Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Say it isn't so, Donald... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#45 : August 12, 2012, 08:04:27 PM

Nicks appears to have a much more massive bone structure than Penn. Not a lot of fat on Mr. Nicks. Penn is agile on his feet, but we can be sure Schiano is aware of Penn's prior weight issues and resulting declining play as the season progresses. Schiano no doubt knows he needs to get him in the mindset of staying in shape throughout the season, and that starts now, in TC. I totally agree with him in holding Penn out of practice UNTIL he improves his conditioning.
   Schiano said everyone in practice has passed his test, which includes Nicks and Okam. It's "non-negotiable"...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#46 : August 12, 2012, 08:08:32 PM

he might have said that but the very next day all 12 miracously passed.  Think he was just making a statement with the test.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#47 : August 12, 2012, 08:20:26 PM

I am guessing Penn lost 20 to 30 pounds to get down to 340.  Should he get to 325 he might become the player he should be.  JMVHO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#48 : August 12, 2012, 08:26:09 PM

Haters gonna hate.

Exactly.. the guy will not win the annual offensive line beauty pageant but he could get the job done. Look at Trueblood, he looks better than Penn but he sucks.

Look at Jake Long though....not an ounce of fat on that dude and he goes  320

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#49 : August 12, 2012, 09:39:23 PM

Long is also 3 inches taller.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#50 : August 12, 2012, 10:39:02 PM

Nicks is listed at 349. Obviously he passed the conditioning test. Does he also have a maximum weight limit? Our whole OL is 300 lbs plus. I remember when there was only one guy in the entire league over 300...Big Daddy Liscomb. Now they're everywhere. At 6'9" Dotson would have been in a sideshow for Barnum& Bailey a century ago. Now most NFL teams have someone that tall, and every NBA team has at least one. It must be something in the water.

let me know when Penn is considered top 5 at his position at his 340-360lb weight than you might actually have something.

I wasn't trying to make any particular point, or prove anything. It was simply an observation and a question. I was taller than my dad and all of my uncles at just under 6'2". My youngest brother was 3.inches taller than me. His son beat him by another 2 inches. I have 15 grandsons, three are near grown and taller than me. My son is 5'11". Changes in diet have had a drastic effect on people all around the world. The post WWII Japanese averaged 4 inches more than their parents because of the American influence on their diet. We eat things from every corner of the globe these days, where my father probably never ate anything that wasn't home grown until he was 18 and in the military. So many foods we take for granted were exotic and unheard of just a few decades ago.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#51 : August 13, 2012, 01:28:49 AM

What a slob.  Losing respect for this dude in a major way.  His JOB, his bread and butter, is protecting a QB, and he has got a lot of work to do to be considered a complete LT.  And him weighing in at 360 pounds, give or take, is ridiculous (I am assuming).

At that weight, he will simply not be in good enough cardiovascular shape to be a consistent factor come QTR 4.  He is really letting the team down.

First playing in that stupid basketball league, and then coming in weighing as much as a garbage barge.  SMH.

What?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#52 : August 13, 2012, 03:18:23 AM

The what's are a nice semblance of javas posts. Both have no real meaning.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#53 : August 13, 2012, 04:12:50 AM

What a slob.  Losing respect for this dude in a major way.  His JOB, his bread and butter, is protecting a QB, and he has got a lot of work to do to be considered a complete LT.  And him weighing in at 360 pounds, give or take, is ridiculous (I am assuming).

At that weight, he will simply not be in good enough cardiovascular shape to be a consistent factor come QTR 4.  He is really letting the team down.

First playing in that stupid basketball league, and then coming in weighing as much as a garbage barge.  SMH.

What?

What?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Say it isn't so, Donald... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools