Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

: August 17, 2012, 08:32:30 PM

I'm sorry guys but, Freeman is a mediocre QB at best. I've given him the benefit of the doubt but, I'm really getting depressed about this team knowing Freeman is the QB. His accuracy still sucks and if his 1st option is covered then you can just forget it. He locks in on the receivers. That TD pass to Mike Williams in the 1st qtr was pathetic and Free is lucky it wasn't returned the other way for a pick 6. I think Orlovsky gives us the best chance to win and I hope they don't put up with Free's BS for too long. I'd give Free 3 games and if he doesn't get the job done then bench him.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#1 : August 17, 2012, 08:36:47 PM

Bucs will regret the day they let Rudy Carpenter go. Freeman just isn't a pro quality QB. Hopefully the rest of the team is good enough to make up for it this year and we can see some good football.

McCoy93

Starter

#2 : August 17, 2012, 08:40:38 PM

some of the concerns i had about freeman reared their ugly head tonight; some of the throws he made  were discouraging too me. if he is medicore i think this regime will draft a qb early to compete with freeman next year

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 17, 2012, 08:42:18 PM

Not impressed with Freeman this game at all.

He should have ran it at least twice, and kept those drives alive, in an effort to build more cohesion, and instead he forces crappy throws into triple coverage, in an effort to get the pass game going?  Pfff...

Free needs to run, and he is doing the franchise a disservice by not doing so.  On on run, he could have extended the drive, ran for a big gain, and ran out of bounds without a hit.  He just looks sloppy, and I am not impressed.

Not at all.

Free is still suffereing from thinking too damned much, rather than realizing the MAIN OBJECTIVE in the game is to GAIN YARDAGE AND SCORE.  Not screw around trying to get something going with wideouts who are not even open.

Just an awful performance by Freeman, and again, he looked cafused.  And for losing all that weight, while he did shake off some defenders, he looked slow. 

This was a D performance by Free. 

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 17, 2012, 08:43:19 PM

Agreed with all the above

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 17, 2012, 08:46:13 PM

Man, why didn't Freeman run in an exhibition game? Damn him!

Amazed at the comments here.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 17, 2012, 08:48:33 PM

Joe, if you want to keep a drive alive, and build confidence, you get a first down.  Instead, he forced a crappy pass into the middle of the field to Mike Williams, rather than run for twenty plus yards (which he CLEARLY had), and stall out the drive.  He can work on his cohesion with the other guys by keeping the team on the field. 

Free was really bad while he was in there.  Nothing he did was quite impressive enough to merit any kudos, trust me.  Unless you are watching it already, you would know this.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#7 : August 17, 2012, 08:50:52 PM

Freeman did not look impressive tonight at all. Hoping he'll play better in the third pre-season game vs. NE.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 17, 2012, 08:55:30 PM

Say what you guys want, but I bet Tampa doesn't get another TD in this game without him.

McCoy93

Starter

#9 : August 17, 2012, 08:56:52 PM

that freeman touchdown was set up by the defense

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 17, 2012, 08:58:30 PM

Joe, if you want to keep a drive alive, and build confidence, you get a first down.  Instead, he forced a crappy pass into the middle of the field to Mike Williams, rather than run for twenty plus yards (which he CLEARLY had), and stall out the drive.  He can work on his cohesion with the other guys by keeping the team on the field. 

Free was really bad while he was in there.  Nothing he did was quite impressive enough to merit any kudos, trust me.  Unless you are watching it already, you would know this.

Watching it live. And I disagree. I'd rather save his runs for real games. No reason to take a chance right now.

Like I said, I'm amazed at some of the comments here. Maybe I shouldn't be.

I'm worried about Free but he's the guy so I'll wait for the real games before I reach for the panic button like some of the posters early in this thread.

Freeman is a mediocre QB at best?

Idiocy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 17, 2012, 09:05:00 PM

He NEEDS to keep those drives alive, and on that one throw to 19, he had acreage in front of him.  He NEEDS to runthat ball, and scoot out of bounds.  He could have easily done that.

And then, he gets more chances to throw the ball, and to get some cohesion going.

Free looked bad out there, he simply did.

Not bailing on him yet, but he was not good this game.  That lob to 19 was not a thing of beauty, unless we are talking about 19's physical graces inhauling in that ball...

Just my opinion, but Free was not good.  He can save those runs for the regular season, much like he did over and over and over and over last year.  Not sure what is going through his head.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#12 : August 17, 2012, 09:06:17 PM

Watching it live. And I disagree. I'd rather save his runs for real games. No reason to take a chance right now.

Like I said, I'm amazed at some of the comments here. Maybe I shouldn't be.

I'm worried about Free but he's the guy so I'll wait for the real games before I reach for the panic button like some of the posters early in this thread.

Freeman is a mediocre QB at best?

Idiocy.
Yeah, Freeman is sitting back thinking I won't run this game. I'll just go with the 3 and outs. He looked absolutely lost tonight. In fact, he looked exactly like he did last year.

McCoy93

Starter

#13 : August 17, 2012, 09:11:13 PM

Ray Rice ran for a 1st down Calvin johnson had over 100 yards receving what are these guys thinking its an exhibition game!!!

McCoy93

Starter

#14 : August 17, 2012, 09:12:44 PM

I would have liked Schiano too have kept the 1st unit offense on a bit longer until they established some sort of rhythm. Doug martin made a nice few runs but other then that the offense looked out of whack
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools