Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kuechly « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#60 : August 20, 2012, 10:33:04 PM

Polamalu, Reed.....They just don't always have a chance to make a play like a LB does.

That's simply false.

A dominating safety can impact the game more than any defensive position because they can have an equal amount of impact on the run game and the pass game.

LB'ers are liability in the pass game , which is why there are nickel and dime packages to get as many of them off the field as possible on passing downs.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#61 : August 20, 2012, 11:45:22 PM

Polamalu, Reed.....They just don't always have a chance to make a play like a LB does.

That's simply false.

A dominating safety can impact the game more than any defensive position because they can have an equal amount of impact on the run game and the pass game.

LB'ers are liability in the pass game , which is why there are nickel and dime packages to get as many of them off the field as possible on passing downs.

I agree. Barron has a chance to affect all 3 levels of the defense, while Kuechly isn't really going to have a lot of opportunities to defend passes downfield. Carolina doesn't exactly have the best DT's to protect him in the run game either. Rivera does a good job with his scheme, but if the Bucs aren't able to get to the 2nd level and take advantage of Carolina's front 7 and Kuechly in particular I'll be disappointed.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kuechly « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools