Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Patriots sign Demps « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

buchead

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 17, 2012, 03:16:22 PM

Brilliant decision by him. He becomes the immediate replacement for Welker, who didnt get that long term contract and could be gone after this year. As good as Welker has been he is a 4.5 guy at best. If this kid can polish up on routes while learning this season, he will be the perfect underneath slot to compliment Gronk and Hernandez. Not to mention he can still plays from woodhead who is a small 4.3 guy if Im not mistaken. He just doesnt bust many big plays out of the backfield.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 17, 2012, 03:17:13 PM

if he's so good, why wasn't he drafted?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 17, 2012, 03:19:00 PM

not saying hes good, but he wasnt drafted because he didnt declare for the draft. He wanted to do track and possibly enter the olympics...which he did.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 17, 2012, 03:22:15 PM

can't teams draft whoever they want as long as you've met the requirement of 3 years out of high school? Hell, I'm pretty sure they could draft you if they wanted to

Havok904

Starter

#19 : August 17, 2012, 03:25:50 PM

not saying hes good, but he wasnt drafted because he didnt declare for the draft. He wanted to do track and possibly enter the olympics...which he did.

he was rated to go 4th round to 7th....

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#20 : August 17, 2012, 03:29:36 PM

I called this one a day or two ago.  Just makes sense.  Crowded on our team at receiver and rb positions.  Proven championship caliber team in NE.  Taking a flight (reported to be non football related) to Boston.  The next player(s) we pick up should be on the D side of the ball.  If it is on offense maybe a lineman.  I don't remember ever saying this but I think we're good at the skill positions (I hope so anyway) for now.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 17, 2012, 03:30:17 PM

can't teams draft whoever they want as long as you've met the requirement of 3 years out of high school? Hell, I'm pretty sure they could draft you if they wanted to

they can, if youve declared. Even if a declaration isnt required, would you spend a pick on guy that didnt want to play football. What if he decided to stick with track for another 4 years?

it would be a complete waste.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 17, 2012, 04:09:21 PM

didnt jeff samardzija get drafted even though he said he was gonna play in the mlb instead? I'm pretty sure there's been a few multi-sport athletes who get drafted based on the fact that if they do change their mind it's better than if they drafted some low reward camp fodder in the 7th round.

If he was truly talented enough that he deserved four threads on the main page and multiple pewter report articles made about his every move as if he was albert haynesworth in the 09 free agency or brett favre in 08, than there's no reason he shouldn't have been drafted. But alas, he's just a guy who never got more than 100 carries in a single season in college. I predict he's nothing more than practice squad material at best, and most likely he's dropped in either the first or second round of pre-season cuts

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 17, 2012, 04:21:12 PM

Nobody would be dumb enough to draft a guy that clearly stated he doesnt want to play (for you). Right Hugh?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 17, 2012, 05:07:35 PM

didnt jeff samardzija get drafted even though he said he was gonna play in the mlb instead?

Nope.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 17, 2012, 05:38:26 PM

Brilliant decision by him. He becomes the immediate replacement for Welker, who didnt get that long term contract and could be gone after this year. As good as Welker has been he is a 4.5 guy at best. If this kid can polish up on routes while learning this season, he will be the perfect underneath slot to compliment Gronk and Hernandez. Not to mention he can still plays from woodhead who is a small 4.3 guy if Im not mistaken. He just doesnt bust many big plays out of the backfield.

What? He's not a WR, he's an RB who caught around 50 total balls at UF in 4 years. He's not an immediate replacement for Welker.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 17, 2012, 05:55:14 PM

I predict he's nothing more than practice squad material at best, and most likely he's dropped in either the first or second round of pre-season cuts

I'd bet against that, easy money.

McCoy93

Starter

#27 : August 17, 2012, 05:56:36 PM

no big deal; no big loss

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 17, 2012, 05:59:24 PM

didnt jeff samardzija get drafted even though he said he was gonna play in the mlb instead?

Nope.
I was Thinking he wasn't drafted.  Was going to even look it up.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 17, 2012, 06:21:55 PM

I predict he's nothing more than practice squad material at best, and most likely he's dropped in either the first or second round of pre-season cuts

I'd bet against that, easy money.

please tell me what he's done to warrant all this hype...Hint: you can't bring up anything college football related, because he was non-existent in college football.

less than 400 carries in 4 YEARS as a RB.

It can't be his size either, as he's extremely undersized by nfl standards. Atleast players like dunn and sproles had the production to back it up

It can't be his knowledge of football either considering he went to bust university aka florida where they run the spread and breed players who can't make it at the next level

so what is it? his speed? Better track runners than him have tried and failed in the NFL. Hell, this kid didn't even break 10 seconds on the 100 meters. People are in the 9.6's now. He'd only be considered track fast back in the 80's
: August 17, 2012, 06:24:53 PM barbernbrooks
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Patriots sign Demps « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools