Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy Ball is back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

: August 10, 2012, 03:45:50 PM

Circa 1996 is being re-surfaced tonight.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#1 : August 10, 2012, 03:49:26 PM

Dungy's teams could play defense.  I'm not so sure that this bunch can.

TheQ

Starter

#2 : August 10, 2012, 03:58:43 PM

So it will  be low scoring and defense will be highlighted.
IMO, no. The Offense will be leading this team and Tony D never had an offense to lead the team.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 10, 2012, 04:02:19 PM

Not sure if this is a bash thread or a praise thread, but if this is the kind of Dungyball we play:

Then i say BRING IT ON! :D

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 10, 2012, 04:03:12 PM

I get the 1996 vibe from this current team...

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#5 : August 10, 2012, 04:32:46 PM

The thing is, we could shut them out and still not know if our defense is any good.

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#6 : August 10, 2012, 04:41:05 PM

Not sure if this is a bash thread or a praise thread, but if this is the kind of Dungyball we play:

Then i say BRING IT ON! :D

Man that stadium was rocking!

Thanks for the sig Java!

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 10, 2012, 04:51:14 PM

The Dungy era showcased  a failure to collect talent on the Oline and at WR.  Even his first two #1  picks, defensive line players' Marcus Jones and Regan Upshaw never quite proved their draft status.   Dungy Ball misused Warrick Dunn.  Great guy but couldn't put together a good O.  He does deserve credit for bringing out the best in Sam Wyche's hall of fame draft picks + Hardy.

This is not Dungy Ball.     It's not litte Warrick Dunn up the middle anymore, gentlemen.   

Welcome to smashmouth w/ play action  Schiano ball!

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#8 : August 10, 2012, 05:18:33 PM

That's how I play madden.  Well, if I have a play editor, I put together a passing attack; i have a catch all O wr bunch play; i can read where to go with the ball no matter what the D shows!  I've passed for nine hundred yards . . . with Seneca Wallace at Qb!(I loved developing him in madden2k5). A fellow madden player friend of mine could not believe I could pass the ball deep with Wallace; but, i did!  Still, I like to run the ball; i ran the ball for five hundred hards on him with Trung Candidate Redskins once!

Genesis - tonight, tonight, tonight,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz7bqxeVgNw

gone

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 10, 2012, 05:43:59 PM

The thing is, we could shut them out and still not know if our defense is any good.

Yeah, sad to be a Phins fan right now.  They must feel like Morris-Era Buc fans.  No wonder Beatles jumped ship....

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 10, 2012, 05:51:32 PM

The Dungy era showcased  a failure to collect talent on the Oline and at WR.  Even his first two #1  picks, defensive line players' Marcus Jones and Regan Upshaw never quite proved their draft status.   Dungy Ball misused Warrick Dunn.  Great guy but couldn't put together a good O.  He does deserve credit for bringing out the best in Sam Wyche's hall of fame draft picks + Hardy.

This is not Dungy Ball.     It's not litte Warrick Dunn up the middle anymore, gentlemen.   

Welcome to smashmouth w/ play action  Schiano ball!

Don't forget about the A-Train...   And I agree this won't be Dungy ball, our passing game will be to good to just keep it on the shelf..

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 12, 2012, 05:02:45 PM

I feel like we're under the Dungy era again. Young QB with a few playmakers, potential in the defensive side of the ball etc....

Except we don't have the worst OC(Clyde C)in the game and most conservative coach(Dungy)

Freeman will be better than Trent Dilfer. So we just need the D to be able to play well.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 09, 2012, 07:28:09 PM

Today was classic Dungy Ball at its finest.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 09, 2012, 07:32:00 PM

It was Dungy-like, but like many have already said, the offense we have today is far superior to that of any team Dungy had. 

Defense was unbelievable to watch today...McCoy had me putting my Sapp jersey back on! 

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 09, 2012, 07:32:28 PM

Freeman had under 20 yards passing in the 2nd Half.

Wow.

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy Ball is back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools