Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Patriots sign Demps « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 17, 2012, 06:36:18 PM

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 17, 2012, 06:48:18 PM

I predict he's nothing more than practice squad material at best, and most likely he's dropped in either the first or second round of pre-season cuts

I'd bet against that, easy money.

please tell me what he's done to warrant all this hype...Hint: you can't bring up anything college football related, because he was non-existent in college football.

less than 400 carries in 4 YEARS as a RB.

It can't be his size either, as he's extremely undersized by nfl standards. Atleast players like dunn and sproles had the production to back it up

It can't be his knowledge of football either considering he went to bust university aka florida where they run the spread and breed players who can't make it at the next level

so what is it? his speed? Better track runners than him have tried and failed in the NFL. Hell, this kid didn't even break 10 seconds on the 100 meters. People are in the 9.6's now. He'd only be considered track fast back in the 80's

Who is saying he's going to be a 20+ carry guy?  Darren Sproles had less then 400 carries in college to, guess who is undersized just like Demps? He didn't break 10 seconds on the 100 meters? Who gives a fu*k. How about 15 touchdowns of 20+ yards, how about avg over 6 yards a carry for his college career, in the SEC no less. It does not matter now he's a Patriot, and he will start the regular season as their KR for sure.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 17, 2012, 06:52:54 PM

Well to be fair he didn't earn that 6+ ypc vs the SEC defenses - well I guess Kentucky and Vandy but he ripped up a lot of the pre-season teams like FAU and their ilk. Frankly, long speed will get you places in college because if you get a whole you can just run away from guys but in the NFL you turn into Trung Candidate or Michael Bennett where the occasional time you can rip a long run off is dwarfed by your total ineffectiveness the rest of the time.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 17, 2012, 07:21:03 PM

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 17, 2012, 09:18:46 PM

Jeffery Demps ‏@jeffdemps7
To everyone wondering, yes it's true I'm now a new England patriot. Glad to be apart of the team. It's truly an honor. #Godisgreat
Retweeted by Stephen Holder

richbucsfan

Starter

#35 : August 17, 2012, 09:47:36 PM

signed with a winner

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 17, 2012, 10:06:04 PM

"No-hemy" Baltodano...gotta be a joke in there somewhere....

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 17, 2012, 10:21:49 PM

Jeffery Demps ‏@jeffdemps7
To everyone wondering, yes it's true I'm now a new England patriot. Glad to be apart of the team. It's truly an honor. #Godisgreat
Retweeted by Stephen Holder

Good luck, Mr. Demps during your scrimmages with the Bucs this week.  ;D

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 21, 2012, 10:41:52 AM

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000052491/

Draft Aaron Donald

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#39 : August 21, 2012, 10:49:40 AM

Saw this signing coming. Bill B has a UF connection when Meyer was there and already has quite a few Gators on the Pats. If your a free agent and can choose your destination why not choose the best team in the league that is the model of consistency and has a coaching staff that can develop players and put you in the position to succeed?

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 21, 2012, 10:52:45 AM

If you read the link I just posted, it sounds like he chose the Patriots because they gave him a signing bonus and guaranteed money... Which undrafted free agents don't usually get.

Draft Aaron Donald

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#41 : August 21, 2012, 10:59:04 AM

If you read the link I just posted, it sounds like he chose the Patriots because they gave him a signing bonus and guaranteed money... Which undrafted free agents don't usually get.

And $$$ helps make your choice even easier.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Madman

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 21, 2012, 11:57:23 AM

That made the decision an easy one.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 21, 2012, 06:45:35 PM

Can't fault the young man for going with that offer...Belichick will find a way to utilize his speed and in a couple years other teams will wish they'd given him some up-front cash.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 25, 2013, 10:14:53 AM

Track a priority for Jeff Demps in 2013

Eight months ago, the Patriots lured Olympian and versatile football player Jeff Demps to New England, signing him to a three-year contract, ostensibly to serve as the team's kick returner.

But Demps was placed on injured reserve with a leg injury not long after he was signed, and he didn't play a single regular-season snap.

And it sounds like he might not be suiting up for the Patriots again any time soon.

In a recent interview with Sports Talk Florida, Demps and fellow Olympic track and field medalist Justin Gatlin were asked about trying to be two-sport athletes track and football. Gatlin unsuccessfully tried to make it in the NFL, participating in the Buccaneers' rookie camp in 2007, while he was serving a four-year track ban for doping.

It looked like things would be different for Demps after singing with the Patriots ... except that a few weeks ago he informed them that he wanted to return to the track.

Demps was asked about trying to be a two-sport athlete, but seems less than committed to returning to football.

"If I'm not able to do football anymore, it's kind of like I'm opening up a different chapter in my life if it's on the track and field side," he said. "I'd be a rookie in the (running) game, I still have a lot to learn, even though I did it four years in college and throughout high school but I still haven't seen or ran with any of the big name guys or the top guys in the world, so I'm looking forward to it; I'm definitely looking forward to it."

The host asked Demps how he'd approach Bill Belichick about his choice:

"'Listen coach, I want to do both but in order for me to get where I want to be on the track and field side, it will take a full year of preparation, and after the (track) season, if you guys are willing to let me come back probably midseason and work out and train and get ready for the season I'll be able to do that, but if not then I guess I'll focus on running,'" Demps said.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/03/demps.html?camp=misc:patriots&SREF=Optin&dlvrit=834384#

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Patriots sign Demps « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools