Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson: Josh Freeman is a top 5 QB « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#105 : August 15, 2012, 06:18:37 PM

First three years. Eli had good coaching and same offense. Freeman had two different offenses and horrible coaching.

Name............Games.......Yards......TDs......Ints.....Rating

Eli Manning........41...........8049.......54.........44......69.43   (1276 attempts/690 completions (52.9%)

Josh Freeman....41...........8900.......51.........46......79.0    (1316 attempts/796 completions (60.5%)

Plus Freeman has almost 800 yards rushing and 4 rushing TDs. Just putting things into perspective.

whoa, whoa, whoa. making too much sense with those numbers. Freeman is supposed to suck. You cant throw out stuff to make people think.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#106 : August 15, 2012, 06:22:52 PM

The thing that jumps out about 2009 is that they didn't give him any reps. So he wasn't just a rookie, but an untrained one. I don't think the numbers really meant anything.

In Verner We Trust

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#107 : August 15, 2012, 06:23:35 PM

...and we have Eli's QB coach now. So I really don't get how some people can't see the potential. Our offense is set. If we can keep our staff, this group of guys will get better and better. Just need to keep adding play makers on defense and we could be legit.

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#108 : August 15, 2012, 06:28:20 PM

First three years. Eli had good coaching and same offense. Freeman had two different offenses and horrible coaching.

Name............Games.......Yards......TDs......Ints.....Rating

Eli Manning........41...........8049.......54.........44......69.43   (1276 attempts/690 completions (52.9%)

Josh Freeman....41...........8900.......51.........46......79.0    (1316 attempts/796 completions (60.5%)

Plus Freeman has almost 800 yards rushing and 4 rushing TDs. Just putting things into perspective.

Fair enough. Eli didn't start to play at a really high level until year 5.

He's been a starter for two seasons. One was great, one was bad....so obviously he sucks and his great season was a fluke. Duh.

He started the majority of the games in 2009...that year counts.

That's two bad seasons....

I am of the mind that will have a good year and still is probably "the guy"...but lets not cherry-pick.

he didnt start until week 9 his rookie year i believe. so id say 1.5 season bad, 1 good.

That's fair.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#109 : August 15, 2012, 06:28:43 PM

...and we have Eli's QB coach now. So I really don't get how some people can't see the potential. Our offense is set. If we can keep our staff, this group of guys will get better and better. Just need to keep adding play makers on defense and we could be legit.
I agree but windows close fast in the NFL.  We need at least 4 really big upgrades on the D side and quickly.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#110 : August 15, 2012, 06:32:40 PM

I think the biggest difference between 2010 and 2011 is that we had no 3rd down back. I'm not a fan of Caddie, but he had about 50 receptions in 2010 and it was great for Freeman. It's huge for a QB to have a dependable dump off who not only buys him extra time, but when everything breaks down it gives him an easy dump off for positive yards. Ask Eli how he feels about Bradshaw, or Flacco about Rice, or Brees/Rivers about Sproles, or Cutler about Forte. It is HUGE.

In 2010 Graham went down and Olson refused to try Blount, so Freeman had Kregg Freakin Lumpkin and it killed him.  Lumpkin was ranked as the WORST 3rd down back in the entire league last year. That hurts.

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#111 : August 15, 2012, 06:35:45 PM

Fair enough. Eli didn't start to play at a really high level until year 5.

Which, if you listen to guys like Polian, Kirwin, and Gill.....QBs don't truly come into their own until year five. Freeman is just getting ready for year four.

Draft Aaron Donald

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#112 : August 16, 2012, 02:13:48 AM

If anything, Dallas Clark would be "that" kind of signing.
Dallas Clark plays the game the way it was meant to be played.

No disagreement there. Just saying he would be the guy to bring in the would-be racist white guys.

Otherwise, Stocker and "super back" are the only guys the white racists could root for on this team, but they don't have the fame Clark brings.

So of course those same **CENSORED**s are clamoring over the thought of a "Welker like" signing.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#113 : August 16, 2012, 05:30:34 AM

This is the white guy we need to trade for.  Offer up Benn.  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1299177-dolphins-second-year-wr-chris-hogan-becoming-new-hard-knocks-star

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#114 : August 16, 2012, 06:09:19 AM

No disagreement there. Just saying he would be the guy to bring in the would-be racist white guys.

Otherwise, Stocker and "super back" are the only guys the white racists could root for on this team, but they don't have the fame Clark brings.

So of course those same **CENSORED**s are clamoring over the thought of a "Welker like" signing.

So in other words, you would prefer the entire roster to be black.    Interesting.     

Most of us just cheer for the player, not the color of his skin.    They are wearing helmets and uniforms, so you can't really see them anyway!

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#115 : August 16, 2012, 03:03:09 PM

So in other words, you would prefer the entire roster to be black.    Interesting.     

Most of us just cheer for the player, not the color of his skin.    They are wearing helmets and uniforms, so you can't really see them anyway!
What?
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson: Josh Freeman is a top 5 QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools