Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 17, 2012, 10:23:41 PM

He NEEDS to keep those drives alive, and on that one throw to 19, he had acreage in front of him.  He NEEDS to runthat ball, and scoot out of bounds.  He could have easily done that.

And then, he gets more chances to throw the ball, and to get some cohesion going.

Free looked bad out there, he simply did.

Not bailing on him yet, but he was not good this game.  That lob to 19 was not a thing of beauty, unless we are talking about 19's physical graces inhauling in that ball...

Just my opinion, but Free was not good.  He can save those runs for the regular season, much like he did over and over and over and over last year.  Not sure what is going through his head.

I said this somewhere here recently and was quickly dismissed but I still feel the 2010 Freeman had TONS of that kind of help from MW19. 2010 was FULL of balls just thrown up for grabs and MW being the one to grab em.
And you are not incorrect.  Free is not impressive, and is slowly looking like he lacks the mental firepower and will to be a good NFL QB.  He needs to get yards in any way, shape, or form.  He was blessed with the ability to shed people, and throw it a country mile.  Take advantadge.  He needs to run in an effort to make defenses freeze.

He is a fake trying to be a pocket QB.  He needs to run.  If he gets hurt, so be it.  But he is big and strong, and needs to run, because yards are yards, and he cannot afford to pretend like he is a true pocket QB.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 17, 2012, 10:24:39 PM

George Johnson looks like he is not afraid to lay into someone. Unlike a lot of the backups who look like sissies out there.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 17, 2012, 10:26:21 PM

Wheaton?  He got stiff armed like Will Wheaton.

bucboi813

Starter

#33 : August 17, 2012, 10:27:03 PM

I told you guys free was not the awnser SMH we need to trade for colt McCoy or something ASAP

Live free or die trying

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#34 : August 17, 2012, 10:28:21 PM

Free is not impressive, and is slowly looking like he lacks the mental firepower and will to be a good NFL QB.  He needs to get yards in any way, shape, or form.  He was blessed with the ability to shed people, and throw it a country mile.  Take advantadge.  He needs to run in an effort to make defenses freeze.

He is a fake trying to be a pocket QB.  He needs to run.  If he gets hurt, so be it.  But he is big and strong, and needs to run, because yards are yards, and he cannot afford to pretend like he is a true pocket QB.

This is basically exactly the same thing I've been saying for years and you said you hoped I'd fall down and chip a tooth and get herpes for saying that.   Did you just fall down and chip a tooth and get herpes?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 17, 2012, 10:28:57 PM

I told you guys free was not the awnser SMH we need to trade for colt McCoy or something ASAP

I like McCoy.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 17, 2012, 10:36:38 PM

Should we offer a first to the Jets for Tim?

As crazy as that sounds, it would be an ok move.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 17, 2012, 10:36:39 PM

First DOWN Tampa BAY!

(crowd cheers in mock hysteria)

Hillllaarious!

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 17, 2012, 10:51:46 PM

As if Dan looked any better tonight.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 17, 2012, 11:16:47 PM

I don't think Freeman looked that great and does deserve some blame...don't get me wrong...but...

Was anyone open?

How well did the OL block for him?

How well did the OL block in the run game?

Second preseason the game...it's hard not to get discouraged...I'm a victim of it just as much as anyone...but let's not go all "the sky is falling" just yet...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 17, 2012, 11:19:29 PM

I don't think Freeman looked that great and does deserve some blame...don't get me wrong...but...

Was anyone open?

Second preseason the game...it's hard not to get discouraged...I'm a victim of it just as much as anyone...but let's not go all "the sky is falling" just yet...
We won;t knowbecause our #1 didn;t extend drives when the opportunities presented themselves.  He would rather throw into triple team coverage, and poorly I might add, to test his offense (arm) out.

He needed to run at least three times tonight, and did on only 1.  He lost all that weight, and failed to show his new found endurance and sveltness.  Not impressed with his mindset.  He was a lost cause tonight.  And he needs to act like he knows, and just get off the field after a failed drive, rather than looking around and pointing, that is irritating when half the time it is his damned fault.  Stupid snakes.  Who owns snakes as pets? 

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 17, 2012, 11:21:51 PM

Was anyone open?

We won;t knowbecause our #1 didn;t extend drives when the opportunities presented themselves.  He would rather throw into triple team coverage, and poorly I might add, to test his offense (arm) out.

He needed to run at least three times tonight, and did on only 1.  He lost all that weight, and failed to show his new found endurance and sveltness.  Not impressed with his mindset.  He was a lost cause tonight.  And he needs to act like he knows, and just get off the field after a failed drive, rather than looking around and pointing, that is irritating when half the time it is his damned fault.  Stupid snakes.  Who owns snakes as pets?
The snake part isn't......um......I don't follow.

Many people own snakes. We did for years before I was born.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 17, 2012, 11:22:42 PM

Getting a chuckle out of the whole "Oh no, the sky is falling" crowd...!

If the score is similar next week, then I'll be concerned.

I think people get a little (or a lot) too worked up over a 2nd preseason game though.  Obviously, the plan was stuck to - win. lose, or draw.

I think that's probably the toughest thing for a coach to do; pull his best players out of a game, in order to find out who are the best he has - amongst the 2nd and 3rd stringers.

And for those screaming for Freeman to "just run it"...  Folks that think your QB should risk injury, just to 'move the chains', in a preseason scrimmage...  are the reason someone coined the phrase "armchair GM".

I have to wonder if it ever occurs to these folks that the QB may very well be instructed to "get rid of it, rather than taking a hit needlessly"...?  (Even if it's at the risk of being picked off.)

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 17, 2012, 11:28:51 PM

Getting a chuckle out of the whole "Oh no, the sky is falling" crowd...!

If the score is similar next week, then I'll be concerned.

I think people get a little (or a lot) too worked up over a 2nd preseason game though.  Obviously, the plan was stuck to - win. lose, or draw.

I think that's probably the toughest thing for a coach to do; pull his best players out of a game, in order to find out who are the best he has - amongst the 2nd and 3rd stringers.

And for those screaming for Freeman to "just run it"...  Folks that think your QB should risk injury, just to 'move the chains', in a preseason scrimmage...  are the reason someone coined the phrase "armchair GM".

I have to wonder if it ever occurs to these folks that the QB may very well be instructed to "get rid of it, rather than taking a hit needlessly"...?  (Even if it's at the risk of being picked off.)

I agree. He would run for that first in the reg season. Dumb to risk it now and get hurt. You look at that tape and realize that reg season football you get that first down. 5 didnt play horrible. He just didnt do what we wanted to see him do. He looked sloppy sometimes and he was inaccurate on a throw or two. He needs to work on his game a bit. Its preseason and thats what this is for. I dont expect him to look in midseason form now but I expect him to get a little better each week and be ready for the big show down VS Carolina in a few weeks. Im pulling for the big guy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 17, 2012, 11:32:52 PM

He was awful tonight.

Next game is a reset button.

We'll see then.

I already said I am not bailing on him.  Ijust think he suuuucked tonight.

Big difference.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools