Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson: Josh Freeman is a top 5 QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

« : August 13, 2012, 04:09:16 PM »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/13/vincent-jackson-josh-freeman-a-top-5-quarterback/

Standing up for teammates is noble and admirable. Until it makes a mockery of logic and reason, that is.

Bucs wide receiver Vincent Jackson was comparing his old Chargers teams to his new digs, and then he started in with the crazy talk.

“We were a little more flashy as far as the names go [in San Diego], but I think we’re just as talented here all the way across the board.” Jackson said, via Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay times. “We have tight ends, running backs and obviously,Josh Freeman, and he’s a quarterback I think should be mentioned among the top five in the league.”

If the sentence is: “Josh Freeman is not among the top five in the league,” then yes.

Let’s call the roll for a moment.

Tom Brady. Aaron Rodgers. Drew Brees. Eli Manning. Maybe his brother Peyton too.

And that doesn’t even get you into the Philip Rivers/Ben Roethlisberger/Matt Stafford class, or even into the next neighborhood which gets you Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Cam Newton, Tony Romo, Matt Schauband the like.

There’s 13 off the top of my head, and whether you quibble with the order or the inclusions, there’s no empirical way to chop that list to five names and include Freeman.

Although I’m sure he appreciates his teammates having his back.

I like hearing our guys having each other's back, but V-Jax is going a little too far here. Freeman isn't even in the top 10, however, he could be by the end of the year. We added weapons, got a new OC and Freeman has a full off-season to work with this season. I'm really hoping and thinking Freeman will break out this year and emerge into a top 10 QB in the NFL.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

« #1 : August 13, 2012, 04:15:08 PM »

Agreed. Love the confidence from Jackson, but we need to actually show something on the field when it counts first. Nicks has gotten a little too comfortable with the media for my liking as well.
« : August 13, 2012, 04:32:43 PM FreeHawk »

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #2 : August 13, 2012, 04:18:32 PM »

That's what I'm talkin bout V-Jax !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #3 : August 13, 2012, 04:22:07 PM »

He should of said.....Free has the POTENTIAL to be top 5.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Theoldbuc

Starter

« #4 : August 13, 2012, 04:24:20 PM »

That's what I'm talkin bout V-Jax !

+1

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #5 : August 13, 2012, 04:24:37 PM »

I like what he said. Showing big confidence in his QB. Good stuff. Now go out and do it Free!!

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
« #6 : August 13, 2012, 04:26:38 PM »

Nothing wrong with saying it.....now just go out and prove it.  The pieces are in place for a bounceback year but all that matters is what he does on Sundays and if it results in Ws

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #7 : August 13, 2012, 04:26:44 PM »

Totally agree....it's hard to say anything positive about this team without inserting the word "potential" in the sentence...and rightfully so.

nice sig BTW. lol

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #8 : August 13, 2012, 04:29:30 PM »

Totally agree....it's hard to say anything positive about this team without inserting the word "potential" in the sentence...and rightfully so.

nice sig BTW. lol

Dude.....you are going to get me in trouble with the better half again.     LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

jlr0714

Starter
« #9 : August 13, 2012, 04:29:46 PM »

It was Jackson, not Nicks....and I would bet that his implication is that Freeman has the talent to be top 5.   That may or may not have been what he actually said...but don't mock him for believing in his own QB.     I've noticed that most/all of the PFT writers have something catty to say anytime they are talking about the Bucs.   Did someone in Tampa pee in their Cheerios or something?

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #10 : August 13, 2012, 04:36:48 PM »

Stafford is considered good now? Eh..

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

« #11 : August 13, 2012, 04:40:20 PM »

It was Jackson, not Nicks....and I would bet that his implication is that Freeman has the talent to be top 5.   That may or may not have been what he actually said...but don't mock him for believing in his own QB.     I've noticed that most/all of the PFT writers have something catty to say anytime they are talking about the Bucs.   Did someone in Tampa pee in their Cheerios or something?

I edited my post for clarity. I was referring to article about Nicks that was posted the other day.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #12 : August 13, 2012, 04:42:58 PM »

nice sig BTW. lol

Dude.....you are going to get me in trouble with the better half again.     LOL

Again?? lol....that one is pretty tame...she has anything to say...blame it square on "that chace guy"...

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
« #13 : August 13, 2012, 05:52:31 PM »

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

« #14 : August 13, 2012, 05:58:28 PM »

Stafford is considered good now? Eh..

I know right? People are too quick with the praise nowadays.  When did throwing for 5,000 yards and 40 touchdowns in a single season qualify as being good?

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson: Josh Freeman is a top 5 QB « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools