Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman is not it.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

DA_OAKS

Starter
#30 : August 18, 2012, 04:22:33 PM

zuttah got blew up 4 times in the first 4 drives giving freeman know time to sit in the pocket.. The line couldn't hold and vjax appeared to drop a pass or get swatted away on a third down attempt.. also remember our LT has been injured the entire preseason.. not allowing the line gel at all.. he looked flustered cause he had a lineman in his grill in 2 secs instead of the desired 3!! don't get me wrong he hasn't flashed in the preseason but i don't think 2010 was a fluke.. he was clutch time and time again that year with 5 comeback victories if I remember correctly... and you can't teach clutch just ask tony romo!! and as they said before bring it up in week 6 if he is still rattled like a school girl... remember its been a full year off from getting hunted... even brees last night was getting back in the swing of things and appeared rattled!! JMO

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 18, 2012, 04:29:31 PM

He didnt look good last night but Im not gonna give up on him yet.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#32 : August 18, 2012, 04:31:05 PM

zuttah got blew up 4 times in the first 4 drives giving freeman know time to sit in the pocket.. The line couldn't hold and vjax appeared to drop a pass or get swatted away on a third down attempt.. also remember our LT has been injured the entire preseason.. not allowing the line gel at all.. he looked flustered cause he had a lineman in his grill in 2 secs instead of the desired 3!! don't get me wrong he hasn't flashed in the preseason but i don't think 2010 was a fluke.. he was clutch time and time again that year with 5 comeback victories if I remember correctly... and you can't teach clutch just ask tony romo!! and as they said before bring it up in week 6 if he is still rattled like a school girl... remember its been a full year off from getting hunted... even brees last night was getting back in the swing of things and appeared rattled!! JMO

+1
Also, OP might want go back and look at the 2010 preseason. Don't think he lit it up then. One more positive, no picks! With all the pressure he took care of the ball.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 18, 2012, 04:36:06 PM

Yea I mean you really cant tell just from his first 4 drives of a preseason games to how he will play this year. He can get better and he will with more time in this new offense. His decision making will be the biggest difference maker for him. If he takes care of the ball like he did in 2010 he will be fine.

jbr18

Second String

#34 : August 18, 2012, 04:42:07 PM

in 2010 he was great running with the ball. Now it seems like hes scared. Any opinions on why?

TheQ

Starter

#35 : August 18, 2012, 04:44:48 PM

He looks skinny as hell and does not have the bulk he has had. I'm concerned that something is medically wrong with him.
He has not exhibited IT since 2010 and last year he sucked big time.
I am on the fence with him....but, he does not look like a polished NFL QB, so far this season and I don't think he is going to flip a switch and go!

DA_OAKS

Starter
#36 : August 18, 2012, 04:45:26 PM

Not scared!! the montra of the nfl is not to be tim tebow!! So he is trying to make plays with his arm... but you better believe that when it comes down to getting a first down or getting hit he will run who ever it is over lb db s... he will run when necessary... which is definitely not in the preseason!!

DA_OAKS

Starter
#37 : August 18, 2012, 04:47:12 PM

He looks skinny as hell and does not have the bulk he has had. I'm concerned that something is medically wrong with him.
He has not exhibited IT since 2010 and last year he sucked big time.
I am on the fence with him....but, he does not look like a polished NFL QB, so far this season and I don't think he is going to flip a switch and go!

he lost the weight to be more fluid and active.. look at my quote above for a more detailed explanation of went wrong last night!

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#38 : August 18, 2012, 04:48:58 PM

The best thing Freeman had going for him was Greg Olson as his QB Coach and Coordinator. We saw what happened when we brought in Alex Van Pelt to be the QB Coach last year, and we're seeing the results of the new coach already. He looks completely clueless without the direction of Olson and his Gruden-esque offense.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 18, 2012, 04:50:37 PM

I saw yesterday he had a few opportunities to take off but chose not to. From what I saw and thought at the game, he was just being cautious to not risk injury in a preseason game. in the reg season he really needs to get back to running with the ball a bit. It will help him so much if he gets back to that. Another thing the defense would need to worry about. He can really be a threat when he runs it too. I remember back in 2010 he went for some real long runs. He would take what the defense gave him. Last year it seemed like they had the leash on him and never wanted to run him. Couldnt tell you what was going on there. Im hoping he runs and is a little more mobile but is also smart about it too. I think we will see it if our coaches are any smarter than last years guys.
: August 18, 2012, 04:52:38 PM BucBalla85

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 18, 2012, 04:57:36 PM

You guys need to listen to the PC that Schiano just did.  He said the plan was to try to force the ball downfield to JVax regardless of what type of defense the Titans played but they dropped into a deep zone most of the first quarter so the opportunities were just not there. Explains to me why Freeman was so locked into him so much.

I try never to get to excited or upset during preseason as it is just a glorified scrimmage. Just ask the Lion fans. They went 4-0 in preseason the year they went 0-16.

DA_OAKS

Starter
#41 : August 18, 2012, 04:58:04 PM

I saw yesterday he had a few opportunities to take off but chose not to. From what I saw and thought at the game, he was just being cautious to not risk injury in a preseason game. in the reg season he really needs to get back to running with the ball a bit. It will help him so much if he gets back to that. Another thing the defense would need to worry about. He can really be a threat when he runs it too. I remember back in 2010 he went for some real long runs. He would take what the defense gave him. Last year it seemed like they had the leash on him and never wanted to run him. Couldnt tell you what was going on there. Im hoping he runs and is a little more mobile but is also smart about it too. I think we will see it if our coaches are any smarter than last years guys.

+1 completely agree

and to the guy with the gruden/olson looking lost comment... they haven't game planned the last two games so he will look lost cause he doesn't really know what he is playing against yet. week one will tell us a lot if we have the 10 or 11 freeman.. but its still far to soon

MasterC25

Starter
#42 : August 18, 2012, 05:11:19 PM

When you have a resume like Brees, he can do whatever he wants. If JFs career is a fraction of Brees, id be ecstatic.

Here is Drew Brees stats in his 3rd yr in the league 2nd as a starter

Passing    Rushing    Fumbles
    G    GS     Comp    Att             Pct           Yds     Avg    TD    Int    Sck    SckY    Rate    Att    Yds    Avg    TD    FUM   Lost
        11    11    205    356        57.6         2,108       5.9      11     15       21    178    67.5    21        84          4.0     0        5       3

Bottomline is becoming a great QB doesn't happen over night. Remember Brees was replaced in San Diego. JF is FAR from a finished product. So just relax take a deep breathe and enjoy the ride.
: August 18, 2012, 05:18:24 PM MasterC25

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#43 : August 18, 2012, 05:14:26 PM

Schiano isn't married to Freeman, or any player on this team( especially considering the new rookie wage scale ). If he doesn't produce his future here will be limited. You can say whatever you want right now but the facts are hes gonna be the starter headed into the season. While its fun right now to discuss the matter + takes up a few minutes on an otherwise gloomy Saturday in Tampa. It's still probably best to take a step back and let the season actually play out. 1996 Bucs were 1-8 before things started clicking over midway through that season and they finished 6-10. This season could be very similar to 1996 when its all said and done.

With that said. I agree on almost all points the OP made about Freeman. Not accurate, bad decision making, holds on to the ball too long, and stares down receivers. He also opens the game completely flat, tends to take him 3 quarters before he starts playing better.

Want to remind everyone that Schiano has stated many times that they aren't game planning at all for these games. So assessing Freeman to this point on his relatively few snaps for THIS seasons would in no way be accurate, imo.

On a side note the OL got absolutely manhandled all night.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#44 : August 18, 2012, 05:17:00 PM

So just relax take a deep breathe and enjoy the ride.

Really having a hard time enjoying the current 10-game losing streak ride.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman is not it.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools