Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: controlling your wife/gf during game « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #30 : August 14, 2012, 04:33:26 PM »

My wife has our other season ticket!

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

« #31 : August 14, 2012, 04:35:16 PM »

With the regular season fast approaching lets not forget that even though football is priority number #1, our little ladies still require attention or something shiney to look at.
Being a veteran in the game and all, my ol lady has the kids dressed for church before the 1oclockgame kickoff and I don't see them until the sunday night game.
Depending on the college matchups and whatever mindnumbing activity my wife has dialed up last minute, we still haggle over saturdays but sundays is when God rest and since man was made in his awesome image, it would behoove me not to rest as well.
so anyway, what are some of you guys tricks of the trade of keeping your man cave estrogen free on fall sundays?

+1 lol. Classic.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #32 : August 14, 2012, 04:48:30 PM »

lol thread.

Yea..the wife pretty much knew that I was all about football when we first started dating and she knows whats up. She'll go hang with friends or chill with her mom on Sunday afternoons. I usually catch most big time Saturday night college matchups as well, without getting any grief. She likes to shop and read...so I bought her a kindle and little miss independent likes to put stuff on her own cards so...can't beat that...

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
« #33 : August 14, 2012, 04:48:38 PM »

get her a boy friend/pool boy/ girl friend.. what ever she's into.

Me? Well my wife is from Pittsburgh so I don't have to worry about it, Shes a bigger NFL fan than me.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #34 : August 14, 2012, 04:53:10 PM »

Me? Well my wife is from Pittsburgh so I don't have to worry about it, Shes a bigger NFL fan than me.

My flag has been driven into the "panocha" and I have claimed that territory...no one touches that, but me....guy or girl...

...now if she invites another girl to be a flag holder...thats another story...

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #35 : August 14, 2012, 04:54:08 PM »

My flag has been driven into the "panocha" and I have claimed that territory...no one touches that, but me....guy or girl...

LMAO

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

« #36 : August 14, 2012, 05:01:52 PM »

You're my hero.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #37 : August 14, 2012, 05:27:42 PM »

I thought this thread was going to be about the extremely loud over zealous female football fans. They are usually Steeler fans and fat. Why? Just....why?
man I hate that **CENSORED**. Just when you think it's safe to let women in a sports bar they go and remind us why they were off limts in the 1st place.
If they're not stuffing there pie holes with fried cheese, they're screaming at the wrong time or arguing with a waitress.
You would think there's a dishwasher to load or carpet to vacuum.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

stormsct

Starter

« #38 : August 14, 2012, 05:30:23 PM »

Guess Im blessed to have a wife who LOVES football.
Yep, me, too. She loves having football playing on the TV and/or computer.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #39 : August 14, 2012, 05:35:44 PM »

Football is my escape. I would HATE life if my wife loved football.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

« #40 : August 14, 2012, 05:42:14 PM »

You guys are too funny.  LMAO.  Thanks.  I needed a good laugh today.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #41 : August 14, 2012, 05:43:58 PM »

Football is my escape. I would HATE life if my wife loved football.

911: "This is 9-1-1, what is your emergency?"

Mrs. Jdub: " Help, my husband has hung himself with his customized Chad Spann Buc jersey...!"

911: "Help is on the way...just stay calm.."

Mrs. Jdub: "I knew I shouldn't have gotten us tickets to the preseason game vs the Titans...and should not have shown him my new ladies Lavonte David jersey..."

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #42 : August 14, 2012, 05:50:39 PM »

Football is my escape. I would HATE life if my wife loved football
+1. My wife is a girly girl so even when she tried to get into it, i knew it would end bad for her. She lost interest before the 2nd qrtr and spent the rest of the rest of the game trying to wrestle her head from my lap. Now when she hears the fox nfl intro she grabs her keys and gets lost. I sure showed her.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #43 : August 14, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »

This thread is interesting because, as silly as we can be on this subject, I in all seriousness actually have somewhat of a problem with this. I've known my girlfriend for nearly 5 years now. It's a long distance relationship so we communicate over the 'net and talk pretty much every single day, but since I started watching football, whenever Sunday rolls around she will pout and get annoyed at the very idea I could even watch it. She HATES sports with a passion. Doesn't see the point in it--hell--SHE'S FROM WISCONSIN!! Yknow, Packer land? THE LAND WHERE FOOTBALL IS A RELIGION TO THAT STATE? --she even witnessed the celebration when Rodgers won it all, ans she found it annoying! SHE FOUND TITLE TOWN ITSELF ANNOYING!! Think about that! lol.

Anyway, it makes me sad because I usually try to involve her in as much of my life as the circumstances in the relationship will allow, but when Sunday comes she just feels so rejected...I don't wan't to ignore her, I really don't, but it's hard to keep the chat open AND look at the game, so i'll leave her waiting for long periods of time and it pisses her off...much to my dismay.

I know, you can make the argument that I need Sunday to myself and I spend more than enough time with her that she shouldn't complain, but I love her also and I do it because she makes me happy. I just hate seeing it upset her and I wish there was a way I could get her to not feel left out, but she HATES sports and I am willing to bet it'd just make her miserable.

Danged if ya do, Danged if ya don't....*Sigh*
« : August 14, 2012, 06:00:39 PM Beatles123 »

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

« #44 : August 14, 2012, 05:56:05 PM »

I just married an awesome woman that understands how happy watching football on Sundays makes me.
On most days, the family is here which is great because I can have the best of both worlds.
Would be nice if the kids were more interested but I have two young girls so their interests lie elsewhere.

Turn the page.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: controlling your wife/gf during game « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools