Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Say it isn't so, Donald... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 12, 2012, 03:17:06 PM

I think changing his listed weight to 340lbs is just being realistic and honest. I think he is comfortable playing at that weight.

Why do you think they are being honest with his weight all of the sudden?

I'd guess they are still saving a little face for him, just not quite as much.  He still looks bigger than 340lbs to me.

I agree...which is why I think Schiano isn't letting him practice or play until he gets back to that 330lbs-340lb area. I think 340lbs has been his average when he has been considered in shape, so that is why I think 340lbs is being honest. More honest than 305lbs anyways.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 12, 2012, 03:40:04 PM

Allot of things went bad at the end of the year last year, Penn's weight included, but if you think that will happen this year you must be living under a rock.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 12, 2012, 03:43:56 PM

Allot of things went bad at the end of the year last year, Penn's weight included, but if you think that will happen this year you must be living under a rock.

Really? So with all this new discipline, why didnt Penn come into TC in shape or anywhere near his weight clause? Penn has done this EVERY year. not just last year.

Are you one of those that think Black will magically get better with a new coach as well?

Coaches like Schiano can change the culture of a team, but they wont reach every player. What has Penn showed anyone to make them think he will suddenly tow the line. His weight clause obviously hasnt had an effect on him either.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#33 : August 12, 2012, 04:05:45 PM

if this is true, why is freeman still listed at the same weight.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 12, 2012, 04:42:34 PM

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 12, 2012, 04:55:27 PM

Why does he have so much weight trouble?

Since he's been paid it has gotten worse

There is a wicked disease that some NFL players catch soon after signing a big, long-term contract. It's called "Fat Cat Syndrome". It's a terrible, terrible disease.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 12, 2012, 05:13:31 PM

Why does he have so much weight trouble?

Since he's been paid it has gotten worse

There is a wicked disease that some NFL players catch soon after signing a big, long-term contract. It's called "Fat Cat Syndrome". It's a terrible, terrible disease.

It's a shame he had that problem before the contract and still got it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 12, 2012, 05:57:41 PM

What a slob.  Losing respect for this dude in a major way.  His JOB, his bread and butter, is protecting a QB, and he has got a lot of work to do to be considered a complete LT.  And him weighing in at 360 pounds, give or take, is ridiculous (I am assuming).

At that weight, he will simply not be in good enough cardiovascular shape to be a consistent factor come QTR 4.  He is really letting the team down.

First playing in that stupid basketball league, and then coming in weighing as much as a garbage barge.  SMH.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 12, 2012, 06:27:26 PM

Nicks is listed at 349. Obviously he passed the conditioning test. Does he also have a maximum weight limit? Our whole OL is 300 lbs plus. I remember when there was only one guy in the entire league over 300...Big Daddy Liscomb. Now they're everywhere. At 6'9" Dotson would have been in a sideshow for Barnum& Bailey a century ago. Now most NFL teams have someone that tall, and every NBA team has at least one. It must be something in the water.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 12, 2012, 06:29:20 PM

Nicks is a freak of nature though. 350lbs of solid badass.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 12, 2012, 06:34:41 PM

Their excuse is, "Hey, Frank Okam's still on the team and he has bigger man boobs that me".

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 12, 2012, 06:47:48 PM

Nicks is listed at 349. Obviously he passed the conditioning test. Does he also have a maximum weight limit? Our whole OL is 300 lbs plus. I remember when there was only one guy in the entire league over 300...Big Daddy Liscomb. Now they're everywhere. At 6'9" Dotson would have been in a sideshow for Barnum& Bailey a century ago. Now most NFL teams have someone that tall, and every NBA team has at least one. It must be something in the water.

let me know when Penn is considered top 5 at his position at his 340-360lb weight than you might actually have something.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 12, 2012, 06:48:19 PM

Their excuse is, "Hey, Frank Okam's still on the team and he has bigger man boobs that me".

Moobs!!!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 12, 2012, 07:31:46 PM

Haters gonna hate.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 12, 2012, 07:39:48 PM

Haters gonna hate.

Exactly.. the guy will not win the annual offensive line beauty pageant but he could get the job done. Look at Trueblood, he looks better than Penn but he sucks.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Say it isn't so, Donald... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools