball hawk.  He was a pure run-stopper and spent most of his career in an ice bath because his small body couldn't hold up to an NFL beating.  Seriously.  Most of his career.  He played in only 50 of 128 games.  And he outweighed Mathieu by 20+ pounds.

I wouldn't have a problem deploying Mathieu as a nickle or dimeback, or a roaming safety.  I think his versatility would really shine from that position.  But how high do you draft a guy to be a full time kick returner and a sometimes defender?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 11, 2012, 07:52:21 PM

I don't get the huge hype on the dude, Holy ^%$#

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

buchead

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 11, 2012, 08:26:02 PM

And Bob Sanders was the opposite of ball hawk.  He was a pure run-stopper and spent most of his career in an ice bath because his small body couldn't hold up to an NFL beating.  Seriously.  Most of his career.  He played in only 50 of 128 games.  And he outweighed Mathieu by 20+ pounds.

I wouldn't have a problem deploying Mathieu as a nickle or dimeback, or a roaming safety.  I think his versatility would really shine from that position.  But how high do you draft a guy to be a full time kick returner and a sometimes defender?
My only point was that he could play in this league. Look at who Im replying to and whats been said. To sum it up, he cant play in this league because he is small and cant cover. I think he can. He doesnt just get turn overs. He creates them. literally, watch the highlights. And like you said he plays completely opposite of Bob so he shouldnt have to worry about being injured as much.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 11, 2012, 08:30:27 PM

My only point was that he could play in this league. Look at who Im replying to and whats been said. To sum it up, he cant play in this league because he is small and cant cover. I think he can. He doesnt just get turn overs. He creates them. literally, watch the highlights. And like you said he plays completely opposite of Bob so he shouldnt have to worry about being injured as much.

He didn't create many turnovers in the National Championship game when he was completely neutralized by deep smash concepts.  If his height wouldn't allow him to cover Kevin Norwood or Darius Hanks on the deep ball, what's he gonna do when Matt Ryan chunks it down the seam to Julio Jones?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Honey Badger kicked off Tigers. So what does he do, and how does it impact his « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools