Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not impressed............ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 11, 2012, 12:48:04 PM

How can you be impressed or unimpressed with 1 series by our starting O??

I was more concerned with individual and unit performances.

Impressed

Starting OL: even Dotson held his own against Wake and a good Miami D. We ran the ball with authority.
Underwood: only one game but DAMN
Orlavsky: I know he is at best a game-manager QB but he was patient and allowed plays to develop and all his passes were on target.
Michael Smith: he doesn't fumble (hear that Mr. Parker) and runs with authority. Have we found our new return man?
LaVontae David: all over in limited time

Too soon to tell
Blount and Martin: I really need a few quarters to judge a RB not single series.
Freeman: need more info/snaps to judge a STARTING QB than a backup
Run D: Bush had some runs on us early then we had some HUGE stops
DBs: No Ronde, Talib, or Barron. Wright was decent. Gaitor was close to impressive but he is still physically small.

Needs Work.

D-Front 4: guys look at the ball, not the player when lining up. too many off-sides.
OL depth: run game and pass pro definitely dropped off when the starters came out.
TEs: Aside from Stocker (didn't see Clark) pretty mediocre.

Disappointing

Preston Parker: screw your head on. The PF and the muff are both STUPID mental errors.
2nd and 3rd string DL: no push and no disruption. Tannehill had all day

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 11, 2012, 12:48:37 PM

He has an established reputation as "Mr. Checkdown"..........Why not give him a chance to erase that stigma during this lame azz pre-season......

You dubbed him as mr. Checkdown. I say it was the offense last year. Relax bro its preseason.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 11, 2012, 12:59:11 PM

Freeman didn't really checkdown too often. He completed a good intermediate pass to Stocker. He threw a designed pass to Blount, same with the Mike Williams play. Only checkdown was to Pianalto, and that wasn't that bad.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 11, 2012, 01:04:36 PM

He has an established reputation as "Mr. Checkdown"..........Why not give him a chance to erase that stigma during this lame azz pre-season......

Because FIRST Schiano wanted to establish a "run first, run often, run hard" reputation to this team. Once that is set, then the play action passes will fully remove any perceived "stigma" any casual fans have about Freeman.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 11, 2012, 01:07:44 PM

Never will be with these stupid pre-season scrimmages.......

If the Bucs were blown out by 40-points, I'm sure you'd have drawn some conclusions....negative ones, for sure. 

Lord knows i HATE to agree with Morgan but when she's right, she's right. If they had come out and looked like isht, you'd be doing a lot of complaining DZ. Chillax.... and enjoy the ride.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 11, 2012, 01:10:31 PM

So you're saying you don't really care about pre-season and think it is meaningless? Okay, no one cares. It's football and a lot of us like watching the young guys and seeing how units look in a limited time. This is just a preview for the regular season.

TheQ

Starter

#21 : August 11, 2012, 01:15:38 PM

I'm impressed by the attitude and accountably that Schiano has instilled in the BUCS.
Still stupid penalties, but the run run run for a TD inside the 10 was excellent to see.
GO BUCS

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#22 : August 11, 2012, 01:23:10 PM

Schiano looked overtly nervous at the beginning of the game. I was kind of surprised - but he settled in very quickly. He'll likely be nervous on 9 Sept again, but this hopefully will be old hat for him after a few games are under his belt.  So far I'm very impressed with his coaching style and the culture change that he's brought to the team. Fingers crossed.

TheQ

Starter

#23 : August 11, 2012, 01:35:27 PM

I didn't see any chest bumping on his part, so he should be working on that!!!!!!!!!!! sarcasm intended.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#24 : August 11, 2012, 01:38:15 PM

tapped a few helmets and gave out a lot of knuckles instead

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#25 : August 11, 2012, 01:43:56 PM

They will take the shots down field. I feel like they didn't with Freeman last night for a reason.

Yup.  It's why they did'nt target VJax too.  Lot's of treats for the Kitty Kats on opening day.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 11, 2012, 01:53:07 PM

I like the run attitude........but, Freeman has to establish the deep threat at some point.......and erase Mr. Checkdown.....
Free has to take what the defense gives him and not force anything. If that means checking down to a victory, I'm happy.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

TheQ

Starter

#27 : August 11, 2012, 01:55:22 PM

If it means checking down to a loss, then I am going to be unhappy.
Forget the checkdowns in preseason, throw the ball down field and see if they can catch it. Done deal.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 11, 2012, 02:22:18 PM

If it means checking down to a loss, then I am going to be unhappy.
Forget the checkdowns in preseason, throw the ball down field and see if they can catch it. Done deal.

They will. I heard the other day to expect Freeman not to go downfield in the Miami game they said. Didn't really say why but I think we can figure that out.
: August 11, 2012, 02:24:14 PM BucBalla85

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 14, 2012, 10:31:15 AM

Establish the run game?  In pre-season? How bout we do that Sept. 9th? What's the problem with Freeman taking a few shots downfield in pre-season?  My guess is Schiano doesn't want any other teams realizing what they suspected all along.................He can't do it!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not impressed............ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools