Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson: Josh Freeman is a top 5 QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 13, 2012, 07:24:15 PM

I didn't watch enough of the Lions last year to notice, but now that I watch his highlights....he had all day most of the time. When did the Lions get a dominant O-line?

McCoy93

Starter

#31 : August 13, 2012, 07:25:02 PM

being able to go through progressions i'll take stafford

Is throwing the ball to megatron when he's open , or throwing a jump-ball to megatron when he's covered considered a "progression" ??

i like Stafford as the more pure passer. I compared that 09 QBS to the 04 QBs. Stafford is Rivers and Freeman is big ben
: August 13, 2012, 07:31:31 PM Benn17

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 13, 2012, 07:28:59 PM

Watch how nice of a pocket Stafford has in his highlights, then watch Freeman's in his 2010 highlights. Big Difference.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#33 : August 13, 2012, 09:13:39 PM

By this logic that would mean Orlovsky is the best in the NFL. Clearly he is not but Orlovsky at least has potential. Not giving him a chance could be one of the biggest mistakes in buccaneer history.

What?

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#34 : August 13, 2012, 09:17:04 PM

Freeman is not top 5.  He needs to string together top 5 seasons to be top 5

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#35 : August 13, 2012, 09:51:11 PM

With statements like this, V-Jax is BEGGING to be drug tested!!!

I mean, I like the confidence in his QB and all, but.........

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 13, 2012, 10:18:47 PM

With statements like this, V-Jax is BEGGING to be drug tested!!!

I mean, I like the confidence in his QB and all, but.........

People look at Freeman, and they see a football player with the mobility of Donovan McNabb, the arm of Doug Williams, and the evasiveness of Ben Roethlisberger.  From everything we've heard (and a bit of what we've seen), Josh has the tools to be as good as he wants to be.  That, I think, leads to a lot of unwarranted praise.  If talent alone won Super Bowls and punched a ticket to Canton, make room for Jeff George, Tim Couch, and JaMarcus Russell.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#37 : August 13, 2012, 10:32:15 PM

When he said Freeman was a top 5 QB, maybe he meant in the NFC South?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 13, 2012, 10:45:51 PM

By this logic that would mean Orlovsky is the best in the NFL. Clearly he is not but Orlovsky at least has potential. Not giving him a chance could be one of the biggest mistakes in buccaneer history.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 13, 2012, 10:49:30 PM

When he said Freeman was a top 5 QB, maybe he meant in the NFC South?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 13, 2012, 11:29:35 PM

In 2010 Freeman had great stats on a young inexperienced team crippled by injuries with poor coaching and a pathetic scheme. Since his TD to interception ratio was ranked 9th all time in the history of the league, I seriously doubt any QB now active could have done any better under those circumstances. He may not be a top 5 QB right now, but does anyone here doubt the possibility in the near future? I don't, and there is not one QB in the history of this franchise that I would rather have than Josh Freeman. The only one I would even consider is Steve Young and he sucked on a bad Bucs team. There's no reason to think he would have been any different with the 2010 team. Does anyone here believe Tom Brady would have even reached the playoffs if he was QB for the Bucs last year? Not even Javaray or his twin would be that stupid.

I will always believe that if the Jets had drafted Freeman, they would have at least played in one SB. Vincent Jackson is supporting his QB. That's more than some of the "fans" on this board can say.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 13, 2012, 11:36:12 PM

Josh may or may not be a top-five QB in this league at some point. Remember that he finished ranked SIXTH in QB rating in 2010, so it's not that ludicrous that it could happen. But I'm fairly certain that Rick Stroud will never be one of the top five writers in the NFL. People not on top-five lists shouldn't throw stones.

In Verner We Trust

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 13, 2012, 11:38:41 PM

Josh may or may not be a top-five QB in this league at some point. Remember that he finished ranked SIXTH in QB rating in 2010, so it's not that ludicrous that it could happen. But I'm fairly certain that Rick Stroud will never be one of the top five writers in the NFL. People not on top-five lists shouldn't throw stones.

lol, Stroud isnt even top 5 in tampa

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 13, 2012, 11:51:35 PM

It's about consistency. Freeman was a top 10 QB in 2010, then he sucked in 2011. Stafford was a top 5 QB in 2011....but he sucked as a rookie and missed almost his entire sophmore year due to injury. Neither guy has shown the consistency to be considered great yet. Same goes for Newton.

Hate to say it, and I'm sure I'll be flamed for saying it, but when you look at consistency.....Matt Ryan is the best young QB. He isn't great, but he is consistently good.

Thats a fair and accurate statement.

McCoy93

Starter

#44 : August 13, 2012, 11:56:18 PM

The only problem i have with Ryan is playoff performance. Matty ice melts when the stakes are high
: August 13, 2012, 11:58:53 PM Benn17
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson: Josh Freeman is a top 5 QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools