Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs/Titans blacked out. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : August 14, 2012, 08:33:19 PM

If the Bucs didn't force STH to buy preseason tix as part of the season package - doubt if they'd get 20k in there.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 14, 2012, 08:35:35 PM

wait wtf? i thought they didnt bother with blackout rules for preseason? almost every preseason game has been empty that ive watched

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 14, 2012, 08:41:30 PM

Take it as a sign that Tampa games will be blacked out locally just as it was last year.

Yeah...cause preseason games around the country always sell out.....right?
Tampa couldn't even reach 85%. Yea, that should say something about those assjack fans with excuses.

You are special..

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 14, 2012, 08:43:09 PM

We'll be fine.There is a higher level of progess than last season...baby steps. Next step is winning.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 14, 2012, 08:54:50 PM

Pretty dumb rule.   Peeps are supposed to pay their hard earned money, to go see scrubs play?  Most who won't even make the squad.

They should be free, to garner more interest in the team, or charge $10 or something to cover expenses.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 14, 2012, 09:15:44 PM

wait wtf? i thought they didnt bother with blackout rules for preseason? almost every preseason game has been empty that ive watched

Other than a few teams like the Packers, nobody comes close to selling out their preseason games.

Draft Aaron Donald

Stratobuc

Starter
#21 : August 14, 2012, 09:18:52 PM

Who else would blackout a crappy preseason game played mostly by backups and other players who will surely be cut? I've been watching the NFL on TV since the early 60's, and this is the only team I've ever seen blackout a damn preseason game.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 14, 2012, 09:20:48 PM

Who else would blackout a crappy preseason game played mostly by backups and other players who will surely be cut? I've been watching the NFL on TV since the early 60's, and this is the only team I've ever seen blackout a damn preseason game.

It is an NFL policy, not a Buccaneer policy. Lots o f other teams have blacked out preseason games. Most of them in fact. Unless the owners buy out all the unsold tickets like the Jaguars new owner did last week.
: August 14, 2012, 09:26:29 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 14, 2012, 09:26:18 PM

It is an NFL policy, not a Buccaneer policy. Lots o f other teams have blacked out preseason games. Most of them in fact.

Ya its the league, not the Bucs.   And as much revenue as the league produces every year ....you would think they could throw the fans a bone.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 14, 2012, 10:10:13 PM

Im trying to practically give my tickets away since I can make it and no one will take them at less than half of face value. You think a fan of a team would love to see a preseason game for super cheap. Youd think they would love a chance to get to see the bubble players or new guys perform live.

Bucs fans suck....flat out, plain and simple. There is no denying it or excuse that says otherwise. They flat out blow hard chunks. I moved 1300 miles to buy season tix and get to see my favorite team play every sunday. People wont even pay $35 for good seats for a preseason game when they live right in town. Pathetic.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 14, 2012, 10:41:59 PM

Heyhey, not all fans suck.

Tickets Smickets! No, that's not right...Sch....Schmickets! Yeah, Tickets Schmickets! We will overcome this struggle and fill the stadium again...with BUC FANS...I believe that!!

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 14, 2012, 10:54:53 PM

Heyhey, not all fans suck.

Tickets Smickets! No, that's not right...Sch....Schmickets! Yeah, Tickets Schmickets! We will overcome this struggle and fill the stadium again...with BUC FANS...I believe that!!

we fill the stadium when big market teams come because their fans travel well. any other time, not so much. Just look at the Giants playoff game when the beloved Gruden was still coach.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 14, 2012, 11:02:35 PM

I refuse to give up on it Tat. These fans DO care. I've seen them care. They may not care right now, but they will again.

BucHorn

Rookie

#28 : August 14, 2012, 11:11:37 PM

Other than a few teams like the Packers, nobody comes close to selling out their preseason games.

The Texans do however it's because they force the season ticket holders to buy them and almost every seat is owned by season ticket holders. When I had season tix to the Texans I couldn't give away preseason games either. Many times I would end up eating them because no one would take them and I didn't want to drive 5 hours in one day to see scrubs.

I am considering coming down Friday night only because I just moved here and have never been to RJS.

As for the game on tape delay in Orlando I have not seen that on the TV listings. However if you have the NFL Network at some point they will show the game. If I don't make it down Friday I will just stream it if is up on the usual sites.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#29 : August 14, 2012, 11:20:32 PM

The Bucs sold out all of their pre-season games from 1999 through 2009.   Raheem destroyed that.   

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs/Titans blacked out. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools