Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Say it isn't so, Donald... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 12, 2012, 12:00:30 PM

Paul Soliai is 6'4" 345.  And he more thick than fat, unlike Penn  340s is too high for a LT.  But Penn has been worse.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#16 : August 12, 2012, 12:40:26 PM

340 is light for Penn, he was up in the 375 range a while back.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#17 : August 12, 2012, 01:02:03 PM

The extra pounds won't affect his pass-pro and much as it will drive blocking.  If Bostad and Schiano say it's a problem then it is.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 12, 2012, 01:13:55 PM

He's rich, can't he afford liposuction?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 12, 2012, 02:03:54 PM

The big problem with 340 is he's gonna have very poor stamina. He'll either be half-arsing plays or coming out of games for a breather way too often. Bostad's O'lines play HARD and physical, unlike Buc's O'lines of the past.

BTW, Penn is listed at 305 on nfl website, which is what WAS on the Bucs website until a few days ago....    http://www.nfl.com/player/donaldpenn/2506706/profile

I've read on here before his weight clause was 330.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 12, 2012, 02:11:03 PM

the weight clause is a joke though. He doesnt get a $600,000 bonus if hes over weight. Im sure the millions of guaranteed money makes up for the money lost at the buffet.

He also hasnt passed his conditioning and it doesnt look like he will anytime soon. I wouldnt be shocked to see him shipped out this year or replaced next year.

The guys is above average when in great shape and drops to below average as his weight goes up and the season goes on. Starting out already a fat ass isnt a good sign at all.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 12, 2012, 02:17:09 PM

I don't think 340lbs is bad for Penn at all. I'm glad they finally changed his weight from the ridiculous 303lbs he has been listed at. He hasn't been 303lbs since high school.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 12, 2012, 02:27:41 PM

I don't think 340lbs is bad for Penn at all. I'm glad they finally changed his weight from the ridiculous 303lbs he has been listed at. He hasn't been 303lbs since high school.

every time he has ballooned up over his weight clause weight, his play has dipped. It would get continually worse as it went on. Thats been the pattern for years now.

How do you think that is not bad for Penn?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 12, 2012, 02:32:53 PM

Well if Penn was listed at 305 and he was closer to 330, if he's now listed at 340 how bloated is he? If he's even 340 he's nearly worthless because bloated up at 330 he's a mess anymore and he's basically George Hegamin-esque.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 12, 2012, 02:34:38 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=Xge3fzPKV6I&NR=1
: August 12, 2012, 02:36:21 PM tatmanfish

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 12, 2012, 02:54:09 PM

"Injured LT Donald Penn met Schiano off the practice field and apparently expressed how eager he is to return from the calf strain he sustained a week before training camp. Penn has been working with trainers for nearly two weeks to rehab the injury, at times dragging heavy weights strapped to a harness."

FWIW seems he is trying to get back as quickly as possible, if it was some crazy number like 50lbs I would be worried. 15lbs? Couple of weeks of practice in the heat and he'll be fine. Maintaining that through out the season is a different story.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 12, 2012, 02:55:43 PM

every time he has ballooned up over his weight clause weight, his play has dipped. It would get continually worse as it went on. Thats been the pattern for years now.

I think changing his listed weight to 340lbs is just being realistic and honest. I think he is comfortable playing at that weight.

I think in the past when his weight has ballooned late in the season he has been upwards of 360lbs. That is bad.

As long as he stays in that 330lbs to 340lbs range, I think he's good to go.

From the articles I have read on the current Penn situation, I think his injury was minor and he is capable of going right now, but Schinao has said no, not until you lose weight and get into better shape. If Penn doesn't get into better shape and maintain it...he might not be here. Schiano obviously doesn't mess around.
: August 12, 2012, 02:58:11 PM JDouble

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 12, 2012, 03:03:26 PM

I think changing his listed weight to 340lbs is just being realistic and honest. I think he is comfortable playing at that weight.

I think in the past when his weight has ballooned late in the season he has been upwards of 360lbs. That is bad.

From the articles I have read on the current Penn situation, I think his injury was minor and he is capable of going right now, but Schinao has said no, not until you lose weight and get into better shape. If Penn doesn't get into better shape and maintain it...he might not be here. Schiano obviously doesn't mess around.

Nothing wrong with that approach and it is exactly what Penn needs. He is a much more productive player at 330-340 lbs than  at 360-370 lbs and he needs to be accoutable for his playing weight. Dotson played well enough to let Penn know he isnt irreplacable.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 12, 2012, 03:05:46 PM

Why do you think they are being honest with his weight all of the sudden?

I'd guess they are still saving a little face for him, just not quite as much.  He still looks bigger than 340lbs to me.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 12, 2012, 03:15:53 PM

thats my point though. If hes already at that weight, what do you think he will be at the end of the year? he came in 2 years ago at his 330 weight clause weight and still ballooned up a bunch by the end of the year. Penn is obviously going to be comfortable playing at any weight. he gets paid either way.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Say it isn't so, Donald... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools