Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Blount looks in better shape than Iíve ever seen him in two previous years" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

michael89156

Hall of Famer

ę : August 12, 2012, 08:00:59 PM Ľ

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Stephen Holder

Looking back at #Bucs vs #Dolphins and the running back situation for Tampa Bay, it is refreshing to have an old-fashioned position battle on our hands. There have been too few of those in the past few seasons, when players were winning jobs by default. Thatís a sign of a team that is too thin and lacking in talent. The Bucs have a true battle going between Doug Martin and LeGarrette Blount, and Blount clearly has responded to the challenge with his performance on Friday night.

You have to wonder if he would have taken this same serious approach if not challenged by coach Greg Schiano and gotten a huge wake-up call when the Bucs drafted Martin. Blount looks in better shape than Iíve ever seen him in two previous years of covering him. And thatís the reason heís faster and quicker. Heís applying himself like never before. Why? Because thatís what competition does.

Iíd also call attention to tackle Demar Dotson, who didnít embarrass himself playing left tackle the other night. While Iím not saying heís going to beat out injured Donald Penn, I do think the Bucs are developing him nicely and thatís important given the fact right tackle Jeremy Trueblood is in the final year of his two-year contract.

Depth and competition are key indicators of a competitive football team, and the Bucs have at least a measure of both.

RSS
about 7 minutes ago

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

ę #1 : August 12, 2012, 08:04:35 PM Ľ

LGB looked the part Friday night.  Smooth on the designed swing pass, great on the block, ran in short yardage situations like he should, and he drug **CENSORED**s as well.  Sounds like he finally got his passion for ball back.  I was giddy.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

ę #2 : August 12, 2012, 08:08:42 PM Ľ

Blount definitely looked quicker out there, really exploded out of the gates on that long run. This could be a dynamite RB duo for us!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

ę #3 : August 12, 2012, 08:09:36 PM Ľ

Where is OKCPAC with his silly agenda?

He would busting all over Blount if he would have fumbled or dropped the pass, or missed the block that got Free crushed.

The less we see of PAC, the better the BUCS are.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

ę #4 : August 12, 2012, 08:13:10 PM Ľ

LGB looked the part Friday night.  Smooth on the designed swing pass, great on the block, ran in short yardage situations like he should, and he drug **CENSORED**s as well.  Sounds like he finally got his passion for ball back.  I was giddy.

Wait....are you and HATE the same guy?      j/k

That swing pass to LeGarrette was a thing of beauty, made my night.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

ę #5 : August 12, 2012, 08:15:06 PM Ľ

I have argued with HATE before.  But he is my PR ace, man.  Good dude.  Loves football.  Nuff said.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
ę #6 : August 12, 2012, 08:23:37 PM Ľ

I keep seeing people saying he "looks good again" but I think his supporting cast just executed better. Unlike most, I don't think he lost anything last year. He was the best offensive player in just about every game. His numbers suffered due to Olsen giving half his snaps to Kregg Lumpkin and just being on a crappy team...but he was still a consistent and dynamic player when he got his touches. Also, other than Clayborn, Blount was often the only player on the roster who always seemed to be giving 100% on the flied.

Can't wait to see this duo. Not since Dunn and Alstott have I been anywhere even close to this excited over our running back stable. I honestly believe Martin and Blount could be even better than Dunn and Alstott. Not trying to take anything away from the original thunder lightning. Lord knows I love those two, but I think Martin and Blount have a higher ceiling. Fingers crossed that everyone can stay healthy!

BucD

Hall of Famer

ę #7 : August 12, 2012, 08:23:42 PM Ľ

I'd like to see him hit those holes quicker and harder when they open though.  Like on the 3rd and goal when Nicks just blasted his guy which opened a gap up but was  closed up before Blount got there.

Not too worried about it though...I'm sure the coaches are all over it...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

ę #8 : August 12, 2012, 08:35:48 PM Ľ

Wait....are you and HATE the same guy?      j/k

That swing pass to LeGarrette was a thing of beauty, made my night.

Yea, HATE coined the "draggin **CENSORED**S"...and it seems to have stuck with some of us...

#draggin**CENSORED**s

Hate

Hall of Famer
ę #9 : August 12, 2012, 09:21:01 PM Ľ

LMAO.....It was annoying the hell outta me to hear/read how much better Martin looked that Blount thus far in training camp. What Blount brings to the table doesn't show up in practice. We talkin bout practice, man... practice. There will be no hurdling of a bltch..... can't drag a **CENSORED** at 1Buc.

JDub, i don't think anyone will disagree that Blount looks better, slimmer, quicker.... and that can only be a good thing. Well, until he gets too skinny like Free.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

ę #10 : August 12, 2012, 09:31:35 PM Ľ

He defitnitly looks thinner and faster, looks like he is feeling it out there.  Can't wait to see him run over a few Titans.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
ę #11 : August 12, 2012, 09:55:32 PM Ľ

I don't know man. Maybe he got fat during the season last year or something, but when I saw him in camp last year I was shocked at how cut up he was. He was much more sleek and ripped than I expected him to be...and much taller too.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

ę #12 : August 12, 2012, 09:58:40 PM Ľ

Was in WalMart last night and they were showing his GB run on their tv display loop.
ę : August 12, 2012, 10:03:00 PM Skull and Bones Ľ

chace1986

Hall of Famer

ę #13 : August 12, 2012, 10:19:01 PM Ľ

hurdling of a bltch.....

would  be an excellent event for the 2016 Olympic games...I'd watch.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

ę #14 : August 12, 2012, 10:19:50 PM Ľ

Draggin **CENSORED**S and HURDLIN blitches....love it!

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Blount looks in better shape than Iíve ever seen him in two previous years" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools