Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman is not it.. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#165 : August 21, 2012, 04:28:02 PM

QBs need patience.

LOL , I see what you did there .  ;D

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#166 : August 21, 2012, 05:11:14 PM

3rd String:  Great video. 

Sometimes more time doesn't always lead to a good result. 

Some quick passes lead to good results. 

Maybe it is timing vs looking for an open receiver.

+1

Theoldbuc

Starter

#167 : August 21, 2012, 05:12:04 PM

2010 Freeman was awesome, and had me thinking the Bucs finally had a franchise guy. But was that because, teams didn't have any game film on him? Because, if that's the case Cam Newton is in trouble. 2011 Freeman was awful, was that a product of his supporting cast, a inept coaching staff or him feeling the pressure of having to score and make something happen on every drive since the defense could'nt stop a High School team?

Freeman to me is still a huge unknown, which is scary and exciting as he could turn out great, or he could be another bust drafted by Dominik. I think this is the year we will have a better understanding of what Freeman is really capable of. I hope he turns out to be a top 15 QB much like he was in 2010. If not this team is in trouble again...

Ask me this question again after this season and I think we will all have a better idea then.

The 2010 Freeman was good but not awesome. Fans forget a lot of key elements to his success.  Like a good running game with Caddy and Blount. Also, when Caddy was in the backfield, he was helping Freeman read defenses prior to the ball being snapped. It was visible and I don't understand why fans forgot that considering it was entertaining. In 2010, he still started off extremely slow and came alive around the fourth quarter. In 2010, we won several games at the last minute. For some odd reason, fans thought that type of play could continue success. Cam is different because he remained competitive in games regardless how far they were behind.

All credibility lost! No way in  h-e double hockey sticks, that a running back is going to help a qb read defenses. Last minute wins were a result of his talent as so often the system broke down and he created plays on the move. Maybe we have a situation where a young, talented QB has had to learn the game on his own without a whole lot of help from coaching. Remember in 2009 when Olie was the OC/QB coach? Remember 2010 a lot of plays were improvised? Remember 2011 instant pressure, wrong routes, dropped passes, ridiculous route combinations (I have 19 years of playing the game (5 professionally) and 10 years of coaching along with watching the game for over 30 years, I know!), and a defense that gave up 30 points per game?

He has struggled and I am guessing Tom Brady would have, too, if his first three years were like Freeman's. At the end of the day, Freeman has to prove himself with consistent play. Consistent coaching will help that but he has to get it done. As a Bucs fan, I will hope and believe that he is going to turn the corner and get it done in Pewter and Red! We all know what happens to first round QB's when they leave us! ;)

It's not an excuse, but the defense gave up 30 points per game because they got tired of watching the offense suck.  The offense was terrible all year, but the defense was pretty good at the start of the season.  They allowed 27 to Detroit (but also scored a touchdown themselves).  They held a full-strength Viking squad to 20 (with a healthy Harvin, Shiancoe, and Peterson).  They surrendered only 13 against Atlanta's top-10 offense, and then held the Saints to a season-low 20 points a few weeks later.

Talib and company just grew weary of... 3-and-out.  Turnover.  3-and-out.  3-and-out.  Turnover... and they gave up halfway through the season.  They weren't mature enough to handle it.

And it's not often we get some first-hand wisdom around these boards.  Where'd you play professional ball?  Canada?  Arena?  NFL?

jbr18

Second String

#168 : August 24, 2012, 08:59:01 PM

His main problem is he is inconsistent and thats a hell of a prob at his position.Well and hes inaccurate too. And what was the reasoning of him losing weight?? Dudes afraid to run now. I remember in 2010 he was second only to Vick in QB rushing yards, what the hell happened?

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#169 : August 24, 2012, 09:18:18 PM

His accuracy is a concern

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#170 : August 24, 2012, 09:23:33 PM

His accuracy is a concern
Duh.

Do any of you guys actually watch the games (addressng you counter point guys).

Page: 1 ... 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman is not it.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools