Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman is not it.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12

jbr18

Second String

: August 18, 2012, 02:15:37 PM

To start off, im a big JF fan. Followed him thru college and supported him as a Buc. But, he just doesnt have IT. He was never an elite winner in college, stares down his receiver almost everytime, holds the ball for WAY to long. Plus hes not really that accurate and I guarantee you with the weight loss he is not as comfortable in the pocket as he was before. It def hurts that we have to take a step back but for everyones sake I hope im dead wrong, but deep down I know im not.
He was raheems protege, raheem seen him in college and fell in love with his physical tangables (which are impressive) but thats not all there is to be a QB. Do you ever see Bress, Brady, Mannings with that deer in the headlights look? No.  Theres a select few people than can process a disguised defense and throw an accurate pass withing 3 seconds while 4 300+ guys are attacking you. And unfort, JF aint one of them.

Another thing I thought was strange. why is none of the coaching staff giving JF flack for playing soccer all the time in the offseason. I know a lot of coaches prohibit their players from playing basketball due to injury concerns and soccer is def high risk. I dont think its ok for our starting QB to be playing soccer everyday, its too risky.

: August 24, 2012, 08:59:56 PM jbr18

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : August 18, 2012, 02:24:31 PM

Very good question regarding his off-season soccer. Seems like a sport where you could easily blow out an ACL.

Was 2010 an anomaly? I'm still wondering. Nothing so far this preseason has proven otherwise.

jbr18

Second String

#2 : August 18, 2012, 02:29:28 PM

I saw every game of the 2010 season. We should of not been 10-6. MAYBE 8-8 . Some of it was luck, no footage on JF, and some of JFs scrambling and throwing down the field in the 4th contributed.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 18, 2012, 02:30:07 PM

Wow........

jbr18

Second String

#4 : August 18, 2012, 02:31:48 PM

Wow........

Wow what? Nice, educated opinion you have on the matter.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 18, 2012, 02:33:57 PM

You can get into a bad car accident in the offseason...should we ban him from driving? Maybe we should ban him from taking showers, because he could slip and hit his head.

Dude is a grown azz man, let him play soccer and deal with any consequences.

jbr18

Second String

#6 : August 18, 2012, 02:36:04 PM

You can get into a bad car accident in the offseason...should we ban him from driving? Maybe we should ban him from taking showers, because he could slip and hit his head.

Let HIM deal with consequences? Bro, hes the starting QB for OUR team. When HE messes up, it affects ALL of the Bucs.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 18, 2012, 02:36:33 PM

Bet he sucks at soccer, too.

jbr18

Second String

#8 : August 18, 2012, 02:37:15 PM

No, we shouldnt ban him for driving. Should we ban him from playing a high risk sport like soccer? Absolutely

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 18, 2012, 02:40:33 PM

Higher likelihood of injury playing soccer than what you mentioned.

Many teams have it in contracts that their players don't play sports like basketball or even drive motorcycles.

jbr18

Second String

#10 : August 18, 2012, 02:45:25 PM

[/quote]

Higher likelihood of injury playing soccer than what you mentioned.

Many teams have it in contracts that their players don't play sports like basketball or even drive motorcycles.
[/quote]

+1

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 18, 2012, 02:48:51 PM

Bet he sucks at soccer, too.

OP, i'm afraid you're right about your 1st paragraph...

( I was hoping i could buy a freeman jersey and have it Mean Something in 3 years. It would be wasted money, imo. Another **CENSORED** up by Rahomer. )

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 18, 2012, 02:51:03 PM

Let HIM deal with consequences? Bro, hes the starting QB for OUR team. When HE messes up, it affects ALL of the Bucs.

Ther is only one real solution for this situation, put Josh in a bubble in the offseason

jbr18

Second String

#13 : August 18, 2012, 02:56:22 PM

Ther is only one real solution for this situation, put Josh in a bubble in the offseason
[/quote]

Not a bubble, maybe a classroom where he can read and UNDERSTAND nfl defenses and exploit the opportunites given by their defensive scheme on any given snap.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#14 : August 18, 2012, 02:57:33 PM

This is his season to prove that he belongs. He really has gotten a pass from the Buc faithful.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman is not it.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools