Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Smith.......108 yards on two returns « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: August 11, 2012, 06:21:28 AM

Not  :o. Not even unexpected. He wasn't the starter in college, but he still made an impact.......and he never complained. I know he didn't have great numbers on offense, but wow. Put him in with the starters and I bet he would. The Bucs got a gem in this young man. I can't wait to see more.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#1 : August 11, 2012, 08:39:48 AM

Dont tell this to JDouble.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 11, 2012, 08:44:28 AM

Looked great on returns  , but if you are a 4.3 guy how the hell do you let someone catch you from behind !!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

David4ROTY

Starter

#3 : August 11, 2012, 08:47:07 AM

Looked great on returns  , but if you are a 4.3 guy how the hell do you let someone catch you from behind !!

Well, if you think about it...he can run 4.3 in 40 yards...It was a 74 yard punt return...don't know his 80 yard dash time :P

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 11, 2012, 08:54:48 AM

I like his frame. He looks bigger than he did in college and that would explain why he got hawked from behind. Would like to see him get some RB reps behind the first line.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 11, 2012, 08:55:01 AM

Love his aggressiveness, love his speed, AND he's plenty strong to break a lot of tackles and just power his way thru a small gap in the D, which he did. Looks like our future return man for sure...
   Looks very raw as a RB though, no moves typical of good RBs, basically a north/south guy. If he develops some moves, look out...
   Contrasting him with De'Anthony Curtis as a RB is interesting. Curtis does everything well; the one run where he actually got some blocking last night, he did a great job of following the blocking, for 19 yards... Not slow, but not as fast as Smith. I like him more than Madu.
   We suddenly have an abundance of TALENT at RB :o

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 11, 2012, 11:21:41 AM

I like his frame. He looks bigger than he did in college and that would explain why he got hawked from behind. Would like to see him get some RB reps behind the first line.

I think he said he is around 205-210.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 11, 2012, 11:25:46 AM

He definitely does not have great acceleration.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 11, 2012, 11:34:28 AM

Tired legs , perhaps ?? The guy is from Utah afterall ,and it's been a hot intense camp.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

ScoutTyper

Second String

#9 : August 11, 2012, 11:44:59 AM

I would like to see Michael Smith (Mighty Mouse) as the main return man.  If Prestin Parker (Lil' PP) is going to be used in the slot, I'd rather not have him getting additional hits in the return game.  I also like the fact that Smith is a small guy, that should make it harder for the defenders to see him behind our bigger blockers.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 11, 2012, 12:02:37 PM

I'm sure the tempo of practice has some guys tired and he also bounced off a couple guys, slowing him down, during that run. He didn't really impress on O but I think the line might be to blame for that, although his vision and decision making as a RB need some work but I'm in the camp to have this guy be the main returner.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 11, 2012, 12:07:01 PM

If you watch his college highlights he looks quick but he doesn't look as fast as other guys who run a 4.3.  He's fast but not as fast as advertised. Nice guy to have to our stable of running backs and hopefully he continues to be a good return man but I don't think he's going to become much on offense ever.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 11, 2012, 12:26:45 PM

I would also like to see him isolated out in space on offense to take advantage of his initial speed and ability to break tackles. Also on returns, he's a tank versus Parker so he is used to taking big hits as a running back, hence less likely to fumble.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 11, 2012, 12:33:28 PM

I would like to see Michael Smith (Mighty Mouse) as the main return man.  If Prestin Parker (Lil' PP)...

"lil pp" ...lol.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 11, 2012, 12:56:34 PM

I'm not as high as him as other people. He doesn't have any moves, doesn't have gameday speed. He's probably a better returner than anyone else we have on the roster, and Madu is worst. He does have potential too unlike any of the other non-Blount/Martin RBs
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Smith.......108 yards on two returns « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools