Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

McCoy93

Starter

#15 : August 17, 2012, 09:15:51 PM

Man, why didn't Freeman run in an exhibition game? Damn him!

Amazed at the comments here.
Joe, if you want to keep a drive alive, and build confidence, you get a first down.  Instead, he forced a crappy pass into the middle of the field to Mike Williams, rather than run for twenty plus yards (which he CLEARLY had), and stall out the drive.  He can work on his cohesion with the other guys by keeping the team on the field. 

Free was really bad while he was in there.  Nothing he did was quite impressive enough to merit any kudos, trust me.  Unless you are watching it already, you would know this.

Watching it live. And I disagree. I'd rather save his runs for real games. No reason to take a chance right now.

Like I said, I'm amazed at some of the comments here. Maybe I shouldn't be.

I'm worried about Free but he's the guy so I'll wait for the real games before I reach for the panic button like some of the posters early in this thread.

Freeman is a mediocre QB at best?

Idiocy.
Yeah, Freeman is sitting back thinking I won't run this game. I'll just go with the 3 and outs. He looked absolutely lost tonight. In fact, he looked exactly like he did last year.

I have to agree the freeman i saw tonight was the  2011 freeman; erratic throws and checkdowns

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 17, 2012, 09:21:04 PM

Not impressed with Freeman this game at all.

He should have ran it at least twice, and kept those drives alive, in an effort to build more cohesion, and instead he forces crappy throws into triple coverage, in an effort to get the pass game going?  Pfff...

Free needs to run, and he is doing the franchise a disservice by not doing so.  On on run, he could have extended the drive, ran for a big gain, and ran out of bounds without a hit.  He just looks sloppy, and I am not impressed.

They could always make Blount the QB.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 17, 2012, 09:21:45 PM

Not impressed with Freeman this game at all.

He should have ran it at least twice, and kept those drives alive, in an effort to build more cohesion, and instead he forces crappy throws into triple coverage, in an effort to get the pass game going?  Pfff...

Free needs to run, and he is doing the franchise a disservice by not doing so.  On on run, he could have extended the drive, ran for a big gain, and ran out of bounds without a hit.  He just looks sloppy, and I am not impressed.

They could always make Blount the QB.
Not after having his knee shredded.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 17, 2012, 09:24:35 PM

Is this a real thread? Wow.

gone

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 17, 2012, 09:24:57 PM

I don't there there was a single play tonight that Josh didn't stare someone down.  Horrible night for him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 17, 2012, 09:27:51 PM

I don't there there was a single play tonight that Josh didn't stare someone down.  Horrible night for him.
The announcer, Lynch, even said he was STARING at his receiver (VJ) in an effort to get some cohesion. 

I gotta laugh when I read all this crap about him just throwing the ball in an effort to get some rythmn going with the wideouts. Free needs to throw to guys who are open, run when the lanes present themself, and play football.  He is acting like he is too cool for school.

I am starting to dislike his approach.  And it is evident. 

And for losing all that weight, he doesn't look fast at all.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 17, 2012, 09:30:05 PM

Freeman has been staring down his receivers since he was in Pop Warner. What's the big surprise here?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 17, 2012, 09:35:43 PM

Not a good preview of 2012 for Freeman....like I have said before...IF he repeats 2011....we need to move on.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 17, 2012, 09:42:22 PM

I would have liked Schiano too have kept the 1st unit offense on a bit longer until they established some sort of rhythm. Doug martin made a nice few runs but other then that the offense looked out of whack
I agree. Freeman has always started slow. He led a Td drive on the first drive last week in convincing fashion so I'm not losing sleep over tonights performance.
Next week will be a better indicator of where we are with this offensively. I thought our starting D looked good.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 17, 2012, 09:43:31 PM

Where are all the Dom homers at...one of the worse gm in the nfl

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 17, 2012, 09:53:29 PM

Looks like Freeman's check-down-itis is influencing Dan the Man.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 17, 2012, 09:57:59 PM

Horrible GM.  Said it for a minute now.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 17, 2012, 10:02:57 PM

He NEEDS to keep those drives alive, and on that one throw to 19, he had acreage in front of him.  He NEEDS to runthat ball, and scoot out of bounds.  He could have easily done that.

And then, he gets more chances to throw the ball, and to get some cohesion going.

Free looked bad out there, he simply did.

Not bailing on him yet, but he was not good this game.  That lob to 19 was not a thing of beauty, unless we are talking about 19's physical graces inhauling in that ball...

Just my opinion, but Free was not good.  He can save those runs for the regular season, much like he did over and over and over and over last year.  Not sure what is going through his head.

I said this somewhere here recently and was quickly dismissed but I still feel the 2010 Freeman had TONS of that kind of help from MW19. 2010 was FULL of balls just thrown up for grabs and MW being the one to grab em.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 17, 2012, 10:15:32 PM

Horrible GM.  Said it for a minute now.

Forget Telfon Dom. Call him Coach Killer.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#29 : August 17, 2012, 10:19:24 PM

Tebow was available, but they decided to stick with Freeman.   Dumbest move ever.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools