Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Smith.......108 yards on two returns « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TheQ

Starter

#15 : August 11, 2012, 01:26:25 PM

Pretty good game for Smith, especially in the return game. As a rook, that is about all he can expect to contribute with the other RBs the BuCs have.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 11, 2012, 01:32:14 PM

Pretty good game for Smith, especially in the return game. As a rook, that is about all he can expect to contribute with the other RBs the BuCs have.

Smith will be used on offense more and more through the season. We'll end up with a 3 man rotation in a year or two. Smith has the build to take a pounding at this level.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 11, 2012, 01:44:09 PM

Smith has the build to take a pounding at this level.

As do these girls...

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

PewterReportDL

Starter
#18 : August 11, 2012, 01:57:28 PM

Tired legs , perhaps ?? The guy is from Utah afterall ,and it's been a hot intense camp.

Jason, I'd say tired legs. The 74-yarder was after he was in at RB. I wouldn't hit the panic button about his speed. He also ran behind the 3rd team OLine. Obviously, he'd be more productive with the starters in front on him. Also, JMO, but he could really thrive when the Bucs run a ZBS.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 11, 2012, 02:04:25 PM

Looked great on returns  , but if you are a 4.3 guy how the hell do you let someone catch you from behind !!

He definitely does not have great acceleration.

huh? His acceleration was on point. it looked as if he gassed out at the end of that run. Every return he hit the hole fast. not sure why you think his acceleration isnt great.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

bucs63

Starter
#20 : August 11, 2012, 02:14:29 PM

Tired legs , perhaps ?? The guy is from Utah afterall ,and it's been a hot intense camp.

Jason, I'd say tired legs. The 74-yarder was after he was in at RB. I wouldn't hit the panic button about his speed. He also ran behind the 3rd team OLine. Obviously, he'd be more productive with the starters in front on him. Also, JMO, but he could really thrive when the Bucs run a ZBS.
The Miami DB that got him isn't slow either. And the Oline was so bad that the only thing you could judge was how well he takes a hit.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 11, 2012, 02:23:27 PM

Anyone who wonders how he was caught from behind must have been watching a different game.  Twice while breaking tackles he came to a near halt, then had to restart.   It's really not complicated.    He is as fast as advertised.

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 11, 2012, 03:12:09 PM

Anyone who wonders how he was caught from behind must have been watching a different game.  Twice while breaking tackles he came to a near halt, then had to restart.   It's really not complicated.    He is as fast as advertised.

BS. He "restarted" at the Bucs 30 and was caught inside the Dolphins 30......You're telling me he cant get up to top speed in 40+ yards...not buying it. He showed less than advertised speed/acceleration.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#23 : August 11, 2012, 03:14:50 PM

This . +1

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 11, 2012, 03:16:51 PM

I think we will need to see him run the ball better for him to stick with the team. I know Parker messed up that punt return with the fumble and Smith did well returning but Parker can still make plays on the field. Hes proven that. Until we see that Smith can run the ball well I think Parker will return kicks. Smith will go on the practice squad I think.

PewterReportDL

Starter
#25 : August 11, 2012, 03:25:20 PM

I think we will need to see him run the ball better for him to stick with the team. I know Parker messed up that punt return with the fumble and Smith did well returning but Parker can still make plays on the field. Hes proven that. Until we see that Smith can run the ball well I think Parker will return kicks. Smith will go on the practice squad I think.

He wouldn't last 2 days on it before another team tried to pick him up. Smith runs the ball fine at practice behind the starting OLine. More than likely, you won't see him do that in preseason games.

PewterReportDL

Starter
#26 : August 11, 2012, 03:28:27 PM

The Miami DB that got him isn't slow either. And the Oline was so bad that the only thing you could judge was how well he takes a hit.

(Let's see if I did this quote exclusion correctly or if it comes out wonky) I agreed with both your statements. Smith is fast. Period. I've seen the kid play in college and his training tapes. I've got 0 concern about his speed.

TheQ

Starter

#27 : August 11, 2012, 03:31:56 PM

Smith IS fast, quick and looks to make the team as a returner and RB extra.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 11, 2012, 03:33:27 PM

I still like Madu better.  Smith has fine straight line speed but he's not very good as a RB.  Reminds me of when we had Michael Bennett

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 11, 2012, 03:36:16 PM

Remembering right after we picked Smith Dominick was offered a 6th round pick in next year's draft for him, I doubt Smith would even clear waivers. Other teams know about him too...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Smith.......108 yards on two returns « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools